Remove this Banner Ad

Jetafl

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Astros Detroit Red Wings KC Chiefs
My Cesc Fabregas jersey from his days at the Gunners is still my favourite football jersey.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Giroud and Santi chatting at France training in Qatar

Attachments

• 19CB874D-AE05-4520-8FB6-B6E338930932.jpeg
    19CB874D-AE05-4520-8FB6-B6E338930932.jpeg
    346.4 KB · Views: 14

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
He’s still one of my favourite players. I do find it funny that it feels like Jesus gets away with failing to score but Giroud is maligned. I know Jesus is still playing well but I always felt Giroud did too and was crucified.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
He’s still one of my favourite players. I do find it funny that it feels like Jesus gets away with failing to score but Giroud is maligned. I know Jesus is still playing well but I always felt Giroud did too and was crucified.

Jesus build up play is on another level compared to Giroud's.

His off ball work is also on another level.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees

The irony is how much Arsenal would have benefitted from having him in the first 2 seasons of Arteta’s tenure. It’s hindsight now of course, we were probably better off not going for Lacazette when we did.

Yes perhaps he was measured harshly, that night against Bayern probably damaged his reputation amongst some fans.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The irony is how much Arsenal would have benefitted from having him in the first 2 seasons of Arteta’s tenure. It’s hindsight now of course, we were probably better off not going for Lacazette when we did.

Yes perhaps he was measured harshly, that night against Bayern probably damaged his reputation amongst some fans.

Monaco*

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Apologies. Yes Monaco. That was the one tie we were looking forward to, having finally avoided Barcelona or Bayern that season. And then. 3-1 at The Emirates :D

Then in typical Arsenal fashion we go and win the away leg 0-2 to get tossed on the away goals rule.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Giroud annoys me to this day still because of his semi regular goal droughts, the main one being that probably cost arsenal the title the year Leicester won it

He was a good player though, probably a little underrated and not his fault Wenger backed him in to be arsenal’s no. 1 striker when he shouldn’t have been.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Giroud annoys me to this day still because of his semi regular goal droughts, the main one being that probably cost arsenal the title the year Leicester won it

He was a good player though, probably a little underrated and not his fault Wenger backed him in to be arsenal’s no. 1 striker when he shouldn’t have been.

Giroud has gone from being underrated to overrated now, people always seem to talk him up as underrated, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

Yes I think that's the key. An excellent option to have off the bench or a 2nd choice striker. Wenger really did fail to address that need post RvP, instead dabbling with the likes of like Sanogo, Chamakh, Welbeck etc. There was a time he even had Gervinho as the CF. Was quite a disjointed time at the club that then culminated in breaking the transfer record twice within 6 months in purchasing Lacazette and Aubameyang.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Jesus build up play is on another level compared to Giroud's.

His off ball work is also on another level.
They are obviously quite different players. Giroud wouldn’t be dropping and be as fluid as Jesus but his hold up play is immense. You don’t get to beat Titi’s record without being quality.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Celeste Epiphany Waite (born 5 May 1994)[6] is an American-British singer and songwriter.

Her debut album Not Your Muse was released in 2021 and debuted at No. 1 on the UK Albums Chart. It earned her nominations for Album of the Year, Best Female Solo Artist and Best New Artist at the 2021 Brit Awards, as well as the 2021 Mercury Prize. In the same year, Celeste was also nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Song for co-writing "Hear My Voice" from the film The Trial of the Chicago 7 (2020).

She is a keen football fan and an avid supporter of Arsenal F.C.[

Arsenal F.C.
1st in Premier League

Last edited:

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
Celeste Epiphany Waite (born 5 May 1994)[6] is an American-British singer and songwriter.

Her debut album Not Your Muse was released in 2021 and debuted at No. 1 on the UK Albums Chart. It earned her nominations for Album of the Year, Best Female Solo Artist and Best New Artist at the 2021 Brit Awards, as well as the 2021 Mercury Prize. In the same year, Celeste was also nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Song for co-writing "Hear My Voice" from the film The Trial of the Chicago 7 (2020).

She is a keen football fan and an avid supporter of Arsenal F.C.[

Arsenal F.C.
1st in Premier League

Stop This Flame is another great track of hers.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bit of ex-Arsenal last night.

Bielik giving away a pen which Szczesny saved

I’ve barely watched a minute of this World Cup, very unenthusiastic about it all given the circumstances.

However I was sent a clip of this on whatsapp. That was quality from Wojiech. The man loves a double penalty save.

I believe it’s been 10 years already since that double save at Anfield. * how quickly time passes, that was brilliant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back