Recommitted Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti [Comes out of retirement, re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Picking Brad Scott over the Dockers coach is a bit odd

See if he comes back on the Nic Nat diet or not
Chose the people he knows and the Gippsland family that he adopted himself into by sheer force of will, over living in Perth.

Also chose an actual senior list spot over a train-on spot with the possibility of being rookied via pre-season SSP.

And chose to come to Essendon where we'll hopefully have Munkara (who has now been nominated but needs to slide past 40), which they're apparently close and both from the Tiwi Islands. Munkara came to train at Essendon earlier in the year and stayed with Walla while he was here.

One more year should take him to free agency, so he could move next year I suppose.

He's apparently lighter now than he was when he last played, and he had a fitness goal to achieve in order to be re-signed, but there's still a way to go. We're in the post-lockdown era now so he'll have more support to actually achieve it.

DanWA

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle Sharks
Chose the people he knows and the Gippsland family that he adopted himself into by sheer force of will, over living in Perth.

Also chose an actual senior list spot over a train-on spot with the possibility of being rookied via pre-season SSP.

And chose to come to Essendon where we'll hopefully have Munkara (who has now been nominated but needs to slide past 40), which they're apparently close and both from the Tiwi Islands. Munkara came to train at Essendon earlier in the year and stayed with Walla while he was here.

One more year should take him to free agency, so he could move next year I suppose.

He's apparently lighter now than he was when he last played, and he had a fitness goal to achieve in order to be re-signed, but there's still a way to go. We're in the post-lockdown era now so he'll have more support to actually achieve it.
If it was just the way the story was reported that he chose Brad Scott after meeting with the Dockers coach

If it was just the way the story was reported that he chose Brad Scott after meeting with the Dockers coach
🤷‍♀️ suit yourself

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
Celebrate Hardly Art GIF by Tacocat

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
🤷‍♀️ suit yourself
As a neutral fan I really love the forward duo of Tippa & Stringer. Just a shame the latter didn’t become the player that he was supposed to be. Still think there was a month at the Dogs (maybe in 2014?) where he was arguably the best player in the league.

I watched in support of James Kelly but Tippa was absolutely the highlight of that season for Essendon

I’m aware he wasn’t a top up player.
Ok well his selection had nothing to do with the Saga so not sure how he came out of it. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
Ok well his selection had nothing to do with the Saga so not sure how he came out of it. :)
There are no guarantees he would’ve played as many games as he did in 2016. We’ll never know and just because you say something doesn’t mean it’s true. Why are we arguing on something that’s supposed to be good?

Foxx

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Fairly obvious Tippa coming back had an influence on the recent signings of the Davey twins and Munkara stating his desire.

That and Essendons review to reinstate a better indigenous culture.

He will be influential for the Davey's, (Munkara?), Wanganeen and Menzie. I think those young guys has probably reinvigorated him too.

Last edited:
There are no guarantees he would’ve played as many games as he did in 2016. We’ll never know and just because you say something doesn’t mean it’s true. Why are we arguing on something that’s supposed to be good?
Because it's fairly disingenuous to link him in anyway to the saga. There is no link.

Back