Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toney would have definitely been an option. Tammy Abraham is another who has been linked.

Oh and there's Kane too which could be possible at the end of the season if we make the Champions League and Spurs miss.
I would hope we are past Kane, getting a bit older now would rather find the next Kane then Kane

Unless he's cheap

Number one target Bellingham, back up RB, GK and a striker are all needed as well

I would hope we are past Kane, getting a bit older now would rather find the next Kane then Kane

Unless he's cheap

Number one target Bellingham, back up RB, GK and a striker are all needed as well
12 goals thus far this season, he may be getting old but he isn't exactly slowing down. Not yet anyway. He's not even 30 yet - every chance he has a fair few years left in him.

12 goals thus far this season, he may be getting old but he isn't exactly slowing down. Not yet anyway. He's not even 30 yet - every chance he has a fair few years left in him.
I just worry about the niggling injuries and spending 100 mil on him or Bellingham Im going Bellingham

A lot depends on the new owner and how deep their pockets are. Realistically we could do with 4-5 new players.

Time will tell but I suspect they'll be very deep pockets early on, it's the best way to endear yourself to a very, very large supporter base.

Absolutely go Jude over him. Wouldn't pay anywhere near that price.

Not sure it's a one or the other proposition though.
Maybe our new corporate overlords will give us two big players

A lot depends on the new owner and how deep their pockets are. Realistically we could do with 4-5 new players.
I mean

Kane 100
Bellingham 100
Frimpong 20 to 30 mil
New GK 30 to 40 mil
New CB 50 mil

Out
Maguire
Henderson
AWB
Beek

Apparently both Apple and Amazon want us to make a TV show about us

Not sure how I feel about that

Feel happy. I'd take both in a heartbeat, as self sufficient as we are we'd then be backed by one of the richest corporations in the world.

Feel happy. I'd take both in a heartbeat, as self sufficient as we are we'd then be backed by one of the richest corporations in the world.
Apple wouldn't be bad

I Trafford
I Carrington

As long as we get new facilities stadium and players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's Apple worth? 3 trillion?
But today Amazon is still worth $1.2 trillion, while Apple's market cap has roughly doubled to $2.4 trillion.2 Oct 2022

Not sold on Gapko personally. I guess he might be gettable in January for a reasonable fee, but don't see him as the answer long term.
I’m sure we had our doubts about Martinez, malacia etc but look how they’re blooming even Antony as well.

ETH knows who he wants, and gakpo is the only one who is equalling Haaland for goal contributions.

I think the striker now will be Gakpo come January.

Sesko is available for the right price.
Nkunku all but done to Chelsea but not confirmed.
Vlahovic was seen as gettable as Juventus was s**t for a bit.

Wouldn't discount a six month stop gap though.

As mentioned we'll be fine with any owners who don't use the club as a piggy bank.
I don’t think we’ll get gapko in jan or it’ll be more than we pay for in the July window.

God I miss cavani.

I was just naming players we've been linked to who will likely be on our list again.

There's a good chance our main targets haven't (or have barely) been mentioned yet.

Yeah, I just didn't include Gakpo in my list because he's not a true striker, though I guess neither is Nkunku.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't well and truly in the mix, but a good WC in particular (he's off to a great start) will no doubt have others interested as well.

I wonder if we'll go back for Timber now that the threat of not being included in the Dutch WC squad has passed.
The way ETH wants to play with pace and height up front he’s perfect.

Gakpo is 6”2 as well don’t forget and a decent playmaker as well could even play as a false 9 centre forward.

I don’t think timber is an option now that we’ve got Martinez no way you can survive in the epl playing to CBs under 6 foot.

Then you are forced to play mcsauce because only thing he offers these days is his height.

Toney would have definitely been an option. Tammy Abraham is another who has been linked.

Oh and there's Kane too which could be possible at the end of the season if we make the Champions League and Spurs miss.
I rate Tammy but not sure of the strength of the rumours haven’t heard anything about him being linked.

I wouldn’t bother with Kane now. Pretty much past his prime and in his 30s.

Unless he's cheap

I think a striker should be our top priority. Our midfield is decent probably the best part of the pitch with the addition of Eriksen and casemiro.

We create chances it’s the fact we can’t finish them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back