Arsenal, New York Yankees
499615.jpg

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
The culture Arteta is trying to instil is to take every game seriously, every competition seriously, trying to breed a culture of winning and high performance etc.

He was there at City when they’ve won recurring League Cup trophies and aim to go deep in every competition on offer. Winning these last two fixtures and getting to the World Cup break on a high would be right up there in his thinking.

Many fans (myself included) usually react with “meh it’s just the league cup”, but I reckon that’s mostly a fan view. Internally, the players would want to go hard for it. Losing that semi to Liverpool in January this year and limping out of the FA Cup would be relatively fresh still.
This aged well.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
This aged well.

From the subs he made he was still going for it. But anyway seems Brighton were comfortably the better the team and deserved the win.

Onto the weekend and 3 points against Wolves ensures Arsenal remain top until after the break - get it done Arsenal!

Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yankees, N'Orleans Saints, Arsenal
From the subs he made he was still going for it. But anyway seems Brighton were comfortably the better the team and deserved the win.

Onto the weekend and 3 points against Wolves ensures Arsenal remain top until after the break - get it done Arsenal!
Stopping in the middle of the season for a World Cup just feels weird.

Feb 13, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
wombats

This loss just shows our next best 6 or 7 ain't up to it
My opinion

Kipz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2008
Zor*n's tissue pile
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gooners
I'm glad we are out of that comp. 4 comps next year was always going to be too much. Hopefully it wakes the hierarchy up that we need to buy a few players in January, our second string players aren't up to it

dirty2

F*** the southern power
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
I'm glad we are out of that comp. 4 comps next year was always going to be too much. Hopefully it wakes the hierarchy up that we need to buy a few players in January, our second string players aren't up to it
League cup is 🤔 lowest priority out of them all so not upset. I do like winning but.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
This loss just shows our next best 6 or 7 ain't up to it
My opinion

Yep there’s gaps across the squad that clearly need strengthening. I watched Arteta’s press conference and he said pointedly the squad is still “very very short”.

January will be very important.

Back