Rate the TV commentators and pundits

Remove this Banner Ad

Too many of these tossers just talk crap about the big clubs all the time to the point where some of the w***ers like Andy Townsend seem like they are literally cheerleading for one side when playing against them.

Peter Drury had joined NBC and will not be heard on the Premier League's world feed next season.

So the Drury/Berlin combination will be cease. Bring back Jon Champion or promote Joe Speight.

Peter Drury grates on me.

I've changed my tune on Drury a little and actually appreciate him for proper big games. It's the not important games and moments where he generally goes over the top with that I really dislike him.

Peter Drury had joined NBC and will not be heard on the Premier League's world feed next season.

So the Drury/Berlin combination will be cease. Bring back Jon Champion or promote Joe Speight.

The PL version of Dwayne Russell.

Regarding Martin Tyler, SBS should consider turning the crowd mics down a touch, turn Tyler up a bit and give him a lip mic which means Tyler won't be drowned out by the crowd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is not a lot of good commentators in the UK atm. The jobs go to ex footballers now. You should be thankful for Tyler. It could be worse and be Jenas or McManamamamamamamamamamamamamaman
Proudfoot and Townsend are fantastic IMO.

He has taken over from Drury getting all of the big games. Not a bad thing IMO.

Yeah rate him very highly, has a good sense of the occasion without going over the top like Drury.

I get no joy in saying this but Martin Tyler is sounding every bit his age.
he was cooked years ago, last world cup I ended up watching the final et al on Optus instead of SBS purely for Drury over Tyler.

he was cooked years ago, last world cup I ended up watching the final et al on Optus instead of SBS purely for Drury over Tyler.
Two polar opposites. Drury goes way too over the top with hyperbole and the love of his own voice whereas Tyler has no feel for the occasion anymore.

Nah still like Tyler. Don’t mind his understated nature, no need to holler..let the crowd make the noise. Seems to call the players accurately and his comments still interesting enough.

Don't think it's understated, I think he's catatonic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back