Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be pushed into 1st ruck once Freo realize that unlike Gawn.Darcy can't play anywhere else other than Ruck.Unless Freo are prepared to play Jackson on a high salary as 2nd fiddle.
Can see Darcy somewhere else in 24.

Darcy can play forward.

Maybe.
Both he and Gawn ave 0.5 goals at same age.
Big lump of a lad is Darcy compared too Gawn.

There's no maybe about it. He's not a prolific goal scorer but very capable forward of centre.

He had all of 8 fewer scoring shots than Gawn did in 2022.

I think I did okay all in all. A few months ago it was a late first and a 2nd rounder by freo fans. Now it's 2 firsts and a 2nd which is too far off the 3 first rounders I said at the very beginning. Not bad for an out of contract player. The first pick isn't great though. Freo won the deal.
When I suggested two first rounders and a second rounder you said freo fans were delusional unless one of the first rounders was top 5. My very first suggestion was two first rounders and what we got for Lobb. At the time I thought a second rounder was the best possibly outcome for Lobb due to his age. Plus the two picks we back from you will both move significantly due to points matching by the time we use them unlike the future second rounder.

If you check out the projected 2023 draft Gold Coast alone have three players who are very highly rated that will require bid matching and there are plenty of other highly rated players also looking likely to require bids in the first two rounds. Our second rounder we traded will be pushed back significantly in the live draft while the two picks 44 and 67 in this years draft will rise. The 44 pick is likely to be used at 40 or 41. While pick 67 should be much higher. Probably around 12 spots higher. So you also traded back picks that will be taken in the draft early in the third and fourth round.

Last edited:
When I suggested two first rounders and a second rounder you said freo fans were delusional unless one of the first rounders was top 5. My very first suggestion was two first rounders and what we got for Lobb. At the time I thought a second rounder was the best possibly outcome for Lobb due to his age. Plus the two picks we back from you will both move significantly due to points matching by the time we use them unlike the future second rounder.

If you check out the projected 2023 draft Gold Coast alone have three players who are very highly rated that will require bid matching and there are plenty of other highly rated players also looking likely to require bids in the first two rounds. Our second rounder we traded will be pushed back significantly in the live draft while the two picks 44 and 67 in this years draft will rise. The 44 pick is likely to be used at 40 or 41. While pick 67 should be much higher. Probably around 12 spots higher. So you also traded back picks that will be taken in the draft early in the third and fourth round.

Dan is delusional not you

Anything after 30 or 40 is irrelevant as the picks just become so highly speculative and the bust rate is about 70%. At the end of the day Freo won the trade. They got Jackson and Melbourne got no access in either draft to high end talent.

Anything after 30 or 40 is irrelevant as the picks just become so highly speculative and the bust rate is about 70%. At the end of the day Freo won the trade. They got Jackson and Melbourne got no access in either draft to high end talent.
The Freo recruiting team has a pretty terrific record with picks 30+ both historically and in recent times. We've stuffed up more than a few of our 1st rounders until recent times where we've picked well. In the last decade we've recruited the likes of Josh Simpson, Michael Apeness and Tommy Sheridan in the first round. If we can select one more late gem like we did with picks 35+ on our current list in Cox, Darcy, Ryan, Switta, Frederick, Shultz, Pearce, Tabs and Walker with any of the two picks we traded in then that'll be an added bonus in a trade I still think both teams will benefit from in the long run. Plus you almost certainly would not have recruited Brody Grundy if Jackson had stayed so in the short term you have improved the chances of another premiership being won with Jackson leaving.

The 2023 draft is expected to be a very good draft and there is a ton of players that look like being picked early that will require point bid matches. The Freo 1st and second rounder could yet be combined to get you a very early pick to a team like Gold Coast who have 3 Academy players expected to go early. (Gold Coast can pick Academy players in the first round still which is an absolute joke in my opinion) Good luck this season anyway. You certainly were interesting to debate with here. That beats boring even when I did disagree with you. Take care in the real world.

Last edited:
So Melbourne got knocked back after offering Ess, Kang and GCS 2 future first rounders for a top 5 pick. This just goes to show how much Melbourne were screwed over in the Jackson deal. In fact, it's proof. Essendon, Kangaroos and Gold Coast all said no. That proves that 2 late first rounders does not equal a first rounder. Yet, freo fans said that Jackson was only worth 2 but apparently no names like James Tsatas are worth more than 2 first rounders. LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Melbourne got knocked back after offering Ess, Kang and GCS 2 future first rounders for a top 5 pick. This just goes to show how much Melbourne were screwed over in the Jackson deal. In fact, it's proof. Essendon, Kangaroos and Gold Coast all said no. That proves that 2 late first rounders does not equal a first rounder. Yet, freo fans said that Jackson was only worth 2 but apparently no names like James Tsatas are worth more than 2 first rounders. LOL

Oh well

That really sux regarding Jackson

Or they have players they want in the top 5 that they like more than those 2 first rounders to which they don't know where they will fall.

Stop posting s**t.

Or they have players they want in the top 5 that they like more than those 2 first rounders to which they don't know where they will fall.

Stop posting s**t.
huh? yeah, they will most likely be 2 late first rounders..whats your point.? It just shows that a top 5 pick (which is what Jackson was) does not equal 2 late first rounders. Essentially Tsatas (a no-name is worth 3 first rounders right now).

huh? yeah, they will most likely be 2 late first rounders..whats your point.? It just shows that a top 5 pick (which is what Jackson was) does not equal 2 late first rounders. Essentially Tsatas (a no-name is worth 3 first rounders right now).
Not trading doesn't mean that in the slightest.

Do you have to pay jimmy Tsatas 800k+ , no one ever factors in the cash

It’s why “ big “ trades are more miss than hit

Last edited:

If Saxa Salt can figure out how to harvest off the BigFooty servers they will have a bullet proof supply chain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back