Dallas Mavericks thread: Luka MVP

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe it's time we have a serious chips all in for Durant.

Price has probably dropped he is 34, I'm not sure we can get it done with what we have.

Nets
Durant

Mavs
Hardaway
Green
Powell/Kleber/Finney Smith
2025 1st
2027 1st

I watch games like today and see Tatum and Brown then watch Luka go at it alone.

Seriously I beg you Cuban don't let us go into the last year of a contract and just expect to sign a all star.

I really think Derozen is gettable atm with the drama at Chicago.

Reggie Bullock please go away.

Reggie’s awesome…he just never hits shots before January 😆

Reggie’s awesome…he just never hits shots before January 😆

It's amazing you just know he isn't hitting the open shot, I shake my head at how many assist Luka should really get a game.

It's amazing you just know he isn't hitting the open shot, I shake my head at how many assist Luka should really get a game.

Spot on

I’m certain Reggie, Dodo and Maxi will come good from deep though and when they do, our offence will look better and we’ll be able to put teams away so Luka can rest a little late in games

we’re just currently missing Brunson’s role as a second iso scorer to steady the ship when Luka tires…I’m still confident we’ll sort it out and I don’t want the front office to make any panicky, all-in moves

It’s true that we’ve not done well with list building since Luka arrived in 2018 but that’s not on Nico and Kidd…they took us to the WCF in their first year and I’m interested to see how this season unfolds

I think the team will be fine but I do have questions on the front office.

Some big mistakes in McGee's contract/signing and the way we lost JB for nothing. Something else I'm also forgetting.

I can't see Luka being at Dallas unless we find a second star, I could see him and Jokic at Miami/LA in 5 years if both teams aren't contenders.

Cuban needs to lift.

Some big mistakes in McGee's contract/signing and the way we lost JB for nothing. Something else I'm also forgetting.

Brunson was Donnie Nelson’s error…he offered him a non-standard contract to save…yep, you guessed it, for cap space that we didn’t end up using (sound familiar?!?)

That meant JB was an unrestricted rather than restricted free agent…and I don’t believe the PR that he might have accepted an earlier, lower offer from Dallas

Agree that McGee’s a mistake but he’s cheap and may yet play a small role in the playoffs…I mean, for $6m, you shouldn’t expect a starting centre

My point is that Nico/Kidd still deserve the benefit of the doubt…it’s Cuban’s judgement I’m concerned about…he’s the common thread through all the terrible list management decisions 😳

Brunson was Donnie Nelson’s error…he offered him a non-standard contract to save…yep, you guessed it, for cap space that we didn’t end up using (sound familiar?!?)

That meant JB was an unrestricted rather than restricted free agent…and I don’t believe the PR that he might have accepted an earlier, lower offer from Dallas

Agree that McGee’s a mistake but he’s cheap and may yet play a small role in the playoffs…I mean, for $6m, you shouldn’t expect a starting centre

My point is that Nico/Kidd still deserve the benefit of the doubt…it’s Cuban’s judgement I’m concerned about…he’s the common thread through all the terrible list management decisions 😳
Nico could have traded him before the deadline.

Kidd's rotations are horrible. Team has already learned all it can from him IMO.

Drafting Green over Bane (who wanted to play in Dallas) a pretty big blunder also. Despite Green improving lately.

Imagine Bane and Luka together right now.

Ah yes I remember what I was forgetting.... The signing of Facu. Completely stupid to sign someone that inept at shooting and waived a week or two later. Just a really poor decision.

******* up the offer to Dragic as well was another mistake. He would have played with us if we gave him a decent role (basically his role in Chicago now). Front office ineptitude all round really, just a complete misunderstanding of the roster and it's capabilities and weaknesses. Nico and Cuban just addressed the wrong areas of the roster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe but he is also under contract until 2027 so they got a lot of time to work with
I would say they have 2 season tops to prove they can contend year after year or he will demand a trade.

Cuban failed to build a contender in Nowitzki's last 8 seasons and so far hasn't in Doncic's first 5 which has resulted in Doncic carrying that Mavs team.

Will be interesting to see what happens now.

I would say they have 2 season tops to prove they can contend year after year or he will demand a trade.

Cuban failed to build a contender in Nowitzki's last 8 seasons and so far hasn't in Doncic's first 5 which has resulted in Doncic carrying that Mavs team.

Will be interesting to see what happens now.
I doubt it, keep in mind the reason Durant was traded is because no one could actually make a package good enough for a player that good without complete gutting the team. Luka would cost significantly more.

Cuban probably wont extend Wood.

Why? No idea.

If this is the case, has to trade him soon.

If he lets the teams 2nd best player walk for the 2nd year in a row, sell the team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep absolute disaster if that happens, just sign him Dallas and figure it out later.

Mitchell would have been the perfect trade unlikely we had the assets but that 1/2 punch with Luka would have set us up for 5 years.

I can't see what we do this year.

Lavine looks great, I just can't see him as a true contenders number 2.

Beal would be nice 29 does he have the hunger to try and win a Chip? Everything atm points to No.

DeRozan 3 years ago I would have been all in, I don't think Dallas can pair anyone over 30 with Luka.

Bogdanovic is a must get in this team for the right price, 33 can't defend very well, would be purely a number 3/4 who is a pure Shooter if we think he is the 2nd star where kidding ourselves, ohhh remember when we traded Seth Curry.

Trae Young not sure how it would work and how much it would cost, how could you not if he wanted to play for Dallas.

Seriously Reggie Bullock playing 30 minutes a game is everything wrong with this team.

Yep absolute disaster if that happens, just sign him Dallas and figure it out later.

Mitchell would have been the perfect trade unlikely we had the assets but that 1/2 punch with Luka would have set us up for 5 years.

I can't see what we do this year.

Lavine looks great, I just can't see him as a true contenders number 2.

Beal would be nice 29 does he have the hunger to try and win a Chip? Everything atm points to No.

DeRozan 3 years ago I would have been all in, I don't think Dallas can pair anyone over 30 with Luka.

Bogdanovic is a must get in this team for the right price, 33 can't defend very well, would be purely a number 3/4 who is a pure Shooter if we think he is the 2nd star where kidding ourselves, ohhh remember when we traded Seth Curry.

Trae Young not sure how it would work and how much it would cost, how could you not if he wanted to play for Dallas.

Seriously Reggie Bullock playing 30 minutes a game is everything wrong with this team.

The two guys I would be looking at, for the offseason, would be Russell and Simmons. Russell is a FA and who knows what happens in Brooklyn if they don't progress far in the playoffs - may just want Simmons gone.

Tom Hanks Castaway GIF by Death Wish Coffee

Luka after the game tonight

Kyrie (and Morris) traded to the Mavs.

Not sure I like this for Doncic. Hopefully Irving doesn't get in his way or disrupt the great man.

He won't sign with Dallas this has Rondo written all over it.

I hate this move personally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back