Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean the guy who finished his contract, went to the draft and was drafted at the pick we offered Port for a trade?

We didn't convince him to break his contract and stop trying after about 4 games of his first season.

It'd serve you pricks right if their careers panned out similarly tho.
North Melbourne offered a 2nd rounder to Port Adelaide power that trade period didn't you.

Yeah he was out of contract. 2nd rounder was either fair or unders but better than nothing.

Port Adelaide were unhappy as they used a 1st rounder to get him.

So I see a balanced view on both sides.

It's a shame that situation was made into a bay 13 thread!

Agreed, I can't believe the AFL didn't tell him how the draft worked when he said he wanted to be pick #1.
Nothing wrong what North did. Nothing illegal anyway.

Any struggling side would do the same thing. Struggling side has pick 1. Use it to get best available player to help improve the struggling side.

North isn't going to use pick 1 on an injury prone player or a dud like Jack Watts lol

It's common sense. North did their homework and North Melbourne were unlucky that JHF didn't work out.

Fisher McAsey draft pick 6.

If he leaves the Crows at end of year 1 you get a top 10 pick for him. Probably pick 7-10.

He "toughs it out" and stays.

Now worth around pick 50.

JHF has actually done North a solid by leaving early and getting them good compensation.

North fans should be happy with the result.

Don't understand the whinging.

Stupid decision by North in the first place rejecting the Crows offer and they have somehow managed to dodge a bullet despite their own error.
Fisher McAsey and pick 6?

North potentially could of got Josh Rachele and 2 other 1st rounders for the pick 1 that JHF was taken

Interesting take. A lot of Port fans have got some serious issues it seems.
Well some port fans have a point .

Eddie Maguire loves to talk about fairness and equality LoL.

Cats won flags from 2007-2011 as their core players were father son picks.

People love bagging out the dockers. So name all these dockers father son picks from 1995-2022?

Imagine Riewoldt leaving us after 01

I really can’t fathom how mentally weak this generation is. I’m 28 btw 😂
You and I are still young and hope for our respective sides get lucky like the dogs of 2016 and get that elusive flag at least once in our life times.

I am 35 years old.

Crazy to think Tony Locketts nephew is in this year's draft

leaving a poorly run amateur club because they not only didn't develop you but couldn't diagnose your injuries isn't soft, it's astute
If we couldn’t develop him then why did his performances drop as soon as your gutless team went into his ear? And if you must know the ice bath story was a cover up for him refusing to go to a team meeting just because he didn’t play in the middle one game, instead he went and sat in the team bus.

If we couldn’t develop him then why did his performances drop as soon as your gutless team went into his ear? And if you must know the ice bath story was a cover up for him refusing to go to a team meeting just because he didn’t play in the middle one game, instead he went and sat in the team bus.

mate there's no need to pretend you aren't a s**t show. you are going for your third wooden spoon in a row!

The narratives that you people just outright make up and then repeat as gospel are incredible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

leaving a poorly run amateur club because they not only didn't develop you but couldn't diagnose your injuries isn't soft, it's astute

Let’s wait for the next 3 season’s, then we will be in a better position to judge.

Maybe :-

North were a poorly run amateur club.

JHF, is a me me player.

JHF was “mentally” of the mind that he was out at the end of the season.

North didn’t nurture him, gave him bigger roles than he was ready for.

Will just expect it to “occur” at Port, put in “hard yards”.

North took a gamble, and it didn’t work out.

Who knows ?, time will tell.

North Melbourne offered a 2nd rounder to Port Adelaide power that trade period didn't you.

Yeah he was out of contract. 2nd rounder was either fair or unders but better than nothing.

Port Adelaide were unhappy as they used a 1st rounder to get him.

So I see a balanced view on both sides.

It's a shame that situation was made into a bay 13 thread!
We offered a draftpick for him. Port said no, he went to the draft and we drafted him with the pick we offered to trade to Port. They obviously didn't value him at the pick we offered or higher.

17 games against 14 of the 15 opponents that are not based in SA.
0 games against the 2 opponents that are based in SA.

Looks like North were so confident in their decision.

Rumour has it he shares a bed with his parents
Oh come on. Yeah JHF has left North Melbourne. But don't put personal pot shots here.

Your team has picks 2 and 3. You hope you get 2 gun Victorian kids to lead the kangaroos up the ladder again.

JHF had a great first year of football, despite also displaying extreme immaturity at times. He was the third highest ranked 18 year old and half his games he didn’t try fully for the whole game. An engaged JHF would be even better.

He’ll be at worst a very good player, and at best the best player in the comp.

He was also always going to port, hence his relief on draft night when north picked him. It would be easier to “go home” than leave the crows for port. The horrible first year at north, coupled with the hawthorn allegations gave him a reasonable chance to break his contract.

In the end we should have taken the Adelaide deal, but we ended up in an ok position given the circumstances.

JHF seems to attract a lot of attention for such a young guy. Some of it he could reduce if he started making some different choices. I’m not sure extreme attention will be a good thing for him.

Jack Watts went alright.

The extreme bitter reaction of North fans over JHF is no surprise. That said the bullying of a kid is unacceptable.

Their behaviour over the Nick Blakey saga was similarly chilling. Some wished career ending injuries when Blakey announced his decision. Truth was Brisbane was his second choice. There was no way he would go to North. By contrast with toxic North fans, Brisbane fans while disappointed, shrugged and moved on.

Few of the talented kids they have drafted improve. You have to feel for the kids they draft next week. Truth is none want to go there.

The extreme bitter reaction of North fans over JHF is no surprise. That said the bullying of a kid is unacceptable.

Their behaviour over the Nick Blakey saga was similarly chilling. Some wished career ending injuries when Blakey announced his decision. Truth was Brisbane was his second choice. There was no way he would go to North. By contrast with toxic North fans, Brisbane fans while disappointed, shrugged and moved on.

Few of the talented kids they have drafted improve. You have to feel for the kids they draft next week. Truth is none want to go there.
You think Port is a destination club? 🤣
North will be back shortly. Clarko says g'day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back