Prediction 2022 Phantom Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of maybe the Afl did this, maybe that, could have, should have. Not a single sentence about him taking responsibility for his own actions. One strike policy for inflicting violence on a woman. What, are you suggesting there should be two strike, three strike policy. The man has shown to be a terrible human, who it appears does not have ability to learn or to adjust his behavior. It is not the Swan's responsibility to make him an agreeable human. That was primarily parental responsibility and once of age it is his own responsibility.

And as I posted. Times have changed.

At the start of last year it was JHF and Caicos seen as the top 2 with a bullet, followed by Callaghan and then Sinn/Sonsie behind all three. And there's a bit of a difference between starting the year in the top 5 and then dropping out by all and sundry by mid year to being top 5 the entire time.

I've cited that, GWS trading up two picks by using a F1, and West Coast trading in 8, 12 and a third essentially for pick 2. All have shown that top 5 picks require a large cost.

As far as St. Kilda is concerned, the only possible way they're in contention for pick 1 is if all of Steele, Marshall, Gresham, King, Howard, Sinclair, Wilkie and Membrey don't play a single game next year. And even then I'd back them to finish ahead of North and Hawthorne. If they decide the cost outweighs the benefit, fine, that's their call. They should still be able to get a quality player at pick 10.

Which was called a reach by literally everyone. In addition, that was one of the worst drafts of all time, using that as a reference means * all.
If Tsatas is as good as you suggest why would Essendon entertain trading that pick out?

I'm not sure where you have gotten this info that St Kilda are so desperate to move up the draft order to get him that they would throw away a future first, but its definitely not what we are hearing from a Saints perspective.

Seems like fan fiction to me.

Not that I expect them to be right with the Swans as they both get it wrong with Sydney every single time but does anyone know when Twomeny and Sheehan will be doing their mock draft together on Road to the Draft?
There was a mock draft done today by the sun.

Twomeys will come out the weekend of the 26th. That’s the one to keep an eye out for. Did a great job last year.

what are you basing my football knowledge on? 🤔 I'm pretty darn knowledgeable and I just proved you wrong with my long lost of top 5 picks that didn't justify their position.
Reading your posts throughout BF. It's funny how you didn't list Rowell, Anderson, Jackson, Ash, Stephens, Walsh, Rankine, King, Rozee, Brayshaw, LDU, Cerra, McGrath, Taranto, McCluggage, Weitering, Mills, Oliver, Parish, Petracca, Brayshaw, De Goey, Kelly, Bont, Whitfield and Stringer. Almost as if most drafts you're more likely to get that top 5 pick than not.
Daicos was unranked by everyone as his only level of football played was at school football, but he had a reputation of those close to him that he was an outstanding talent. Finn Callaghan was rated in the twenties at the start of last year, what are you on about?
There was no one that predicted the rise of Callaghan to be a top 3 pick start of last year.
I get those draft trades occurred but the main difference is Tsatas isn’t a consensus top 5 pick by the looks of it, because if he was he’d be confirmed by either us or North Melbourne by now he’s getting selected. The fact there is a narrative building that Essendon’s pick shapes the top 10 of the draft, speaks volumes that Tsatas isn’t a 100% lock, and actually deters our negotiation power if a club wants to trade up to our pick. The fact that there is even rumours that Tsatas could slide to pick 10, shows that Essendon, Gold Coast, Hawthorn, Geelong and West Coast, are passing up a player they don’t rate as highly as you.
The fact that we’re linked to three players at our pick still, whereby the other two prospects being considered at our pick you could argue are more needs based over the supposed “superior” talent in Tsatas shows there is some doubts that are lingering.
Dude, everyone had Daicos top 2. Like it wasn't close. Many had him pick 1 ahead of JHF and then distance to the rest.

The same Hawthorne that were looking to trade ahead of us to get him? The only people I've seen suggest that are Saints fans who don't want to trade up for him, which have all been debunked by Hawthorne fans saying that there's 0 chance he gets past them.

Phillipou is basically the same style as Tsatas in any case but not as well performed honestly.
If Tsatas is as good as you suggest why would Essendon entertain trading that pick out?

I'm not sure where you have gotten this info that St Kilda are so desperate to move up the draft order to get him that they would throw away a future first, but its definitely not what we are hearing from a Saints perspective.

I never said St. Kilda we're desperate. I said that they were interested and the above would be the cost.

Tsatas has been the one I wanted all year. He still is. I think North would be silly to go with Wardlaw over him honestly, they already have Powell, LDU, Simpkin as the guts of the operation.

Reading your posts throughout BF. It's funny how you didn't list Rowell, Anderson, Jackson, Ash, Stephens, Walsh, Rankine, King, Rozee, Brayshaw, LDU, Cerra, McGrath, Taranto, McCluggage, Weitering, Mills, Oliver, Parish, Petracca, Brayshaw, De Goey, Kelly, Bont, Whitfield and Stringer. Almost as if most drafts you're more likely to get that top 5 pick than not.

Dude, everyone had Daicos top 2. Like it wasn't close. Many had him pick 1 ahead of JHF and then distance to the rest.

The same Hawthorne that were looking to trade ahead of us to get him? The only people I've seen suggest that are Saints fans who don't want to trade up for him, which have all been debunked by Hawthorne fans saying that there's 0 chance he gets past them.

Phillipou is basically the same style as Tsatas in any case but not as well performed honestly.

I never said St. Kilda we're desperate. I said that they were interested and the above would be the cost.

Tsatas has been the one I wanted all year. He still is. I think North would be silly to go with Wardlaw over him honestly, they already have Powell, LDU, Simpkin as the guts of the operation.
Well we'd have to be desperate to give up 9 and a future first for him, we wouldn't do it otherwise

And that was your prediction that that deal would get done

There was a mock draft done today by the sun.

Twomeys will come out the weekend of the 26th. That’s the one to keep an eye out for. Did a great job last year.

Usually Twomey and Sheehan do one earlier on Road to the Draft though, where Sheehan does pick 1, Twomey pick 2, Sheehan pick 3, Twomey pick 4 etc. From memory it usually happens a few weeks before the draft.

It is different to Twomey's mock draft though.

Well we'd have to be desperate to give up 9 and a future first for him, we wouldn't do it otherwise

And that was your prediction that that deal would get done
That's an inference. I think in terms of cost/benefit you might look at it.

If it were me I'd take Tsatas. Look to move 22 with our F2 ahead of a Davey bid and take someone like Hollands or George, maybe Hustwaite. Then match bids on Davey x2 and hope Munkara slips to the RD.

I dont need to list players that are good. the onus isn't on me as you were the one that made it sound like tsatas was immune from criticism just because he was a top 5 pick.

I dont need to list players that are good. the onus isn't on me as you were the one that made it sound like tsatas was immune from criticism just because he was a top 5 pick.
Because your point is inane. A top 5 pick, in most drafts, is there for a reason.

I also never said that they're immune from criticism. The point I was making is that he's got plenty going for him and has been considered that from the start and all throughout the year because he's a very good talent.

That's an inference. I think in terms of cost/benefit you might look at it.

If it were me I'd take Tsatas. Look to move 22 with our F2 ahead of a Davey bid and take someone like Hollands or George, maybe Hustwaite. Then match bids on Davey x2 and hope Munkara slips to the RD.
It's an inference based on very little by the sounds of it. I'm happy to put my balls on the line and say it won't happen.

The only way we'd consider it is if 22 was also coming our way, but I'm still happy with 9 and hope we wouldn't do that deal.

Your second proposal is much more likely to happen though. Not sure how far up you'll be able to get, Giants seem the most likely to give up a pick ahead of yours.

It's an inference based on very little by the sounds of it. I'm happy to put my balls on the line and say it won't happen.

The only way we'd consider it is if 22 was also coming our way, but I'm still happy with 9 and hope we wouldn't do that deal.

Your second proposal is much more likely to happen though. Not sure how far up you'll be able to get, Giants seem the most likely to give up a pick ahead of yours.
I'm okay with that.

Collingwood might do it if both Busslinger and Jefferson are off the table, with Hayes a possibility to slip to our 22, and if not Keeler is probably there.

Newcombe has shown some ability in this area, but we have a desperate need for a midfielder who can burst away from congestion on a regular basis.

Tsatas and Mackenzie are the two favourites on our board for this very reason.

Doesn't mean that's the way the club sees it, but it seems to be a general consensus amongst Hawks fans.

Newcombe has shown some ability in this area, but we have a desperate need for a midfielder who can burst away from congestion on a regular basis.

Tsatas and Mackenzie are the two favourites on our board for this very reason.

Doesn't mean that's the way the club sees it, but it seems to be a general consensus amongst Hawks fans.
I think we take him. I can still see Clark getting taken by you.

I think we take him. I can still see Clark getting taken by you.

Clark has some wonderful qualities, but he's a bit of a boring pick for where our rebuild is at.

Humphrey, Tsatas, Phillipou and Mackenzie offer more dynamics which is what we're crying out for.

In saying that, Clarks generally football ability and leadership qualities won't result in me rioting in the streets if we call out his name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I take the opinion of experts over yours. I'll back him to be a star.
Plenty of experts are questioning him as well.

He has strengths that are elite.

Plenty questioning his defence, some questioning his kicking some have also mentioned his contested stuff.

He has been touted as a top 5 pick and a slider.. there is a bit of conjecture about how .

Me either, I reckon they'll happily end up with McKenzie (a likely result)

I think if you take Tsatas, we take Phillipou. And vice versa.
Either way, we can't really lose. Nor can you.
I think it's between Tsatas and Humphrey for us.

I think it's between Tsatas and Humphrey for us.
I'm dreaming of Humphrey sliding to the Giants at 15.
I'm told this is impossible. I m ignoring this and still hoping to see him and orange and charcoal

People have said that the cost/benefit might not be worth it. That's fine, they can think that, but that's different than saying it's overs.

The delusional part is suggesting that Tsatas isn't that good. He's a top 5 player, has been all year. He won Oakleigh's BnF ahead of Wardlaw. He runs one way. Cool, that's one flaw. He has elite speed, is a fantastic kick and is good over the ball. He might not be Wardlaw/Clark levels in his attack on the footy and some people interpret that as "soft", and they'd be wrong. In addition, all the experts say he's clearly in the top 5 ahead of the next crop of players.

If we keep the pick, I hope we take him. Or Wardlaw. Whoever's left.
Wardlaw played 3 games!

Now you’re grasping at straws, and making delusional points to support your argument.

Every player who played 10 or more games for Oakleigh should have finished ahead of Wardlaw in the BnF count.

McGrath and Parish shouldn’t be on that list as ✅ as top 5 worthy picks.

McGrath and Parish shouldn’t be on that list as ✅ as top 5 worthy picks.
In what world is Parish not a success? McGrath is debatable sure but Parish is 100% in the tick column

Because your point is inane. A top 5 pick, in most drafts, is there for a reason.

I also never said that they're immune from criticism. The point I was making is that he's got plenty going for him and has been considered that from the start and all throughout the year because he's a very good talent.
I believe you need to clarify that he’s been in various media’s top 5 all year.

We don’t know where he’s rated by the professional recruiters.

We’ve seen the media get it wrong plenty of times.

We’ve also seen the media move players up their draft boards, based on where they hear clubs rate players.

Ginbey and Allan are great examples of that this year. So to Cadman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back