The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The only thing I dont get is why FSG want to sell. We are a literal cash cow for them.

Someone posted an article about it earlier which made sense.

FFP

When they bought the club they thought it would be more of an even footing, but it's been largely been ignored by FIFA (big surprise).

The mooted super league was supposedly more even for the clubs involved as well, but when that fell through they were back to square one.

So they know they don't have the financial clout to match the truly bug cash guys, so they are bailing

Someone posted an article about it earlier which made sense.

FFP

When they bought the club they thought it would be more of an even footing, but it's been largely been ignored by FIFA (big surprise).

The mooted super league was supposedly more even for the clubs involved as well, but when that fell through they were back to square one.

So they know they don't have the financial clout to match the truly bug cash guys, so they are bailing
Yeah I've heard that theory but it paints FSG as football lovers and wanting Liverpool to be the best and compete and win trophies when IMO FSG are businessmen with no interest in football whatsoever. Sure as businessmen they have done what they can to turn us into a winning a side and be as profitable as possible for them.

But we are still making them stupid money so I just dont see why they would bail so quickly. Maybe they think this is the tipping point and it's backwards from here so they are out. Who knows.

I've head an american consortium is in line to take over and apparently it's been in the works for weeks behind closed doors. That sounds s**t. A consortium always means no money.

The only thing I dont get is why FSG want to sell. We are a literal cash cow for them.

They will make more than 10x what they paid for the club. They don't have the money for us to compete with City/PSG/Real/Barca. If they can't put in the money for us to compete then the value of the club will decrease. Better to get out while the getting is good rather than wait and take a lot less.

They will make more than 10x what they paid for the club. They don't have the money for us to compete with City/PSG/Real/Barca. If they can't put in the money for us to compete then the value of the club will decrease. Better to get out while the getting is good rather than wait and take a lot less.
I mean I guess, but I dont see a scenario where we fall back in value massively.

Either way if they sell to this "american consortium" im guessing it will just be more broke owners.

The Washington Commanders has been suggested.

Also, going down the Steven Gerrard road, if all the money to be made is to be made on the value of the club, then at some stage to get that cash, they have to sell.

It is pretty easy to understand really.

FSG have rebuilt the club over the last 10 years after securing an asset for unders thanks to H&G having to sell due to their RBS loan agreement.

They've rebuilt Anfield into a modern stadium - this project is complete once the Anfield Rd end is finished.

They've built a brand new modern training venue. They've built a squad in a sustainable way. The only capital they have had to inject is in infrastructure projects and they have all been funded as interest free loans anyway. I believe the main stand project has already paid for itself.

So now after all that work they have an asset valued at 4 billion. That valuation isn't going to increase any time soon no matter what results Jurg has on the field with the squad.

What will increase is the amount of capital FSG will have to inject in order to keep up with state owned oil money over at City & eventually Newcastle. They see that FFP won't be a factor any longer.

Therefore it is a simple equation of there is no longer a capital return on the vast investment needed to keep up (we have an ageing squad that needs a complete overhaul in the next 2-3 years). There's only so many astute signings you can make going off the moneyball concept. At some stage financial muscle is needed to compete.

Hence the decision to sell. Take the capital gain after repaying all loans owed to FSG.

Yeah I've heard that theory but it paints FSG as football lovers and wanting Liverpool to be the best and compete and win trophies when IMO FSG are businessmen with no interest in football whatsoever. Sure as businessmen they have done what they can to turn us into a winning a side and be as profitable as possible for them.

But we are still making them stupid money so I just dont see why they would bail so quickly. Maybe they think this is the tipping point and it's backwards from here so they are out. Who knows.

I've head an american consortium is in line to take over and apparently it's been in the works for weeks behind closed doors. That sounds s**t. A consortium always means no money.
We are the peak of an asset bubble - maybe past that peak now - and this opportunity to sell at insane prices will not happen again for a while if global economies crash like everyone seems to think they will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are the peak of an asset bubble - maybe past that peak now - and this opportunity to sell at insane prices will not happen again for a while if global economies crash like everyone seems to think they will.
Spot on
The Washington Commanders has been suggested.

Also, going down the Steven Gerrard road, if all the money to be made is to be made on the value of the club, then at some stage to get that cash, they have to sell.
Yep, they’ll never get a better sale price. If the rumours are true about this US
consortium buying in it will be more of the same. How mad are they for buying in at top dollar if they can’t finance player purchases to compete with the likes of City and Newcastle? Obviously, this is all speculation at this point in time.

Gonna be a huge task getting CL football this season, 7 points adrift, Newcastle looking strong. We'll have a chance if we can fix our defensive issues, since we have no problems scoring goals. Konate needs to be fit
We have a game in hand on Newcastle and Spurs who sit 3rd and 4th. Always better to have points in the bank for sure but if we take advantage of it we can be just 4 points out of 4th. Doable with plenty of games to go and we've shown signs that we are getting our s**t together.

We have a game in hand on Newcastle and Spurs who sit 3rd and 4th. Always better to have points in the bank for sure but if we take advantage of it we can be just 4 points out of 4th. Doable with plenty of games to go and we've shown signs that we are getting our s**t together.
Surely we're better than Tottenham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back