Australian basketball.

Josh Green career high 23 points on 6-7 shooting from 3 and 8-9 shooting overall. Becoming a serious outside threat - through 16 games this season he is shooting 53.1% from 3.

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Proud of Ben. 2 good games in a row. Seems like he's getting his confidence back. Needs to continue being a focal point and assert himself. Hopefully he doesn't go back into his shell again.

I hope Josh Green can be more consistent so he can continue getting good bench minutes. Needs to have a lot more games like these.

Great to see Ben is finally starting to play with some confidence again. Starting to look like the player he was 2 years ago.

Now I guess we hope Patty has been in his ear.

Great to see Ben playing with confidence in his body. He still getting hate for lack a of perimeter shots and poor free throws but he doesn’t need it it is hen he’s a defensive beast and playing so well in the paint. Just hope he continues this form now and the nets lineup can settle.

Great to see Ben playing with confidence in his body. He still getting hate for lack a of perimeter shots and poor free throws but he doesn’t need it it is hen he’s a defensive beast and playing so well in the paint. Just hope he continues this form now and the nets lineup can settle.
Yeah agreed. His explosion up the court starting transition off defensive rebounds/steals etc looks like it's back. which makes a huge difference.

Yeah agreed. His explosion up the court starting transition off defensive rebounds/steals etc looks like it's back. which makes a huge difference.
He’s had to deal with some major mental blocks over the last two years. Hopefully this is now the turning point for him and all the injuries and dramas are left behind. I hope he does suit up for the boomers, I’d pay big money to see him and the other Aussies in action one day.

matthew_s

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

He needs the free throws, otherwise he’s a liability late in close games.

He needs the free throws, otherwise he’s a liability late in close games.

I'm not arguing but looking for and adding the jump hooks and floaters to his game looks really promising. His pace looks up and he is getting above the rim with ease again.

Hopefully the trajectory continues and he has learned some humility.

I'm not arguing but looking for and adding the jump hooks and floaters to his game looks really promising. His pace looks up and he is getting above the rim with ease again.

Hopefully the trajectory continues and he has learned some humility.
Watching Steven Adams bounce off him when he went inside was positive too.

matthew_s

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Ben Simmons didn’t take a shot in the 4th quarter today. Also missed both FT’s on one of his trips to the line.

Dude has a long way to go and it’s gotta be even money he doesn’t get there at all

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Ben Simmons didn’t take a shot in the 4th quarter today. Also missed both FT’s on one of his trips to the line.

Dude has a long way to go and it’s gotta be even money he doesn’t get there at all
He also set up heaps of three chances that guys bricked, played great defence, cut to the lane and called for the ball but wasn’t rewarded etc. he looks a lot better then he did at the end of his Philly stint or earlier this year. He was let down by his teammates not playing defence and bricking a heap of wide open looks today.

matthew_s

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
He also set up heaps of three chances that guys bricked, played great defence, cut to the lane and called for the ball but wasn’t rewarded etc. he looks a lot better then he did at the end of his Philly stint or earlier this year. He was let down by his teammates not playing defence and bricking a heap of wide open looks today.

And that’s all great but he is a liability late in games. Needs to fix his FTs

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney

He took one shot in the 2nd half and the nets gave up 115 points to essentially a team full of role players. No one on the nets played great defence. No point making excuses for him. Good first half & non existent 2nd half. Typical Simmons game.

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
I see Ben is having a good game today. It's great to see him playing the way he was at Philly.
Getting game fit is definitely showing. Having curry and Harris back to increase the spread the floor options helps as well. With those two, Kyrie, durant and O’Neill they have plenty of options to surround him with,

Back