Welcome to East Germany Carlton and Collingwood - who finishes higher in 2023? Collingwood Ofcourse

Who finishes higher?

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
Western Bulldogs have won one less premierships than Collingwood since 1954 which is shocking since Joel Selwood has won 1 more final than the Dogs throughout their entire existence. That’s how bad Collingwood is.

To clarify North Melbourne > Collingwood.

Apr 18, 2015
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Naicos.. the son of Paicos and Caicos.. learnt how to play Rachmaninoff's Concerto no.3 by the time he was the age of 1 or whatever man.. note perfect and all man.. like a maestro man.. Walshy on the other hand.. took him a coupla yrs into his career to master the chopsticks man and is now at the Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake stage mate.

I reckon if Barass was coaching these 2 blokes.. he'd crack the shits at Walshy with a full on 'stop bloody finessing' spray man.. Naicos.. on the other hand man.. he'd be like.. he'd be like.. fineeesse man.. fineeesse man.. you're the maaaster man.. you're the maaaster man.. give it to me man.. give it to me man.. that's it mate.. forget about it mate.. forget about it.

Jul 14, 2005
Chelsea FC
So you're comparing teams who played in finals/prelims in the preceding years to Carlton who finished 9th in 2022?

Interesting comparison.
The Dees then also missed the finals in 2020.

Prior to 2018 the Demons had an 11-year absence, which is longer than the current Carlton streak.

It's a pretty reasonable correlation IMO.

May 16, 2017
Naicos.. the son of Paicos and Caicos.. learnt how to play Rachmaninoff's Concerto no.3 by the time he was the age 1 or whatever man.. note perfect.. like a maestro man.. Walshy on the other hand.. took him a coupla yrs into his career to master chopsticks man.. good on him man.. good on him man.. gotta give the bloke some credit.. he's graduated to now playing Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake mate. I reckon if Barass was coaching these 2 blokes.. he'd crack the shits at Walshy with a full on 'stop bloody finessing' spray man.. Naicos.. the son of Paicos and Caicos.. on the other hand man.. he'd be like.. he'd be like.. fineeesse man.. fineeesse man.. you're the maaaster man.. you're the maaaster man.. that's it mate.. forget about it mate.. forget about it.
Good work by the Daicos family in trying to keep the completely dead and unimaginably boring genre of Classical music alive. Sums him up quite well, lived in a penthouse with a grand piano craned in right next to the jacuzzi. Getting taught how to play piano next to his other dweeb brother, bandaids on their finger tips so they don't get any scratches. Walsh the other hand, country boy, tough as nails. Why use chopsticks when your fingers can do just as well? Practical man. See footy, get footy. Naicos see footy, determine if it's worth the potential contact, whether any dirt will get on his boots, scratch on his face, mess up his haircut, it's not worth it, let teammate get the footy, get a cheap possession instead. Two different animals mate.

May 16, 2017
Lucky bastards. Another Falcon that's never going to play for Geelong. Seems to be loyal like Jonathan Brown
Country boys mate. Loyal to the club that shows a bit of faith in them and has a culture worth staying at. So it really begs the question at how much of a shithole Collingwood are to lose a loyal man to go play 50 mins down the road.

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
Country boys mate. Loyal to the club that shows a bit of faith in them and has a culture worth staying at. So it really begs the question at how much of a shithole Collingwood are to lose a loyal man to go play 50 mins down the road.
If I was playing under one of the hardest men of all time in Michael Voss and my captain was Patrick freaking Cripps then I would never consider leaving. They possess the kind of traits in football that I value most. Loyalty, courage and toughness. I'd take that 10 times out of 10 over a traitor like Judd or Ablett Jnr even though both are better.

Walsh will be your next 350+ gamer provided he never gets seriously injured. Bookmark it.

Falcon3518

Mar 13, 2022
Oh geez from the way pies supporters are acting about drought periods I thought they’d have a shorter one than Carlton but nah they don’t even have that hahahah…
IMG_5756.JPG

May 16, 2017
Oh geez from the way pies supporters are acting about drought periods I thought they’d have a shorter one than Carlton but nah they don’t even have that hahahah…View attachment 1551778

That's why it's funny when they go on about it. Since they broke that draught 32 years ago, they still have only won the one since. The way they go on about 'VFL flags' when they've only won 2 since 1960 really is something. 11 of their 15 flags came before 1940, but they'll go on about all the success they've seen in their times. Yea, sure mate.

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
That's why it's funny when they go on about it. Since they broke that draught 32 years ago, they still have only won the one since. The way they go on about 'VFL flags' when they've only won 2 since 1960 really is something. 11 of their 15 flags came before 1940, but they'll go on about all the success they've seen in their times. Yea, sure mate.
The bandwagoner with 400 posts in this thread appears old enough to have seen the two flags in the 50’s. Still a pretty miserable existence to be in your 70s and have only 4 flags. The elderly are pretty stuck in their ways and it’s hard to change their opinions so I’d be shocked if they were younger.

Fadge

Mar 4, 2007
In the end good teams make the most of the times when their rivals are down. Since 2000 Carlton has endured it's worst period in history and in that period the Pies have won just the one flag. If we compare that to the down years of the Pies between 1959-1989, Carlton won seven flags (between 1968-1987).
Let's compare the respective teams' worst periods in their histories...

1668063553473.png

I grew up watching the last decade of the 'bleakest period in Collingwood's history', and most games I watched I expected to win, our club was hated by opposition supporters, and my team regularly gave me a great run for my money.

I'm not sure Carlton supporters growing up in the 'bleakest period in Carlton's history' would have the same memories. They would probably recall being pitied by opposition supporters, regularly going to games where they knew they were going to be thumped, and knowing their parents could confidently plan family holidays in September.

Carlton have actually had one solitary season in the past 21 years where the percentage of games won exceeds Collingwood's average percentage of games won across the 'bleakest period in our history'.

The best part about the table above is.... we don't know when the 'bleakest period in Carlton's history' is going to end.

:):):)

Jul 14, 2005
Chelsea FC

View attachment 1551810

I grew up watching the last decade of the 'bleakest period in Collingwood's history', and most games I watched I expected to win, our club was hated by opposition supporters, and my team regularly gave me a great run for my money.

I'm not sure Carlton supporters growing up in the 'bleakest period in Carlton's history' would have the same memories. They would probably recall being pitied by opposition supporters, regularly going to games where they knew they were going to be thumped, and knowing their parents could confidently plan family holidays in September.

Carlton have actually had one solitary season in the past 21 years where the percentage of games won exceeds Collingwood's average percentage of games won across the 'bleakest period in our history'.

The best part about the table above is.... we don't know when the 'bleakest period in Carlton's history' is going to end.

I just hope you’re still around when we break the shackles on our ‘bleakest period in history’.

Judging by your disappearance in the first half of last season I have sincere doubts we will see you.

Just when we think there’s some limit to your cowardice you invent new ways to surprise us.

carlton_99

Oct 4, 2018
Arsenal & NY Knicks

View attachment 1551810

When was I comparing our down periods. I was comparing the different teams' ability to make the most of their rival being down. 7-0 GF wins for the Blues between 59-89. 0-1 GF wins between 02-22. Worlds apart

Fadge

Mar 4, 2007
I just hope you’re still around when we break the shackles on our ‘bleakest period in history’.

Judging by your disappearance in the first half of last season I have sincere doubts we will see you.

Just when we think there’s some limit to your cowardice you invent new ways to surprise us.
Really?

I disappeared in the first half of the season?

You might want to check my posting history. Banned from a few Carlton threads? Yes.

But no less active than I have been in recent times.

I'd love to see Carlton go well. I have a lot of great Carlton supporting friends who deserve to see some success after two decades of misery.

Jun 4, 2005
Putney
Oh geez from the way pies supporters are acting about drought periods I thought they’d have a shorter one than Carlton but nah they don’t even have that hahahah…View attachment 1551778

The important bit of info there is the 'end' column.

Carlton's is current.

What relevance does a Pies premiership drought 50 years ago have?

Fadge

Mar 4, 2007
The important bit of info there is the 'end' column.

Carlton's is current.

What relevance does a Pies premiership drought 50 years ago have?
5 of the 16 teams in the league at the time have a premiership drought of 23 years or more.

31.5%

Will be interesting to see how many different teams will win a flag in the next 23 years, and if one of those teams will be Carlton?

Hmmmm...

Apr 18, 2015
Good work by the Daicos family in trying to keep the completely dead and unimaginably boring genre of Classical music alive. Sums him up quite well, lived in a penthouse with a grand piano craned in right next to the jacuzzi. Getting taught how to play piano next to his other dweeb brother, bandaids on their finger tips so they don't get any scratches. Walsh the other hand, country boy, tough as nails. Why use chopsticks when your fingers can do just as well? Practical man. See footy, get footy. Naicos see footy, determine if it's worth the potential contact, whether any dirt will get on his boots, scratch on his face, mess up his haircut, it's not worth it, let teammate get the footy, get a cheap possession instead. Two different animals mate.

Sammy 'The Clang' Walshy avg's more H's than K'a per game than Naicos the son of Paicos and Caicos.. mate.

2022 Avg's

The Clang K 14.3 H 17.8
Son of P&C K 14.4 H 11.3

There's your proof right there mate.

Not only is Naicos a bewdy bottler and better at disposing the pill by foot.. he's also better with his hands mate.. paranormal laser like precision mate.. like Russel Crowe wielding his sword at the Colluseum mate.. Jimmy Hendrix swinging his guitar in behind his cranium for a solo mate.. how grouse was that little corker he offloaded to Maynard with a coupla mins left on the clock man.. f osmosis maaaan.. f osmosis maaaan.. The Clang on the other hand.. a model of restraint man.. a battler.. get the wonky handpass out there.. and hope for the best.. look man.. good on him for having a burl at it though man.. for not chucking it in all in and that man.

K Naicos Son of P&C > The Clang
H Naicos son of P&C > The Clang

I rest my case mate.. that's it mate.. forget about it mate.. forget about it.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
Ophidian Old Boys
Sammy 'The Clang' Walshy avg's more H's than K'a per game than Naicos the son of Paicos and Caicos.. mate.

2022 Avg's

The Clang K 14.3 H 17.8
Son of Paicos and Caicos K 14.4 H 11.3

There's proof right there mate.

Not only is Naicos the son of Paicos and Caicos a bewdy bottler disposing the pill by foot and the Clang's a battler at it and that man.. look soz man.. wouldn't say he's a battler.. yeaaaah he does give it a bash and that that so good on him and that man.. Naicos the son of Paicos and Caicos is also better at disposing the pill by hand mate.. paranormal laser like precision maaate.. watching Naicos the son of Paicos and Caicos use his hands it's like having a gig at Russel Crowe wielding his sword at the Colluseum man.. Jimmy Hendrix swing his guitar behind his cranium for a solo man.. how grouse was that little corker he gave to Maynard with a coupla mins left on the clock man.. f osmosis maaaan.. f osmosis maaan.. The Clang on the other hand is the model of restraint man.. a battler.. but good on him for having a burl at it man.. for not chucking it in and that man.

K Naicos son of Paicos & Caicos > The Clang
H Naicos son of Paicos & Caicos > The Clang

I rest my case mate.. that's it mate.. forget about it mate.. forget about it.
Lol one of them is playing the seagull role mate, there's no comparison on a first year seagull and a player who has had four good years, no comparison at all, Walshy way in front.

Apr 18, 2015
Lol one of them is playing the seagull role mate, there's no comparison on a first year seagull and a player who has had four good years, no comparison at all, Walshy way in front.

Look man.. no need to get as jumpy as a wallaby over it and that man.. look man.. just quietly and that man.. you can whisper it in my ear and that man .. Naicos the son of Paicos and Caicos is a much better player than the Clang man.. I promise.. I will not tell anyone man.. it will be just between you and I man.