Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Really appreciate the work put into this report, however, the fact that they rate Ashcroft's and Tsatas' disposal as good as Mackenzie's stretches credibility.
The writers are pretty forgiving when it comes to disposal, which is understandable.

Cadman as 'above average' is half true ;)

And, it says a lot about the draft if Humphrey's disposal is considered average.

The colour rankings are largely left up to the individual that writes the profile, so there's a degree of subjectivity there of course.

I've spoken about Ashcrofts disposal before, it is very good for the most part, the only issue I have with it is some of the decision making around his handballing, but he very rarely turns it over. On the flipside, I think Mackenzie's has been overrated a touch, I love how he weights his kicks and is sharp in congestion, but he's more prone to bang the ball on the boot under pressure than an Ashcroft under pressure, so it evens out.

Tsatas varies game to game, sometimes he's fantastic and others he's a shocker, but his technique is fairly solid, just needs to learn to point his foot when he kicks and those up and unders will become less frequent, and I've seen him hit some ridiculous kicks this year but again subjectivity
Okay, we'll have to agree to disagree on Mackenzie's disposal.
Another one I don't understand is the rating of Phillipou's endurance as "average".
The guy was top 10 in the 2km time trial and yet was rated as "average" by the draft guide in endurance. But when compared to players like Sheezel, Jones, Hustwaite, Hotton, Mackenzie, Hewett, Clark, Cadman and Allen he is more consistent over long distance than all of these.
I'm not sure what metric the person who wrote Phillipou's profile is working from.

Also Mackenzie's profile stipulates a strength as "stoppage craft" as well as an improvement as "stoppage craft".
So which one is it?

Last edited:
Another one I don't understand is the rating of Phillipou's endurance as "average".
The guy was top 10 in the 2km time trial and yet was rated as "average" by the draft guide in endurance. But when compared to players like Sheezel, Jones, Hustwaite, Hotton, Mackenzie, Hewett, Clark, Cadman and Allen he is more consistent over long distance than all of these.
I'm not sure what metric the person who wrote Phillipou's profile is working from.

Also Mackenzie's profile stipulates a strength as "stoppage craft" as well as an improvement as "stoppage craft".
So which one is it?
I'd be asking for a refund

So which one is it?
The 2km time trial isn't the ultimate indication of endurance, as it doesn't account for a players ability to recover from repeat sprints. You're comparing pacing yourself over a long-ish distance to repeated short bursts of maximum intensity.

The 2km time trial isn't the ultimate indication of endurance, as it doesn't account for a players ability to recover from repeat sprints. You're comparing pacing yourself over a long-ish distance to repeated short bursts of maximum intensity.
Yeah but in this case it is pretty indicative because in game GPS numbers are uber elite for Phillipou.

Yeah but in this case it is pretty indicative because in game GPS numbers are uber elite for Phillipou.
With the greatest of respect you probably need to think about that statement a little more. First I would be considering what GPS measures. Start there and you might find your answer.
Hence why I said and still maintain that the game day GPS data is more important than the combine data.
And for the record again IMO Phillipou is as talented if not better as any of the other top 5 mids thats continuously get spoken about.

Great write ups Bangers.

Just curious. I’ve seen some highlights of Jovan Petric - 196 KPF from the Western Jets and he looks like he’s got a lot of fantastic attributes.

No mention of him here from what I’ve seen. What am I missing and do you see him being picked up?
He's just very raw as it stands, some nice traits to him and he's capable of those 'wow' moments with some of his clever plays, but will take a bit of time to develop before he's playing AFL, and probably doesn't have enough to his game to be considered a safer Pick. He's predominantly a lead up forward without high level speed or leading patterns as well which puts him in an awkward spot at the next level

Tsatas looks the closest prospect to Jack Macrae I've seen in a while.
Similar running style and Macrae did loop the ball quiet a bit by foot early in his career
Yeah I think that's fair, Tsatas has him beat for burst obviously but both just accumulate at a ridiculously good rate

So which one is it?
My suggestion is use the email in the guide to ask these questions, you'll get a proper answer rather than me half assing a straight bat response because I don't know

It's a strength, if you read his profile on the site he's got Outside Game and Quarter-to-Quarter Consistency as improvements

Great write ups Bangers.

Just curious. I’ve seen some highlights of Jovan Petric - 196 KPF from the Western Jets and he looks like he’s got a lot of fantastic attributes.

No mention of him here from what I’ve seen. What am I missing and do you see him being picked up?
I heard Cal Twomey talk about Petric on SEN i think it was and he said that Petric is gaining a lot of interest. I thought he had some nice moments in the champs, particularly a couple of the big grabs he took. Its so hard to tell what recruiters are thinking, but Cal Twomey is normally on the money.

I heard Cal Twomey talk about Petric on SEN i think it was and he said that Petric is gaining a lot of interest. I thought he had some nice moments in the champs, particularly a couple of the big grabs he took. Its so hard to tell what recruiters are thinking, but Cal Twomey is normally on the money.
Thanks PITB(ull).

Yeah I was basing my interest on what I saw of him in some of those highlights in the Champs.

Hence why I said and still maintain that the game day GPS data is more important than the combine data.
And for the record again IMO Phillipou is as talented if not better as any of the other top 5 mids thats continuously get spoken about.
Yeah fair enough I was just eluding to the fact that they measure different things and just because a player hasn't learnt to utilise their natural athletic gifts on game day as a kid doesn't mean they can't develop that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking through who I'd like at the Giants pick 15 through an optimistic lens.
I reckon Hollands would be excellent and think there is a chance, albeit slim, that he is available. (Maybe that is too optimistic)
I reckon Bailey Humphrey would be awesome, will he be there at 15? I'm thinking maybe?
Am I kidding myself

Looking through who I'd like at the Giants pick 15 through an optimistic lens.
I reckon Hollands would be excellent and think there is a chance, albeit slim, that he is available. (Maybe that is too optimistic)
I reckon Bailey Humphrey would be awesome, will he be there at 15? I'm thinking maybe?
Am I kidding myself
Nah there's no chance Humphrey lasts til 15, I'd put my house on it if I owned one. I reckon of we were to trade up to 6-10 it'd be for him as well, but don't think any club in that range wants to get out of it either.

Hollands is a chance to slip,i doubt he will but given he's not that exciting type other more X Factor likes might jump ahead. Although a draft night invite for Hollands is a good indication clubs in the top 10 see him in that region

Nah there's no chance Humphrey lasts til 15, I'd put my house on it if I owned one. I reckon of we were to trade up to 6-10 it'd be for him as well, but don't think any club in that range wants to get out of it either.

Hollands is a chance to slip,i doubt he will but given he's not that exciting type other more X Factor likes might jump ahead. Although a draft night invite for Hollands is a good indication clubs in the top 10 see him in that region
This is not the answer I was looking for, so I choose to ignore it.
Bailey Humphrey is coming to the Giants 😉

On the very rough chance he makes it to 11, Carlton might trade

On the very rough chance he makes it to 11, Carlton might trade
God that'd be a dream, I reckon on the off chance he lasts that long Carlton would just take him themselves though. As it stands I'd say he's a 99% chance of going in the first 6 picks (pre-Ashcroft)

Did CT say which team was showing interest in Petric?

God that'd be a dream, I reckon on the off chance he lasts that long Carlton would just take him themselves though. As it stands I'd say he's a 99% chance of going in the first 6 picks (pre-Ashcroft)

PMB .... Whats the pros and cons on Tsatis... CT say he is chance to slip thru to Saints ......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back