Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Joel Taylor picks up a big win. Commentary raving about him being a star in the future, i dont see it personally. Gets hit alot...

I missed a couple rounds so maybe missed so slick movement. Good win nonetheless

Yeah that was a war, great win to Joel that's for sure. The whole gym showed out at the Sporting Globe, joint was going off!

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wouldn't want to find out if I could beat Hodges, I'd want to bring a baseball bat to fight him ha ha

Geez this crowd hates Zerafa, he's not that likeable but surprising he's that hated
Ive turned off. Completely indifferent on zerafa. Dont like or hate him but im knackered and not staying up to watch this meaningless fight lol

I missed the second half but people are saying Franklin was stiff (I’m a Whyte fan too)
To me he won majority of the fight, should've been unanimous. Franklin is ranked 12 in the WBO, really was both a terrible performance from Whyte and superb from Franklin.

They just want to line up the Whyte v Joshua rematch

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Whyte is among the least interesting fights AJ could do. Absolutely no need to do that when there's fresh matchups available...

Prefer Hrgovic, Zhang, Hunter, or even Ajagba or Yoka. At least something new. Id even take McKean or Goodall from round these parts not that either offer any challenge

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Whyte is among the least interesting fights AJ could do. Absolutely no need to do that when there's fresh matchups available...

Prefer Hrgovic, Zhang, Hunter, or even Ajagba or Yoka. At least something new. Id even take McKean or Goodall from round these parts not that either offer any challenge

Also Fury, Wilder, Dubois, hell even Franklin would be fun. Geez I hate boxing sometimes, Fury v Chisora 3 pissed me off the most though, so bloody pointless

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Also Fury, Wilder, Dubois, hell even Franklin would be fun. Geez I hate boxing sometimes, Fury v Chisora 3 pissed me off the most though, so bloody pointless
AJ wont fight Dubois, big risk v small reward. Wilder/Fury we've wanted forever, i doubt they ever do sadly. Obviously theyre the best matchups but ive given up hope on them...

Fury talking about Wilder 4 also. Im done with it if that happens over Usyk. Sports done at that point with Bud/Spence another that'll never happen

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
AJ wont fight Dubois, big risk v small reward. Wilder/Fury we've wanted forever, i doubt they ever do sadly. Obviously theyre the best matchups but ive given up hope on them...

Fury talking about Wilder 4 also. Im done with it if that happens over Usyk. Sports done at that point with Bud/Spence another that'll never happen

I mean I want to see Fury v Usyk first as well but if a 4th Wilder fight happens I'll watch the s**t out of it ha ha, the first and third were all time great fights.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Zepeda looking a bit outclassed by Prograis at the halfway mark of the vacant title match.

When you see a fight hyped with phrases like "it's heavyweight boxing, all it takes is one punch" just turn off the telly lol.

One comment in one of the Fury-Chisora YouTube videos made me laugh. "Fury has got on his hands the biggest fight of his career - trying to promote this rematch" lol

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
When you see a fight hyped with phrases like "it's heavyweight boxing, all it takes is one punch" just turn off the telly lol.

One comment in one of the Fury-Chisora YouTube videos made me laugh. "Fury has got on his hands the biggest fight of his career - trying to promote this rematch" lol
Thing is, if Fury had fought someone fresh at a similar ranking we'd shake our head and accept it. Chisora is beyond pointless.

If the stadium sells, they wont learn a lesson though and i suspect they will. Annoying really

Thing is, if Fury had fought someone fresh at a similar ranking we'd shake our head and accept it. Chisora is beyond pointless.

If the stadium sells, they wont learn a lesson though and i suspect they will. Annoying really
Just a pay day for an old mate. He could've waited for Usyk, he could've fought Joyce, Hrgovic, Dubois or Joshua if he didn't crack the sads and pull out.

Literally any other heavyweight would be more interesting than Chisora. Seems almost like an exhibition fight. He's going to play around with Chisora for 5 rounds and then put him away in the 6th or 7th.

Gee I used to like Tyson but he says one thing one day and does another the next. Dealing with him must be difficult. He goes on about being the best ever all the time, if he wants to be in that conversation he needs to fight everyone in his era. Joshua Joyce Usyk at a minimum.

The Dougster

All Australian
Dec 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just a pay day for an old mate. He could've waited for Usyk, he could've fought Joyce, Hrgovic, Dubois or Joshua if he didn't crack the sads and pull out.

Literally any other heavyweight would be more interesting than Chisora. Seems almost like an exhibition fight. He's going to play around with Chisora for 5 rounds and then put him away in the 6th or 7th.

Gee I used to like Tyson but he says one thing one day and does another the next. Dealing with him must be difficult. He goes on about being the best ever all the time, if he wants to be in that conversation he needs to fight everyone in his era. Joshua Joyce Usyk at a minimum.
Frustrating being a fan of boxing at the moment. I’m not following the sport as much these days because of the dodging and ducking that goes on between fighters and their parasites. Crawford vs Spence not happening is more annoying than the top heavyweights not getting a shot at Fury imo.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Frustrating being a fan of boxing at the moment. I’m not following the sport as much these days because of the dodging and ducking that goes on between fighters and their parasites. Crawford vs Spence not happening is more annoying than the top heavyweights not getting a shot at Fury imo.
Yeah for all their bluster, the big fights take ages to "marinade". Teo extra careful after a loss, Inuoe barely fights, Charlo hasnt fought anyone good in ages holding out for Canelo which now makes sense but Canelo will fight Ryder next. Beterbiev/Bivol a year away at least also Id say

Will Tank/Garcia even happen as rumoured? I have my doubts. Getting very frustrating and difficult to even care atm

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I mean I want to see Fury v Usyk first as well but if a 4th Wilder fight happens I'll watch the s**t out of it ha ha, the first and third were all time great fights.
Fella I know in the UK is involved in boxing promo and pretty well connected .

He reckons if Fury v Usyk isnt signed by Feb it most likely wont ever happen .
Reckons there games by both sides
Says Joshua wants no part of Fury and Fury knows it .
Furys camp not keen on another Wilder fight as they think he might be susceptible .

Back