Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Gimbey , Busslinger , Allen
VS
Amiss , Erasmus , Johnson

I know I’m bias, but as a neutral I know which is the better crop
It’s completely impossible to answer that question yet. We will have some idea in 2028 maybe!

Dayts

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
I assume you are referring to the depth/quality difference between the two drafts!

Yeh that’s what I’m getting at.
But also was having a debate about about how the Coasters are cleaning up with all the local kids and we’re missing out. But I think our hall was and will be better

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Consider we had higher picks and a better draft year, it’s no surprise.
I think it goes deeper than that. In two drafts they have sold their pick for more picks.
Instead of trusting their hand, they have gone quantity over quality.
It’s a gamble that could pay off, but then you look at the Ex-Freo players picked
up and even the Western talk.
Their list is seriously unbalanced, and yet Hurn is still there.
They are trying to rebuild on the cheap, cutting corners and yet still think they
have enough premiership players for one more challenge.
They do well with key positions, flankers, but the midfield?
Simpson inherited most of the pieces for that flag, and ever since the management
have dropped the ball.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Funny how now this year is the worse draft year yet all of last November there was talk about wanting to trade into the next draft so we can pick some talls as the crop would be better

gungho

Club Legend
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Funny how now this year is the worse draft year yet all of last November there was talk about wanting to trade into the next draft so we can pick some talls as the crop would be better
What happened to guys like broadbent? Was a top 10 pick this time last year.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think it goes deeper than that. In two drafts they have sold their pick for more picks.
It’s a gamble that could pay off, but then you look at the Ex-Freo players picked
They are trying to rebuild on the cheap, cutting corners and yet still think they
Simpson inherited most of the pieces for that flag, and ever since the management
have dropped the ball.
West Coast do think they can rebuild quick but they hasn’t nailed a draft since 2017.

Their under 25s is the worst in League and them thinking that they will what they did in the past is nuts.

The two downgrades isn’t a reflection of the quick rebuild mentality.

Pick 12 for Pick 14 and future second is a pretty good deal. If they rated picks 12-14 as the same it’s a no brainer trade for them.

Trading out pick 2 was due to the Victorian mummy boys and they were forced to downgrade to a part in the draft where their are more WA talent.

The longer they think it will be quick the longer the pain which I am very fine with.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
have dropped the ball.
I understand what you are saying and agree regarding last year's draft. This year given the evenness I think it's a good move by them. They will get two quality players.

Gonna lock this up for a couple of days while the draft is on so get over to the 2022 AFL Draft Game Day thread to pick up the conversation.

Also a friendly reminder to vote for the best 2022 Game Preview if you haven't already.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Taylor is there another window for picking up delisted or retired exAFL players? I'm hearing that North are picking up Jarrod Cameron but I thought we were done and dusted for list lodgements now.

Taylor is there another window for picking up delisted or retired exAFL players? I'm hearing that North are picking up Jarrod Cameron but I thought we were done and dusted for list lodgements now.
They can be added to rookie lists until some time early March as supplementary players

Back