Welcome to East Germany Carlton and Collingwood - who finishes higher in 2023? Collingwood Ofcourse

Who finishes higher?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't surprise me that opposition fans haven't respected us - our performances since 2000 don't deserve respect. Respect needs to be earnt and I think we started to win some back this year but more improvement is needed to continue that trend
You don't seem to get it, you lost all respect, not because you are crap now, people wonder what you were doing before you got penalised for Cheating.

In your select 20 year window, that began more than 50 years ago, it was actually 7-0.

It must have been amazing being a Bagger in the 80s. Same as being a Dee would have been amazing in the 60s...the success and flags was never going to stop.

And you do realise that the Pies weren't really "down" in that period?

Played in 37 finals and 9 GFs, in the "down" period, that was more than all clubs bar Carlton and Hawthorn.

The "down" period not really that different to our AFL era period 1990-2019 - 38 finals and 7 GFs.

Losing GFs is shite, but you aint "down" if you are consistently in finals, and actually playing off in GFs.

It is completely different to being a rabble, collecting spoons hand over fist and not even seeing a PF for 20+ years (let alone making a GF) like Carlton.
30 years of 0 premierships is a down period in my book. Guess we just look at things differently.

In your select 20 year window, that began more than 50 years ago, it was actually 7-0.

It must have been amazing being a Bagger in the 80s. Same as being a Dee would have been amazing in the 60s...the success and flags was never going to stop.

And you do realise that the Pies weren't really "down" in that period?

Played in 37 finals and 9 GFs, in the "down" period, that was more than all clubs bar Carlton and Hawthorn.

The "down" period not really that different to our AFL era period 1990-2019 - 38 finals and 7 GFs.

Losing GFs is shite, but you aint "down" if you are consistently in finals, and actually playing off in GFs.

It is completely different to being a rabble, collecting spoons hand over fist and not even seeing a PF for 20+ years (let alone making a GF) like Carlton.

When it comes to flags, you have been a rabble for 80 years compared to the most successful clubs

You don't seem to get it, you lost all respect, not because you are crap now, people wonder what you were doing before you got penalised for Cheating.
Please don't speak for all people. You can continue to hold onto events from the 90s as a reason to not respect the club. Not all people think like that

Ok, fair point, all the people except Carlton fans (and even then some of them ) I know, I actually know 1 who stopped following footy because of it.
And you continue to speak for all opposition fans that's fine. Anyway Carlton did wrong copped the consequences and have moved on.

No, I said "I know" try reading the whole post.
You said you know a Carlton fan that stopped following. I was talking about other opposition supporters if you read my post. Because you had said "all the people except Carlton fans". Not sure that one Carlton fan you know means much. You could probably find something similar with all clubs - if anything Pies have been one of the clubs most in the spotlight for off field scandals in the last decade.

You said you know a Carlton fan that stopped following. I was talking about other opposition supporters if you read my post. Because you had said "all the people except Carlton fans". Not sure that one Carlton fan you know means much. You could probably find something similar with all clubs - if anything Pies have been one of the clubs most in the spotlight for off field scandals in the last decade.
Ok, if you can't comprehend you can't, so be it.

Now the rest of your post about being in the spotlight, that's not the point I was making, but fine if you want to bring it up.

Collingwood have been losing GF's for years, we get there but like losing them, that hasn't changed.

On the other hand since Carlton got penalised for CHEATING, things changed, they went from a powerhouse to the most disfunctional club in the league, 0 flags and the most spoons by any club, 5.

Ok, if you can't comprehend you can't, so be it.

Now the rest of your post about being in the spotlight, that's not the point I was making, but fine if you want to bring it up.

Collingwood have been losing GF's for years, we get there but like losing them, that hasn't changed.

On the other hand since Carlton got penalised for CHEATING, things changed, they went from a powerhouse to the most disfunctional club in the league, 0 flags and the most spoons by any club, 5.
I'm not sure what Collingwood's lack of GF success has to do with what I posted. Was talking about off field scandals. And my comprehension is just fine thanks 😊

I'm not sure what Collingwood's lack of GF success has to do with what I posted. Was talking about off field scandals. And my comprehension is just fine thanks 😊
Because it doesn't scream the only reason we get there is because of the scandals, on the other hand with Carlton, after getting penalised 0 flags and 5 spoons, screams, what were they doing before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me dumb it down for you even further.

Not only have you stopped winning flags, you can rarely even make finals and win spoons regular since you were caught CHEATING.

Before you were caught, flags seemed easy to win, so why did it stop?

CHEATING is the key word here.
I have explained the reasons for our poor performances since 2000 as a team. Anyway looks like we have started to improve in the last couple of years so hopefully we see a successful Carlton soon.

BTW not sure if maybe its my phone doing something with your post but it made no sense. This is what I see "Because it doesn't scream the only reason we get there is because of the scandals, on the other hand with Carlton, after getting penalised 0 flags and 5 spoons, screams, what were they doing before." Not sure what you mean by "scream"

I have explained the reasons for our poor performances since 2000 as a team. Anyway looks like we have started to improve in the last couple of years so hopefully we see a successful Carlton soon.

BTW not sure if maybe its my phone doing something with your post but it made no sense. This is what I see "Because it doesn't scream the only reason we get there is because of the scandals, on the other hand with Carlton, after getting penalised 0 flags and 5 spoons, screams, what were they doing before." Not sure what you mean by "scream"
It's a saying, scream, as in, it's staring you right in the face.

Obvious.

It's a saying, scream, as in, it's staring you right in the face.

Obvious.
Yeh nah that didn't come across. Neverthless you can keep holding on to a scandal from the 90s - think most people have moved on and the club has well and truly moved on

Have you, 0 flags and 5 spoons says you haven't.

It screams since you got caught CHEATING, flags are not that easy to win.
Once again I have explained the reasons for our poor performances since 2000. The scandal hurt us sanction wise but was far from the only reason. Anyway we have completely turned over the club both on and off the field since then. Scandal no longer relevant to any future fails or successes

Once again I have explained the reasons for our poor performances since 2000. The scandal hurt us sanction wise but was far from the only reason. Anyway we have completely turned over the club both on and off the field since then. Scandal no longer relevant to any future fails or successes
The point is, since you got caught and penalised for CHEATING, the flags just stopped, bang.

Not only did they stop, spoons started appearing, 5, the most from any club in the AFL era.

Doesn't that scream, you were only winning because you were cheating?

Well it does to a lot of other people.

The point is, since you got caught and penalised for CHEATING, the flags just stopped, bang.

Not only did they stop, spoons started appearing, 5, the most from any club in the AFL era.

Doesn't that scream, you were only winning because you were cheating?

Well it does to a lot of other people.
No it doesn't. It screams a lot of things other than the scandal in the 90s as I keep explaining and you keep ignoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back