Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when did that happen??
Wikipedia says 1997 to 2010. They were officially the Fremantle Football Club in that time thanks to Levi Strauss owning the term Dockers in regards to clothing. They sorted it out in 2010. You won't see "Fremantle Dockers" on anything official from that time period, even though everybody in conversation still called them that.

Wikipedia says 1997 to 2010. They were officially the Fremantle Football Club in that time thanks to Levi Strauss owning the term Dockers in regards to clothing. They sorted it out in 2010. You won't see "Fremantle Dockers" on anything official from that time period, even though everybody in conversation still called them that.
So Levi Strauss bought it after the dockers entered?

I never knew that. According to WIKIPEDIA:

The club and the AFL discontinued the official use of the "Dockers" nickname in 1997.

In October 2010, the strong association that members and fans have with the "Dockers" nickname led the club to form a new arrangement with Levi Strauss & Co which allows the club to officially use the nickname "Dockers" everywhere including on clothing and other brand elements.

This name change was made in conjunction with changes to the club logo and playing strip. Regained the name lost the anchor. Levi’s logo shown.

Attachments

• 9E896A00-8E1B-4714-9973-A6193AB914B0.jpeg
    9E896A00-8E1B-4714-9973-A6193AB914B0.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 103
So Levi Strauss bought it after the dockers entered?

No they had it for quite a while, I think they likely just became aware of it on a large scale after a couple of years and put forth a bit of a "please explain".

I'm imagining a Strauss employee walking around Perth, seeing a DOCKERS jacket and having a "We don't make jackets in purple, red and green..." moment.

Anyone got any intel on us getting into the first round of the draft tonight. I know we 'Want' to, but wondering if anything a little more solid?

On CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app
From the sounds of things Collingwood are going to bid on Max at their pick so technically that'll be a first rounder for us, as for trading into the 1st round.... Unless it's GWS and very late in the first round I doubt it very much

At least the name is more reflective of how it was used.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back