World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup - Group D - (France, Australia, Denmark, Tunisia)

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
The concern now is if we get a draw, meanwhile France probably rest players V Tunisia and we have already seen upsets happen.
France's second team should still destroy Tunisia. It might actually work in our favour if they rest guys as the fill-ins will be keen to impress.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
316962420_695375048536671_2150519222021617868_n.jpg

You've tagged me in here twice, and quoted me when I'm talking to other people. I havent mentioned you at all since our disagreement which I didnt take serious.

Have you never been to the bay? I get extremely fired up when people their suggest Rose killed Jack at the end of Titanic :mad:

Some people get mad when you refer to them and don't tag them, if you don't mind, then I won't, all good.

You've liked posts related to taking a dig at me, so forgive me for thinking you still harboured ill feelings.

And no I don't go on the bay, it's a ridiculous place.

City later signed Kalvin Phillips for £42 million to do a role Mooy could have done.
Mooy’s too slow for Champions League or top level PL. Not sure he’d get too many starting games with most sides. Great game last night but let’s not get carried away

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He was on Man City's books but never got a game for them. Reckon he did alright for Huddersfield and Brighton in the Premier League.

City later signed Kalvin Phillips for £42 million to do a role Mooy could have done.
Lol no. A bloke who was a decent player for Brighton isn't at city's level

He was on Man City's books but never got a game for them. Reckon he did alright for Huddersfield and Brighton in the Premier League.

Bit random, Mooy has been to Huddersfield, China and Brighton between us selling him and buying Phillips.

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Frankly, I have to say - I think Mooy is a better player in our national team than he is at club level.

And that's exactly the mark of a professional imo.

That's what you want from a player of his calibre, repping the nation - finding an extra little bit.

IDGAF if he plays for Man City or Butt* City, for us, he is perfect.

I wanted both Denmark and us to go through, but the Danes aren't playing well enough and any faint hope of that happening was based on us v France.

At the pointy end now, we should give ourselves a shot, as always. But Denmark have the skill to pick us apart - Tunisia was always going to be a frantic, rushed frenzy....that's nothing like Denmark over 90, I'm sure you'll agree.

It's going to be interesting watching Souttar - he reminded me very strongly of a certain English defender also doing well atm :p

*edit - and the UK commentary team loved Souttar too...

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
Phillips has never been a decent player though, and is on the bench for Man City anyway.
Phillips was playing for England when we were in the championship. Villa offered 30 mil for him when we were in the championship. He was named Englands player of the year last year. City paid 45-50mil for him. He’s been injured this year which is why he’s not been playing. To say he’s never been a decent player is hilarious.

Back