Analysis Would the stand rule still have been introduced if Geelong had won the 2020 premiership?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really. When you’re reigning Premiers a Geelong gun is a Gun

When you are a premiership team it gives the illusion that everybody in it is guns. Not to be mean but I don’t see players like atkins and gryan making many teams best 22. We had the same thing too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
When you are a premiership team it gives the illusion that everybody in it is guns. Not to be mean but I don’t see players like atkins and gryan making many teams best 22. We had the same this too.

They were talking about Close though, why bring up different players?

When you are a premiership team it gives the illusion that everybody in it is guns. Not to be mean but I don’t see players like atkins and gryan making many teams best 22. We had the same this too.

Atkins walks into any team in the competition on this year’s form. He was fifth in the B n F for a club that finished two games clear on top of the ladder and waltzed home on the PF and GF. You don’t have to be a ‘gun’ to be a good player who commands a spot in any squad in the league. Miers is debatable.

Atkins walks into any team in the competition on this year’s form. He was fifth in the B n F for a club that finished two games clear on top of the ladder and waltzed home on the PF and GF. You don’t have to be a ‘gun’ to be a good player who commands a spot in any squad in the league. Miers is debatable.
Atkins would have been one of the first selected by Scott each week in 2022.

I think Prestia is better and he never gets rated by anybody. I don’t think Atkins would be in Richmond’s best 22 with Hopper and Taranto in. Maybe replace Cotchin, but he got more Brownlow votes than Selwood this year and imo Selwood is better than Atkins. Cotchin also has that captain aura Selwood had.

I think Prestia is better and he never gets rated by anybody. I don’t think Atkins would be in Richmond’s best 22 with Hopper and Taranto in. Maybe replace Cotchin, but he got more Brownlow votes than Selwood this year and imo Selwood is better than Atkins. Cotchin also has that captain aura Selwood had.

Who said Prestia isn’t? It wouldn’t be Prestia that Atkins would be competing for a spot with at Richmond. It wouldn’t be Bontempelli at the Dogs or Petracca at Melbourne. But they’d all have him in their side on 2022 form

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were talking about Close though, why bring up different players?

That’s why I said players like the ones I mentioned. Close is included in that group. They are role players that play well in Geelings system.

For example we play different, they probably won’t be as good if we got them. Look at all the ex Richmond players, almost all of them are now dogshit, delisted or retired. Unless you are an absolute star you aren’t a walk up to anybody’s team necessarily.

Who said Prestia isn’t? It wouldn’t be Prestia that Atkins would be competing for a spot with at Richmond. It wouldn’t be Bontempelli at the Dogs or Petracca at Melbourne. But they’d all have him in their side on 2022 form

So you think Prestia is a walk up start to anybody’s team?

I’ll be honest I thought SDK was a better defender than Gibcus until I found out it’s his 3rd year. You are right at the same age Gibcus is better. Smart money is on him being a better player than SDK in the future. Nothing is guaranteed though.

Geez you're not supposed to double down on it...:$

Atkins would have been one of the first selected by Scott each week in 2022.

Yep in your team and system for sure. Dunno if he suits every team as they recruit different types of players for their own systems. I strongly believe Atkins is just a really good role player not a star that can play well anywhere.

That’s why I said players like the ones I mentioned. Close is included in that group. They are role players that play well in Geelings system.

For example we play different, they probably won’t be as good if we got them. Look at all the ex Richmond players, almost all of them are now dogshit, delisted or retired. Unless you are an absolute star you aren’t a walk up to anybody’s team necessarily.

Far out, no wonder you have over 4000 posts in 8 months.

Geez you're not supposed to double down on it...:$

Am I allowed to disagree with you guys at all? It’s not even a dig, D Hannebery got rising star over Dusty. Didn’t turn out as good in the long run. SDK could have a better career than Gibcus who knows. We just have to wait and see. Either way both are absolute guns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back