Is Gary Rohan the worst finals player of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol. When you argue that Dustys norm smiths don’t mean anything cause GAJ high stats games could still mean they are better. Do you even remember what you argue mate. Thick as a brick you are, just another country bumpkin.

Yeah maybe I’ll step outside and go for a drive? You going to?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

"Thick as a brick you are, just another country bumpkin"

Your elitist views are showing.

Lol. When you argue that Dustys norm smiths don’t mean anything cause GAJ high stats games could still mean they are better. Do you even remember what you argue mate. Thick as a brick you are, just another country bumpkin.

Yeah maybe I’ll step outside and go for a drive? You going to?

Talk about double standards If anyone called you a country bumpkin you would have reported them. The sooner you get banned again the better. Phat might get time to get out and mow his lawns then. Plus what makes you think he lives in the country?

"Thick as a brick you are, just another country bumpkin"

Your elitist views are showing.
images

Mate I’m the only one that keeps these threads going cause you guys harass people who say otherwise. Bad insecurity issues especially after a flag win.

People tend to disagree with stupid points of view, yes you are right about that one. Enlighten us all about our insecurity problems?

He's probably marked as hard as a superstar of the game. Simple fact is that he's a player Geelong got for pick 61..basically the scraps of paper picks that are the chaff of the draft/trade period. For Geelong he's played 71 games, kicked 93 goals, played 11 finals for the Cats, kicking 11 goals in those games. A role player, a man who does his job, hence he's selected for the club to play in Finals. No matter what the opinions of others, his QF performance will be remembered by most Cats fans as a decisive outcome that played a huge role in our 2022 Flag. Most importantly, Gary doesn't care what keyboard warriors think either.

I'd say perhaps of the players who have played 26 finals like he has maybe he would be ranked lowest, but it's a mighty select group. I made a table of these players several pages ago which seems to have gotten lost in the ether. It's no shame to perhaps be ranked the least accomplished of the likes of those.

The players in this list who have more than 10% of their career games consisting of finals are as follows.

Name.........................Club............Games.....Finals.......%

Gary Rohan................Syd/Geel..........177.........26.........14.69
Dermott Brereton.....Haw/Sy/Co..........211.........26.........12.32
Chris Mew......................Haw.............230.........28.........12.17
Albert Collier...................Coll.............217.........26.........11.98
Joel Selwood...................Geel...........355..........40.........11.27
Harry Taylor....................Geel............280.........31..........11.07
Martin Pike............Me/NM/Fi/Br..........247.........27..........10.93
Harry Collier................Coll/Fi............253..........27.........10.67
Rod McGregor.................Carl............236..........25..........10.59
Gary Ayres.....................Haw............269..........28.........10.41
Dean Kemp....................WCE............243..........25.........10.29
Gordon Coventry..............Coll............306..........31.........10.13
Isaac Smith................Haw/Gee..........258.........26..........10.08
Mitch Duncan................Geel..............258.........26..........10.08

He's probably marked as hard as a superstar of the game. Simple fact is that he's a player Geelong got for pick 61..basically the scraps of paper picks that are the chaff of the draft/trade period. For Geelong he's played 71 games, kicked 93 goals, played 11 finals for the Cats, kicking 11 goals in those games. A role player, a man who does his job, hence he's selected for the club to play in Finals. No matter what the opinions of others, his QF performance will be remembered by most Cats fans as a decisive outcome that played a huge role in our 2022 Flag. Most importantly, Gary doesn't care what keyboard warriors think either.

I'd say perhaps of the players who have played 26 finals like he has maybe he would be ranked lowest, but it's a mighty select group. I made a table of these players several pages ago which seems to have gotten lost in the ether. It's no shame to perhaps be ranked the least accomplished of the likes of those.

The players in this list who have more than 10% of their career games consisting of finals are as follows.

Name.........................Club............Games.....Finals.......%

Gary Rohan................Syd/Geel..........177.........26.........14.69
Dermott Brereton.....Haw/Sy/Co..........211.........26.........12.32
Chris Mew......................Haw.............230.........28.........12.17
Albert Collier...................Coll.............217.........26.........11.98
Joel Selwood...................Geel...........355..........40.........11.27
Harry Taylor....................Geel............280.........31..........11.07
Martin Pike............Me/NM/Fi/Br..........247.........27..........10.93
Harry Collier................Coll/Fi............253..........27.........10.67
Rod McGregor.................Carl............236..........25..........10.59
Gary Ayres.....................Haw............269..........28.........10.41
Dean Kemp....................WCE............243..........25.........10.29
Gordon Coventry..............Coll............306..........31.........10.13
Isaac Smith................Haw/Gee..........258.........26..........10.08
Mitch Duncan................Geel..............258.........26..........10.08
Yeah but it’s the quality of the disposals and importance of the timing of the goals and the overall value to the team that matters.

Gary has none of the above unfortunately.

Yeah but it’s the quality of the disposals and importance of the timing of the goals and the overall value to the team that matters.

Gary has none of the above unfortunately.
Those three goals, huge mark, and that match winning goal-assist in our closest final win this year excluded, of course? :smilev1:

He's been proverbial as a poor finals player for a long time, the odd decent game aside, and while poor in the GF was stellar in the QF. If Gary Rohan had played a typical Gary Rohan game in the QF, Collingwood win and may very well have rolled through September with more form and self-belief than the other teams, with Geelong then needing to play an extra game which may have been a bridge too far. Instead he stood up and fought to get his team over the line. I'm not saying that Rohan is responsible for the 2022 premiership, there's 24 or so players that were, but he played his role when it was needed.

He'll never be thought of in the same company as legends like Matthews, Ayres, Martin, Selwood for finals performances, but he did what he was recruited to do, this year at least, and it all paid off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Great Gary Rohan does not concern himself with round 1 games.

I’d love a reply on loop of when he took that mark on the lead and tumbled over.

Then he got up and prepared to take his shot, gasping for air like he’d just spent a qrt running 10km in the midfield.

He’s a sight to behold. The Great Gazrow.

I’d love a reply on loop of when he took that mark on the lead and tumbled over.

Then he got up and prepared to take his shot, gasping for air like he’d just spent a qrt running 10km in the midfield.

Lol. He got to speed you couldn't reach on a bicycle and avoided a hamstring injury but pulling up too quickly so I'd pipe down if I were you.

Lol. He got to speed you couldn't reach on a bicycle and avoided a hamstring injury but pulling up too quickly so I'd pipe down if I were you.
“avoided a hamstring injury” …lol

That’s pretty much the best result you can expect from Gary games.

As long as he’s right for the next week to strut his brilliance.

I know right? Who's he kidding? He doesn't do any running at all, just parks himself in the goalsquare like a 130kg twos full forward.

I'd love a replay on loop of just how much space Rohan would have put on you on that lead, given he would have been going upwards of 30km/h.

He'll have a bad game soon enough, last night wasn't it... he was a good contributer.

I know right? Who's he kidding? He doesn't do any running at all, just parks himself in the goalsquare like a 130kg twos full forward.

I'd love a replay on loop of just how much space Rohan would have put on you on that lead, given he would have been going upwards of 30km/h.

He'll have a bad game soon enough, last night wasn't it... he was a good contributer.

Jesus ..you people are so deluded about Gary.

Good luck with it all..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back