Portland Trail Blazers Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The race for bottom has already begun! Going to be an all time low season i reckon. Wembanyama looks like a cheat code for NBA2K! I'd be happy for us to tank if it means a shot at this kid. Hell, even Scoot looks the goods! But I reckon there are 5 or 6 sides who are worse than us that won't even need to tank to finish bottom 4. I kind of feel like we should have traded Dame when he was worth most value. I can see us being middle of road at best next few seasons.

I know Pre Season usually means very little, but we do look ******* awful in Pre Season.

So poor that it makes me question how long until Dame has had enough and I've never once questioned his loyalty. They just look putrid

yeah no one would have picked us to be 3-0.

I would have until preseason made me lose all hope for anything

Dame can carry us to 45 wins every year if healthy

Dame is looking very much like prime Dame (albeit a few too many TOs first few games). Long may this continue.

Would never have predicted we would start 4-0 especially with some major tweaks to the starting lineup and how bad we were in preseason.

Shadeon Sharpe could be anything. Plays under control and has had two really good games. I had expected him to spend a lot of time in the D-League or DNPs. But he looks first scoring option of the bench atm

Shadeon Sharpe could be anything. Plays under control and has had two really good games. I had expected him to spend a lot of time in the D-League or DNPs. But he looks first scoring option of the bench atm

Am honestly shocked. I thought Dyson would show why he was the much better pick for winning now than Sharpe and that he'd take 2 or 3 years to get truly NBA ready.

For as little as he has played in recent times it's well above any reasonable expectations.

However, his fast track start and GP2's sidelined beginning to the year aside I am concerned with how thin the bench looks.

We haven't had the best luck with injuries in recent years (have we ever?) and this roster looks so thin that an injury to a starter could dump us towards the bottom of the conference.

Great start, however, let's hope it continues.

Am honestly shocked. I thought Dyson would show why he was the much better pick for winning now than Sharpe and that he'd take 2 or 3 years to get truly NBA ready.

For as little as he has played in recent times it's well above any reasonable expectations.

However, his fast track start and GP2's sidelined beginning to the year aside I am concerned with how thin the bench looks.

We haven't had the best luck with injuries in recent years (have we ever?) and this roster looks so thin that an injury to a starter could dump us towards the bottom of the conference.

Great start, however, let's hope it continues.

I think maybe in 13/14 we had a decent run with Dame, Wes, Batum, LMA and Rolo playing the bulk of the season ?
Well sadly Dame suffered an injury today.

I think maybe in 13/14 we had a decent run with Dame, Wes, Batum, LMA and Rolo playing the bulk of the season ?
Well sadly Dame suffered an injury today.
Do we start Winslow and shift Hart to the 2. Or do we start Sharpe instead?

Hopefully its only minor. Should beat the rockets saturday without him

Do we start Winslow and shift Hart to the 2. Or do we start Sharpe instead?

Hopefully its only minor. Should beat the rockets saturday without him

Sharpe can't defend well enough to start yet imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This team much better than I thought it would be. Refreshing to have some plus defenders on the team. Hart Grant Winslow Little all digging in.

We need to get some more depth at C, might have to sacrifice a couple of wings/guards.

Correct. But still able to get it done on the road today without Nurk. Terrific reliance showm by this team so far this season.

Correct. But still able to get it done on the road today without Nurk. Terrific reliance showm by this team so far this season.
Don't forget no Grant today either.

Super impressive on the road so far this season, especially as we have been undermanned in most of the games.

Proud of this team. I can certainly get behind a team that scraps, plays hard and most importantly plays D.

Chauncey has done a good job in uniting the group and getting buy in.

How long this continues, who knows? Especially with the games we are missing from our better players.

Hart, Winslow, Eubanks, Watford - not big names but are playing important roles atm

4-4 at home now and Dame hurt again, maybe the start to the season was fools gold.
Missed the last couple of games but a poor showing losing to both Jazz and Nets.

Dame injured again will take its toll, especially without Payton as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back