F1 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

If at some stage during the season they are in a 3 way fight for the constructors title with Ferrari and Mercedes and one of Max or Checo can't race for whatever reason, does anybody seriously think they will put Lawson in ahead of Daniel? It is all well and good to say Lawson is the reserve driver, but there is no way he will drive the RB next season except in the mandatory practice sessions.

Interview with RIC that explains the RBR deal in a little more detail

I’ll bet you that RBR will give RIC a FP session in Vegas next year

Last edited:
My guess is that RB is doing Ricciardo a favour. Whatever friction there was in the past was nothing personal, so they're happy to bring him back in when they don't really need to. Ricciardo gets to keep his "racer's edge" sharp while not racing and doing so while employed by the best team. Within 12 months, his stocks will rise a bit for no other reason than because he's not racing, he's not producing crap results, and invariably someone will underperform next season.

It's nothing to do with dissatisfaction with Perez. If a team wanted Ricciardo halfway through next season (with the possible exception of MB), RB would let him go with no issue.

Only Latifi was worse than Ricciardo this year.
How Dare You Greta GIF

I'm probably getting more excited about him from the Aussie perspective at the moment. Time will tell, there's something very off about McLaren after this year for me so it has kinda shaded my excitement for Oscar.
it's pretty dog-eat-dog in that caper. the treatment of danny ric was off but so was his driving 2 b fair.

agree tho, looking forward 2 jack getting a seat in 24

Watched a video saying Mercedes want leclerc to replace Hamilton in 24. Don't if it's true or untrue. But if it is who replaces Leclerc

Lando?
Danny Ric?

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Watched a video saying Mercedes want leclerc to replace Hamilton in 24. Don't if it's true or untrue. But if it is who replaces Leclerc

Lando?
Danny Ric?

Silly season could get very silly if we get these rumours all year :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lando?
Danny Ric?

Had always assumed that Leclerc was locked into Ferrari.

But given his quite visible frustration with them at times, a move away from Ferrari would make sense.

Had always assumed that Leclerc was locked into Ferrari.

But given his quite visible frustration with them at times, a move away from Ferrari would make sense.
Yeah both Ferrari drivers are only contracted to the end of 2024, it was also reported that Charles has an exit clause in his contract where he can leave early if Ferrari finish lower than third in the constructors.

So rumours around that Binotto is about to get the flick.

The guy is regarded as one of the best engineers on the grid, and has been at Ferrari for what...26 years or something, so obviously knows what he is doing in a technical sense, but just never seemed suited to the team principle role. Hopefully for Ferrari's sake its a bit of a reshuffle and Binotto continues on with the team/Ferrari in a more technical role as would be a massive blow to Ferrari to lose him completely (Merc/RBR would be knocking on his door within minutes if he is fully gone)

Lando?
Danny Ric?

always thought danny ric's italian heritage would have been a good fit. but ferrari has passed on him before. lando will end-up at one of the big 3.

That’s not what was stated.
Not what I was replying to. Changing the goalposts after the event.
Depends what you define as a driver metric, given cars are all different the main comparison for performance you have is to teammates surely.

I wasn’t disputing your point either, mearly asking a question.

Depends what you define as a driver metric, given cars are all different the main comparison for performance you have is to teammates surely.

I wasn’t disputing your point either, mearly asking a question.
You would argue outside the top 3 teams lando would have done that to anyone in any other car so it a merely a reflection of how well he is doing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back