World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup - Group F - (Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia)

Remove this Banner Ad

Belgium have missed their window, the 2016 Euros and 2018 WC were their best chances for a trophy. Much of their golden generation are past their best now, time to ditch Martinez (should've done so a while ago) and look into the future.

Belgium have missed their window, the 2016 Euros and 2018 WC were their best chances for a trophy. Much of their golden generation are past their best now, time to ditch Martinez (should've done so a while ago) and look into the future.
They wasted their big chance by having Martinez in charge for most of it.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
KDB realising he’s now crossing to Lukaku with a 2 inch vert and not Haaland’s Inspector Gadget legs lmao

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Munga

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 2, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
1669561044744.png

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Martinez has to go, Belgium looked like a rabble tonight, no cohesion and we were relying on the individual brilliance of KDB and Mertens to finish,

Courtois is a great goalkeeper but he got no help from his defenders, you need to have defenders putting a block on, Courtois was hung out to dry.

Martinez is a Brett Ratten, Belgium need to find a Ross Lyon.

Martinez has to go, Belgium looked like a rabble tonight, no cohesion and we were relying on the individual brilliance of KDB and Mertens to finish,

Courtois is a great goalkeeper but he got no help from his defenders, you need to have defenders putting a block on, Courtois was hung out to dry.

Martinez is a Brett Ratten, Belgium need to find a Ross Lyon.
I wonder if teams will try to do that tactic against Real with Courtois. Morocco scored past him twice pretty much the same way, although the first one the guy was offside only just when he tried to interfere.

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
This World Cup can be characterised by slow first-halves, and surprise results. The only two teams to look particularly assured have been France and Brazil, and if I were to add a third, I'd say Spain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back