Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the January window is very interesting for us because of the above points. If by the end of December we are still sitting in 1st/2nd then IMO the club must push to bring in 3 players to cover those above.

At least the World Cup will give some of the players a much needed rest.

I think the cover for Saka would’ve been done in the summer window if not for the late injuries to Partey/Elneny which then shifted the focus for the club. Hopefully that’s a priority in January.

If Arsenal are still within striking distance of silverware, I think surely KSE would support Arteta/Edu again like they’ve demonstrated in recent windows. They’ve got a taste for winning.

The World Cup plans seem to be coming together, that Dubai trip earlier this year seemed to do wonders for the squad.

Dunno what else Gabriel, Saliba and White could do to get picked. Top of the league, least goals conceded - and Gabriel in particular is a threat at corners.
Gabriel is behind a few in the Brazil defence though.

Silva, Marquinhos, Militao. Probably should have been a fourth CB though, bit stiff.

Jesus and Martinelli selected for Brazil. That’s huge for them.

Gabriel misses out.

Saliba is already a French international, he’ll be selected for the World Cup.

Really feel for OG Gabby. He should have been in the side. As if they're bringing 36 year old Silva and Alves.

As for Saliba - I expect he'll be picked. France do have a ridiculous amount of quality young CB's coming through though.

I think the cover for Saka would’ve been done in the summer window if not for the late injuries to Partey/Elneny which then shifted the focus for the club. Hopefully that’s a priority in January.

If Arsenal are still within striking distance of silverware, I think surely KSE would support Arteta/Edu again like they’ve demonstrated in recent windows. They’ve got a taste for winning.

The World Cup plans seem to be coming together, that Dubai trip earlier this year seemed to do wonders for the squad.

KSE is on a real high the last 12 months. Remember, the LA Rams won the Superbowl as well. Much as I can't stand the guy, there's no reason to think that Kroenke won't go all in over the next 12 months.

KSE is on a real high the last 12 months. Remember, the LA Rams won the Superbowl as well. Much as I can't stand the guy, there's no reason to think that Kroenke won't go all in over the next 12 months.

Yes that's what I was referring to, they've got a taste for winning. Arsenal very much seem to be in Josh Kroenke's remit, he is a much more visible presence than his father was and seems to have a much more cohesive relationship with Arteta etc. I reckon he'd back their plans again in January just like he's done the last 12-18 months.

Need to rotate this week in the league cup... But Brighton have been doing well this season 🤔

As much as I'd like the lineup to be Nwaneri and his schoolmates, Arteta has shown he is going to go for it. Would expect a similar XI to the Zurich match last week. A really good chance for the likes of Nketiah, Vieira etc to show something and stake their claim after being off the boil a bit lately.

As much as I'd like the lineup to be Nwaneri and his schoolmates, Arteta has shown he is going to go for it. Would expect a similar XI to the Zurich match last week. A really good chance for the likes of Nketiah, Vieira etc to show something and stake their claim after being off the boil a bit lately.
I'd like to see Marquinhos get a good run.

The league and Europe needs to be the priority... Saka.. Jesus.. xhaka.. partey ect need a rest.

Have faith in our depth they need quality time as well... Not just for there own development but at some stage they are going to be needed with injuries and what not. It's hard if you have only been playing 15mins here and there.. to then step up for partey ect if/when needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My selections:

Turner
Cedric Holding Gabriel Tierney
Elneny Lokonga
Marquinhos Viera Nelson
Nketiah
*First 11 bench

Thing is with Brighton - no Europen football, they can probably afford to field a strong line up. Not confident at all...

My selections:

Turner
Cedric Holding Gabriel Tierney
Elneny Lokonga
Marquinhos Viera Nelson
Nketiah
*First 11 bench

Thing is with Brighton - no Europen football, they can probably afford to field a strong line up. Not confident at all...
I’d go with this lineup too, honestly could not give a s**t about the league cup this season, it’ll just be getting in the way of Europa/title aspirations

I’d go with this lineup too, honestly could not give a s**t about the league cup this season, it’ll just be getting in the way of Europa/title aspirations
Normally I wouldn't either, but I'm too conditioned to Arsenal collapses to want to mess with momentum. I just want to keep winning because I'm too afraid of what a loss will lead to. And besides, Brighton is another bogey team I want exorcised.

The culture Arteta is trying to instil is to take every game seriously, every competition seriously, trying to breed a culture of winning and high performance etc.

He was there at City when they’ve won recurring League Cup trophies and aim to go deep in every competition on offer. Winning these last two fixtures and getting to the World Cup break on a high would be right up there in his thinking.

Many fans (myself included) usually react with “meh it’s just the league cup”, but I reckon that’s mostly a fan view. Internally, the players would want to go hard for it. Losing that semi to Liverpool in January this year and limping out of the FA Cup would be relatively fresh still.

A real throwback to trying to follow a match via live blogs haha :D

2-1 to Brighton. Martinelli on for Marquinhos who supposedly has been quiet along with Vieira.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back