Long-term future of the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

The long term future of the AFL is in the hands of TV rights owners.

any extra teams will be added if there are eyes and time slots for them.

if 7 or 9 refuse to pay any more, that will be decision time.

some time slots are the “graveyard” now. Where would more go?

if Tassie come in, there is no extra game.

is relocation an option Rather than new teams?

you have a short memory - i did and you didn't - I'm still waiting on any link fro you.
(Not really. I've given up treating you with sort of credence)
You make all sort of claims on these threads, but very few times to you supply a link to back up your claims

That is only by your definition.
No country would have a national sport by your definition.
FFS AFL is played regularly in Canberra. Tasmania, Darwin, Cairns, Alice Springs and regional centres.
Australian Football is a national sport of Australia, Australian Football the national sport of Australia and Australian Football is the indigenousl sport of Australia,
It is something every Australian should be proud of.
Cricket is a national sport

Cricket is a national sport

NOT by you definition is it and certianly not NRL or RU.

I think I've woken the possum up

images

Where's the link?

It's right there in the post idiot.
It would have shown up when you replied.
Are you disputing "Yes, the best in Australian Football, outside of Australia,
excluding those playing in Australia or couldn't make it."
Are you saying the the odd AFL game played overseas is better?
Then I guess you're right but that clearly wasn't in the context to the statement.

Are you disputing" Some of the best and most exciting football I've ever seen has been at the AFL International Cup."?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blossom, please supply the link. If you can't go back to doing your school home work

Then I guess you're right but that clearly wasn't in the context to the statement.
Are you disputing" Some of the best and most exciting football I've ever seen has been at the AFL International Cup."?

Im still waiting for that link to back up your claim

There is no link Blossom. Now I'm sure your mummy would want you to do your school homework now, otherwise teacher won't be happy

You have become very discursive. I'm obviously rattling you with the truth

You have become very discursive. I'm obviously rattling you with the truth

I have no idea what you consider to be the truth and what links you want for what statements.
If you want a proper answer then you have to post the specifics not assume people know to what you are alluding to.
I don't care what you do but you are clogging up various thread with absolute shyte.

There is no link Blossom. Now I'm sure your mummy would want you to do your school homework now, otherwise teacher won't be happy
I have no idea what you consider to be the truth and what links you want for what statements.
If you want a proper answer then you have to post the specifics not assume people know to what you are alluding to.
I don't care what you do but you are clogging up various thread with absolute shyte.

if Tassie come in, there is no extra game.

is relocation an option Rather than new teams?
Whilst I think there are too many Victorian teams in the AFL, there is currently no appetite in the AFL Commission for forced relocations and mergers. It’s also very hard to see members and boards of Victorian clubs agreeing to voluntary relocation or mergers.

Whilst I think there are too many Victorian teams in the AFL, there is currently no appetite in the AFL Commission for forced relocations and mergers. It’s also very hard to see members and boards of Victorian clubs agreeing to voluntary relocation or mergers.

I don't think we'll ever see relocation of a Victorian club ever again. Only expansion from here on out.

I don't think we'll ever see relocation of a Victorian club ever again. Only expansion from here on out.
The most logical option I could see going down with future AFL expansion in 10-15 years is Tasmania & Canberra both getting full standalone licenses at their disposal, while North Melbourne rebrands itself as the “Northern Kangaroos” and splits home games in both Melbourne and Darwin/Alice Springs (7/3/2) split, creating a full national 20 team competition (24 rounds) with every state & territory having representation in the league (Northern Territory part-time).

The most logical option I could see going down with future AFL expansion in 10-15 years is Tasmania & Canberra both getting full standalone licenses at their disposal, while North Melbourne rebrands itself as the “Northern Kangaroos” and splits home games in both Melbourne and Darwin/Alice Springs (7/3/2) split, creating a full national 20 team competition (24 rounds) with every state & territory having representation in the league (Northern Territory part-time).
Or 7-4-1. Build a nice roofed stadium with cooling in Darwin.

But I wouldn’t mind NT having their own team and maybe NQLD (they might become their own state one day) but not for another 40 years or so.

Keeping it at 20 teams for 25-30 years might not be the worst course of action.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back