Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not the argument. Messi is 36 going on 37 next season. Some peoole seen to think he is the same player he was 10 years ago and will be until he is 46.

Bizarre you think he is still the same player he was at Barcelona.

Absolutely no has has said that, except you.

You came in joking by saying you hope United do everyone a favour and signs Messi because of his age. I joked back that maybe we should do everyone a favour and sign Salah because he’s already declining. Then it turned to a debate of you saying that Messi lacks power, pace and strength, so he’d not do well in the PL. Some people have said that’s ridiculous and he’d do well in England because older, less talented players have done well in the PL. You have somehow taken that as those people saying Messi would be able to play until he is 46 years old and this isn’t 5-6 years ago. I think you have gotten lost in your own joke.

Thats not the argument. Messi is 36 going on 37 next season. Some peoole seen to think he is the same player he was 10 years ago and will be until he is 46.

Bizarre you think he is still the same player he was at Barcelona.
I never said he is the same player he was at Barca. I've even said his goals have slowed and he tends to drop deeper and orchestrate. He's still elite though.

And you keep trying to make him older than he is.

He turned 35 in July.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kim Min-jae is changing his name to Khvicha Kvaratskhelia?

Quite possibly the greatest name change since Homer changed his name to Max Power.

873071.jpg

A happy Ronaldo scores 15+ goals in the PL.

There's never been a player in the history of the game as obsessed with scoring and personal achievements as he is. He's not going to let his happiness at the club get in the way of that. It must be absolutely killing him seeing his goals to games ratio deteriorating so rapidly at the moment.

The reason why no one wants him is because even if he is still capable of scoring 15+ goals a season you'd have to build that team around him to make that possible and at his age and with his complete lack of defensive effort he's not good enough to justify it any more.

There's never been a player in the history of the game as obsessed with scoring and personal achievements as he is. He's not going to let his happiness at the club get in the way of that. It must be absolutely killing him seeing his goals to games ratio deteriorating so rapidly at the moment.

The reason why no one wants him is because even if he is still capable of scoring 15+ goals a season you'd have to build that team around him to make that possible and at his age and with his complete lack of defensive effort he's not good enough to justify it any more.

That is why a move to the MLS / A-League is perfect for him. At Utd he is just another player now in the squad and it is pretty clear his ego has difficulty accepting that.

Join a MLS / A League team and he willl be the star again. His team will feed him the ball constantly. He wont need to press as much. I guess we will hear once Portugal finish up at the WC what his next move will be. I doubt he is the sort of guy who would happily accept collecting his wages doing nothing at Utd until his contract expires.

That is why a move to the MLS / A-League is perfect for him. At Utd he is just another player now in the squad and it is pretty clear his ego has difficulty accepting that.

Join a MLS / A League team and he willl be the star again. His team will feed him the ball constantly. He wont need to press as much. I guess we will hear once Portugal finish up at the WC what his next move will be. I doubt he is the sort of guy who would happily accept collecting his wages doing nothing at Utd until his contract expires.

And how will the Australian club pay him the hundreds of thousands a week he will definitely want at his next club?

And how will the Australian club pay him the hundreds of thousands a week he will definitely want at his next club?

A League has a marquee fund. Any club that takes the plunge will get funding from the league to pay him.

That part has already been approved by A League.

A League has a marquee fund. Any club that takes the plunge will get funding from the league to pay him.

That part has already been approved by A League.

I had a look at the highest wage earner in the A-League and it’s Nani at £23,000 a week. Del Piero was a marquee signing and earning £2M a year. A-League clubs can designate a player to pay outside the salary cap and it’s between $300,000 to $600,000 annual.

If it’s as you say and the league will pay fund for Ronaldo’s potential signing outside the club, they should go for it. I don’t see it personally but it would be great if it happened.

I had a look at the highest wage earner in the A-League and it’s Nani at £23,000 a week. Del Piero was a marquee signing and earning £2M a year. A-League clubs can designate a player to pay outside the salary cap and it’s between $300,000 to $600,000 annual.

If it’s as you say and the league will pay fund for Ronaldo’s potential signing outside the club, they should go for it. I don’t see it personally but it would be great if it happened.

£2m a season is quite a lot 10 years ago.

Ronnie could expect at least triple that with A League covering half.

The one thing heavily in A Leagues favor is the league schedule. MLS isnt starting until March. Ronnie could easily play half a season here then return to Portugal to finish his career. Cant do that at an MLS club (season March- Nov).

Who’s the biggest marquee in the A-League? Charlie Austin? It’s one of the worst professional leagues around, there is no chance he would ever consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back