List Mgmt. 2022 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 23, 2017
Grounded
AFL Club
Fremantle
Clearly they're not considered topliners but we don't have selections where the topliners are. I'm backing our team in to find some developing talent at our picks that'll turn out to be at worst, good strong depth.

I think this is where the character test comes in.. someone with a bit of talent, physical attributes… but a hell of a desire to make it

Without the desire, they just drift out the back door over time.

Polo342

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
If Sam Gilbey is there at Pick 30 I hope we take him. Any chance Keeler could be there at our Picks in the 40s?

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Jordie’s top 50

Attachments

• 56C7494B-C6A6-4F67-B145-53AAA4C58CF4.png
    56C7494B-C6A6-4F67-B145-53AAA4C58CF4.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 293
  • F2E65E49-E272-4935-8C2D-3D5B30A4B2E2.png
    F2E65E49-E272-4935-8C2D-3D5B30A4B2E2.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 297

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Interesting that we picked Lloyd Meek at pick 69 in the 2017 draft. He didn’t
debut till 2021.
So we can pick well into the fourth round, but back then we were cellar dwellers.
So we may go mature aged, and have that ruck ready for an assault?
The reality is that if both Darcy, Jackson are available, it’s for a decade, so whats
the point of developing for trade?
I’d rather go the WC route of 2018, and still win a flag without NN.

That’s why Barnett would be good , looks like he could play either end and more than chop out in the ruck too me

Won’t be there at 30 but personally I would throw the rest of the picks in if he was there at the mid 20’s

Polo342

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
That’s why Barnett would be good , looks like he could play either end and more than chop out in the ruck too me

Won’t be there at 30 but personally I would throw the rest of the picks in if he was there at the mid 20’s
Could Barnett be a key forward?

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Could Barnett be a key forward?

I like how he attacks the ball in the air and his kicking looks ok

Does he have the knack ???????

Add him and the Draper kid and I’d almost say I was comfortable with our talls and that’s been a long time coming

Last edited:

gungho

Club Legend
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Prediction from those in the know is that Konstanty will be a very good player. VIC country lad. Would he still be around at 30 odd?

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Best talent at 30 according to Walls so if he is best talent then I reckon we do, reckon there is probably another slider though
Not sure that a player who hasn't performed in their draft year and has displayed attitudinal issues makes them a slider does it? It makes them valued later, than if those things were reversed, which is as it should be.

Same has happened for Keeler and Lemmey. Their ranking has adjusted as the year has progressed.

In draft terms, I thought a slider is a someone who is taken significantly later than their ranking.

Lemmey for example may go as a rookie, but he won't be a slider despite being rated as a first round pick early in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
West Coast getting Allan will really sting
How many times have GWS, GC put a spanner in the works with the draft?
WC gave away their chance to get what they want, it’s a gamble so we shall
see.
As for Allan it’s a huge risk to take him with their first two picks.
If they take him early they will miss out on Hewitt, etc.
Ben only played what 48 games with us, Hawks are the ones that were screwed.

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
How many times have GWS, GC put a spanner in the works with the draft?
WC gave away their chance to get what they want, it’s a gamble so we shall
see.
As for Allan it’s a huge risk to take him with their first two picks.
If they take him early they will miss out on Hewitt, etc.
Ben only played what 48 games with us, Hawks are the ones that were screwed.
An inaugural captain though should be an auto father son in my opinion. Established clubs get heaps of father and sons so it would be nice for new clubs to have some advantage but they aren’t Victorian so I am probably dreaming 😁

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
An inaugural captain though should be an auto father son in my opinion. Established clubs get heaps of father and sons so it would be nice for new clubs to have some advantage but they aren’t Victorian so I am probably dreaming 😁
A few of those WA boys though follow Freo, there’s a good chance WC miss out. Then in a few years we can put the feelers out.
Yeah the AFL don’t waste much time on us and won’t until we win a flag.

King Huskii

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 19, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
A few of those WA boys though follow Freo, there’s a good chance WC miss out. Then in a few years we can put the feelers out.
Yeah the AFL don’t waste much time on us and won’t until we win a flag.

Ginbey's favourite footballer growing up was Fyfe

Purpellian Anchor

Purple Admiralty
Oct 14, 2011
Northam
AFL Club
Fremantle
I am glad that Lemmey is being spoken of as a slider, hope we get him, looks very much a Harry Taylor clone.

Will be surprised if Hagan gets to our first pick, expect him to go early to mid 20's but if we can get him we will get a very good player.

Davies we should target and will be a very good kpb in a year or two, Keeler has some risk but big upside and would suit us, and Adams the least risk in terms of a safe bet to be a good longterm player.

Phillips would be a good pick as a back up for our back half but should we use one of our first three picks - for me no.

Keeler, if we got him say with one of our forties pick could probably be enough for us as a back up mobile ruck/forward but if not we will need to get a ruck with a late pick or rookie.

My dream draft would be Lemmey, Hagan, Keeler and Davies.

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
I am glad that Lemmey is being spoken of as a slider, hope we get him, looks very much a Harry Taylor clone.

Will be surprised if Hagan gets to our first pick, expect him to go early to mid 20's but if we can get him we will get a very good player.

Davies we should target and will be a very good kpb in a year or two, Keeler has some risk but big upside and would suit us, and Adams the least risk in terms of a safe bet to be a good longterm player.

Phillips would be a good pick as a back up for our back half but should we use one of our first three picks - for me no.

Keeler, if we got him say with one of our forties pick could probably be enough for us as a back up mobile ruck/forward but if not we will need to get a ruck with a late pick or rookie.

My dream draft would be Lemmey, Hagan, Keeler and Davies.
Isn't Hagan a short s**t like western ? Dominating colts but too short for the big league ?

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thats my worry to with guys like Hagan and Jones. Both short people
Yeah it looked suspect with just Lobb as the only tall. But those days are over.
We need a Walters replacement, maybe Henry, but this is where the above guys
can play. But they are also versatile to play in dual positions.
I don’t see Wilson, Colyer, making it past 2023, so the club is all over it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back