Welcome to East Germany JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

The extreme bitter reaction of North fans over JHF is no surprise. That said the bullying of a kid is unacceptable.

Their behaviour over the Nick Blakey saga was similarly chilling. Some wished career ending injuries when Blakey announced his decision. Truth was Brisbane was his second choice. There was no way he would go to North. By contrast with toxic North fans, Brisbane fans while disappointed, shrugged and moved on.

Few of the talented kids they have drafted improve. You have to feel for the kids they draft next week. Truth is none want to go there.

I remember the halcyon days when Plugger caved in one of your player's face in as a St Kilda player and I think your president at the time wanted Plugger deregistered for being an animal, this was the same year he signed over to the Swans from memory. When reminded of this after he became a Swans player all he could do was hide a sheepish smile. People say dumb things, especially anonymously on forums.

Yes, a lot of North supporters act like bitter stooges, if Blakey didn't want to have a legacy at North then that is fine. He is entitled to play wherever he wants to play, as is JHF and anyone else.

That being said, you probably need to let go of your baggage, it is not like Swans supporters don't also say stupid things. If everyone gets hung up on the things opposition supporters say it is just going to turn any conversation into a toxic mess.

I honestly think JHF wanted it to work, it was just a perfect storm of being here when we were at our worst on and off the field. If I had kids, I wouldn't have wanted them to be drafted by North, that is how bad we were going, not even a die hard supporter would want their kid's talent to be flushed down the toilet at the club they supported all their life. I am more optimistic now, but that is subject to the Hawthorn investigation.

I don't care if JHF does well or if he doesn't (pretty much like any other opposition player) and I have no intention of stalking his career, he just wasn't around long enough for me to care much either way. tbh I was more upset when we lost Pickett to PA, largely because he played with a lot of heart and played a significant role in our 99 premiership. I still feel that loss more than 20 years later. JHF played one year, came into a wooden spoon team and it ended up last again, he obviously didn't make much of a difference, we were worse this year than last year, defensively we were less accountable and he refused to run both ways so I am not sure if it is much of a loss in the long run. He might have changed for the better given time, but he might not have.

We just can't afford to have people around who do not want to be around, they are cancerous at a football club but clubs who have issues like this are often partly to blame, it has been a cascade of failure all through the tail end of Scott's era up until this year. We have made more changes this year, lets hope we start to rebuild what it means to be a football player at this club and the standards we uphold. Clarkson was right about one thing, you need the right people in the right roles from the top down otherwise it wont matter who you draft or who you trade for.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Nah the issue is you campaigners convinced a first year, round 1 draft pick to stop giving his all less than a quarter of the way thru the season.
I said my view on the JHF trade thread. I was on ports side on this.

Crazy to think about offering a couple of 1st rounders for JHF.

Saying that, north Melbourne demanded decent compo and rightfully so.

I thought a 1st and 2nd would get the deal done. Again, north had the cards.

North did the right thing trading him this trade period. They would of got less with JHF out of contract in 2023.

Saying that, the JHF trade is done. North Melbourne has picks 2 and 3.

ferball , if North Melbourne nail those 2 picks and North Melbourne wins another flag by 2027-29, the last thing your going to think about is Jason Horne Francis or even the JHF trade itself

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
I remember the halcyon days when Plugger caved in one of your player's face in as a St Kilda player and I think your president at the time wanted Plugger deregistered for being an animal, this was the same year he signed over to the Swans from memory. When reminded of this after he became a Swans player all he could do was hide a sheepish smile. People say dumb things, especially anonymously on forums.

Yes, a lot of North supporters act like bitter stooges, if Blakey didn't want to have a legacy at North then that is fine. He is entitled to play wherever he wants to play, as is JHF and anyone else.

That being said, you probably need to let go of your baggage, it is not like Swans supporters don't also say stupid things. If everyone gets hung up on the things opposition supporters say it is just going to turn any conversation into a toxic mess.

I honestly think JHF wanted it to work, it was just a perfect storm of being here when we were at our worst on and off the field. If I had kids, I wouldn't have wanted them to be drafted by North, that is how bad we were going, not even a die hard supporter would want their kid's talent to be flushed down the toilet at the club they supported all their life. I am more optimistic now, but that is subject to the Hawthorn investigation.

I don't care if JHF does well or if he doesn't (pretty much like any other opposition player) and I have no intention of stalking his career, he just wasn't around long enough for me to care much either way. tbh I was more upset when we lost Pickett to PA, largely because he played with a lot of heart and played a significant role in our 99 premiership. I still feel that loss more than 20 years later. JHF played one year, came into a wooden spoon team and it ended up last again, he obviously didn't make much of a difference, we were worse this year than last year, defensively we were less accountable and he refused to run both ways so I am not sure if it is much of a loss in the long run. He might have changed for the better given time, but he might not have.

We just can't afford to have people around who do not want to be around, they are cancerous at a football club but clubs who have issues like this are often partly to blame, it has been a cascade of failure all through the tail end of Scott's era up until this year. We have made more changes this year, lets hope we start to rebuild what it means to be a football player at this club and the standards we uphold. Clarkson was right about one thing, you need the right people in the right roles from the top down otherwise it wont matter who you draft or who you trade for.
Solid post mate. 👍

As I said to ferball , nail your pick 2 and pick 3 on gun Victorian kids.

If North Melbourne wins a flag by 2027 or 2028 or 2029 or even by 2030, last thing you are gonna think of when you win another flag in 5 or 10 years down the road is JHF

Great post

I said my view on the JHF trade thread. I was on ports side on this.

Crazy to think about offering a couple of 1st rounders for JHF.

Saying that, north Melbourne demanded decent compo and rightfully so.

I thought a 1st and 2nd would get the deal done. Again, north had the cards.

North did the right thing trading him this trade period. They would of got less with JHF out of contract in 2023.

Saying that, the JHF trade is done. North Melbourne has picks 2 and 3.

ferball , if North Melbourne nail those 2 picks and North Melbourne wins another flag by 2027-29, the last thing your going to think about is Jason Horne Francis or even the JHF trade itself
I'm well over it. If there weren't some clowns in this thread begging to be s**t stirred I wouldn't be bothering.

But i do hate disloyalty and lack of integrity as a thing. I don't have much time for people like that.

But 2026-27? What are you on about? We're winning the flag next year!!!

Macca_1870

All Australian
May 1, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I'm well over it. If there weren't some clowns in this thread begging to be s**t stirred I wouldn't be bothering.

But i do hate disloyalty and lack of integrity as a thing. I don't have much time for people like that.

But 2026-27? What are you on about? We're winning the flag next year!!!
Serious question - if this supposed disloyalty and lack of integrity were to benefit North Melbourne down the track (ie. player requests a trade to North in similar circumstances to JHF), would you share the same disdain?

Serious question - if this supposed disloyalty and lack of integrity were to benefit North Melbourne down the track (ie. player requests a trade to North in similar circumstances to JHF), would you share the same disdain?
Yeah probably.

If he made up his mind to break his first ever contract within weeks and seemed to not give a s**t about the jumper he was wearing before he came to us then I'd be a bit sus on him. If you look at the players who are revered at our club its loyalty, integrity and 100% commitment to giving everything for the jumper that wins them that respect. So i guess he (JHF) just wasn't a good fit.

(Its not like this came out of the blue. There were rumours about this from day one. We just didn't want to listen. Robbo questioned his loyalty in his first interview with JHF back at the start of the season. That wouldn't have just popped into Robbo's head. There were North posters from SA with heaps of SANFL connections predicting this turn of events six months before it happened and we didn't want to hear them on our board, tho they have been shown to be right.)

So that hypothetical other player - the same would apply from my pov.

Fat Jesus

Premium Platinum
Oct 22, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yeah probably.

If he made up his mind to break his first ever contract within weeks and seemed to not give a s**t about the jumper he was wearing before he came to us then I'd be a bit sus on him. If you look at the players who are revered at our club its loyalty, integrity and 100% commitment to giving everything for the jumper that wins them that respect. So i guess he (JHF) just wasn't a good fit.

(Its not like this came out of the blue. There were rumours about this from day one. We just didn't want to listen. Robbo questioned his loyalty in his first interview with JHF back at the start of the season. That wouldn't have just popped into Robbo's head. There were North posters from SA with heaps of SANFL connections predicting this turn of events six months before it happened and we didn't want to hear them on our board, tho they have been shown to be right.)

It was obvious he was going to leave to me as well.
What's perplexing is he told North he would like to go #1 in the draft.

Likely thought it easier to leave North than a bigger club.

It's the AFL's fault for allowing this to happen in a draft system.
Should be minimum 3 years at the club that drafts you.

Macca_1870

All Australian
May 1, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Yeah probably.

Fair.

Play on.

Saltiga

Cancelled
Apr 27, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The extreme bitter reaction of North fans over JHF is no surprise. That said the bullying of a kid is unacceptable.

Their behaviour over the Nick Blakey saga was similarly chilling. Some wished career ending injuries when Blakey announced his decision. Truth was Brisbane was his second choice. There was no way he would go to North. By contrast with toxic North fans, Brisbane fans while disappointed, shrugged and moved on.

Few of the talented kids they have drafted improve. You have to feel for the kids they draft next week. Truth is none want to go there.

The north board as been described as a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Hard to disagree with that if one reads their content.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fat Jesus

Premium Platinum
Oct 22, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
The north board as been described as a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Hard to disagree with that if one reads their content.
Give it a break complete moron.
IQ of room temperature

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
It was obvious he was going to leave to me as well.
What's perplexing is he told North he would like to go #1 in the draft.

Likely thought it easier to leave North than a bigger club.

It's the AFL's fault for allowing this to happen in a draft system.
Should be minimum 3 years at the club that drafts you.

North Melbourne FC don't deserve to escape criticism from the clearly amateur and dysfunctional playing environment that resulted on JH-F being very unhappy and disillusioned, I think he would have asked to be traded even if contracted for 2 more years.

The Petty and spiteful comments on social media by the likes of Cam Zurhaar would suggest he didn't have the most welcoming and supportive teammates either.

North fans can pay out on Horne-Francis all they want, in my opinion, their blame and anger should be directed at David Noble, his assistants and arguably several NMFC players who clearly didn't give JH-F the support and guidance a young man in his first season at AFL level needed.

Fat Jesus

Premium Platinum
Oct 22, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
North Melbourne FC don't deserve to escape criticism from the clearly amateur and dysfunctional playing environment that resulted on JH-F being very unhappy and disillusioned, I think he would have asked to be traded even if contracted for 2 more years.

The Petty and spiteful comments on social media by the likes of Cam Zurhaar would suggest he didn't have the most welcoming and supportive teammates either.

North fans can pay out on Horne-Francis all they want, in my opinion, their blame and anger should be directed at David Noble, his assistants and arguably several NMFC players who clearly didn't give JH-F the support and guidance a young man in his first season at AFL level needed.
In your delusional opinion

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
In your delusional opinion

Are you really a Pies supporter and not a North fan ?

Seems like you are unusually fired up about a player that doesn't even play or ever played for The Pies ?

Anyhow at this stage, it looks like a classic win-win stage for both clubs, North Melbourne could well come out ahead if Port don't make the 8 next year (which is imo probably a 45-55 chance at this stage)

At any rate, the premise of the haterade and abuse that JH-F has been copping is both pathetic and unjustified and some North fans really need to pull their heads in and let go of the bitterness. It's not healthy for their own state of mind, I don't think JH-F reads this forum (least I hope not)

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

You have been much more eloquent here than I was in a much earlier post and I totally agree.

It’s amazing that all the blame is being placed on an 18/19 year old and nothing directed towards the leaders at the club. Just because he went at number 1 in the draft doesn’t mean he isn’t still a teenager who requires support. That’s where the senior leadership from the coaches, players and club as a whole need to step up and provide that positive environment for players like JHF.

It seemed evident just watching that he didn’t get that support early on due to a whole range of reasons. Even if his behaviour wasn’t top notch and up to scratch that’s not when you get on his back and have a go at him, that’s when you wrap your arms around the young lad and teach and lead by example even if you are frustrated with him.

If he was drafted this year under Clarko and a heap of other strong influences and coaches around him it could have been a completely different story who knows. However this year, from the outside it seemed clear that that leadership was certainly lacking.

Fat Jesus

Premium Platinum
Oct 22, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
Are you really a Pies supporter and not a North fan ?

Seems like you are unusually fired up about a player that doesn't even play or ever played for The Pies ?

Anyhow at this stage, it looks like a classic win-win stage for both clubs, North Melbourne could well come out ahead if Port don't make the 8 next year (which is imo probably a 45-55 chance at this stage)

At any rate, the premise of the haterade and abuse that JH-F has been copping is both pathetic and unjustified and some North fans really need to pull their heads in and let go of the bitterness. It's not healthy for their own state of mind, I don't think JH-F reads this forum (least I hope not)
I can say whatever I feel is right. It's a forum remember?

JHF is a complete imbecile and I don't hold any angst towards Port.

Just an opinion.

And Go Pies!!!

Yeah probably.

So that hypothetical other player - the same would apply from my perspective
You should've seen the shitful efforts Ben Jacobs put in for us in 2012 then.

Fat Jesus

Premium Platinum
Oct 22, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
You should've seen the shitful efforts Ben Jacobs put in for us in 2012 then.
I don't think North supporters hate Port because of JHF's actions.

Imagine Port getting #1 and him leaving.

We had Ollie Henry for two years and he left because he was homesick.
Lives an hours drive away.
Complete Muppet, tool. Mummies boy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back