List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft & Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Our F1 for Sydney’s pick 14 feels like the way we might go.
Austin wants to do business and so do Sydney so there’s the starting point.
To be looking at that deal says we’re in full go mode now and backing ourselves in to be serious players from next season and that’s as it should be or we’re not fair dinkum.
Retaining pick 10 gives us a nice chance at a highly rated slider or, simply taking Hollands who ticks a lot of boxes for Carlton.
Sydney’s pick 14 and our natural 2nd rounder then give Austin the opportunity to round out our list as they see fit …
Yeah.
We'd need their F3 to make the deal work (which is pretty fair).
Might have to give something back (our 3rd or 4th or F4).

Austin has the strategy right. We are going to do well and set up generational success. Pop the cork, a great night My preference order:
Pick 10- phillipou/Hollands
Pick 14- Busslinger/Cowans/Weddle
Pick 29- i just want Binns
Pick 49- Scully/Knobel/ Walker
Pick 66- Ziggy Toledo (won't happen)

Disclaimer: Armchair phantom draft watcher here (youtube highlights are too taxing....)

IMO, this is where players go before us

CERTAIN to be gone: Cadman, Ashcroft, Sheezel, Wardlaw (4)
EXTREMELY likely to be gone: Tsatas, Humphrey (2)
VERY LIKELY to be gone: Clark, Phillipou (2)
QUITE LIKELY to be gone: Ginbey, McKenzie (2)

Which means we will have the choice of any player not in that list. With jungle drums suggesting that the two most likely outcomes would be Hollands or involved in a trade.

IF there is a 'bolter', then one of those top 10 falls through. I think the POSSIBLE top 10 bolters would be Busslinger, Allen, Jefferson.

It depends on who picks whom and where, but if there is a bolter, my best guess of who would slip from the top 10 would be most likely in this order: McKenzie, Ginbey, Clark.

Disclaimer: Armchair phantom draft watcher here (youtube highlights are too taxing....)

IMO, this is where players go before us

CERTAIN to be gone: Cadman, Ashcroft, Sheezel, Wardlaw (4)
EXTREMELY likely to be gone: Tsatas, Humphrey (2)
VERY LIKELY to be gone: Clark, Phillipou (2)
QUITE LIKELY to be gone: Ginbey, McKenzie (2)

Which means we will have the choice of any player not in that list. With jungle drums suggesting that the two most likely outcomes would be Hollands or involved in a trade.

IF there is a 'bolter', then one of those top 10 falls through. I think the POSSIBLE top 10 bolters would be Busslinger, Allen, Jefferson.

It depends on who picks whom and where, but if there is a bolter, my best guess of who would slip from the top 10 would be most likely in this order: McKenzie, Ginbey, Clark.
Do we take one of those or reckon we are set on Hollands anyway?

Do we take one of those or reckon we are set on Hollands anyway?

I love Clark and he would be an absolute steal at 10/11. Highway robbery if we picked him. Although I have to say Carlton would be one of the worst immediate fits for him.

Ginbey has shown talent as both inside mid and as a (mid-sized) defender; probably the two spots we have the most depth.

McKenzie offers us something different; a tough inside mid, but a guy who has pace, can break away from congestion, makes good decisions and uses the ball well. Sounds a lot like what we were hoping Stocker would end up as.

Despite being the least 'rated' of the group, Hollands is arguably the guy that most immediately (not long-term) makes us a better side.

TL;DR - I can see the Blues picking Hollands even if one of the other three are available.

PS - I can't see Clark making it to our pick, but IF he did, I could see a side paying a decent ransom. Someone like * could offer up a 2023 first rounder. Would be a good deal for both sides (NotDodoTM).

Starting to get the feeling that one of Mackenzie or Clark will be available at pick 10

Silly hypothetical if Clark makes it to our pick.

Trade 1: We trade pick 10 (11) for *'s 2023 first rounder (we add steak knives?).
Trade 2: We trade our 2023 1st for Sydney's pick 14 (15) and change (steak knives > than what we give *)

Analysis:

Sydney get to recycle into next year's draft. TICK
* get the contested beast they need, a very bankable player and talent in the door a year sooner. TICK
Carlton moves back four spots this year and quite possibly still get its guy. TICK.
We also gain some net steak knives. TICK.
We get to death-ride * all of next year, looking at a possibly decent 1st round upgrade in a strong draft. BOOM!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Austin has the strategy right. We are going to do well and set up generational success. Pop the cork, a great night My preference order:
Pick 10- phillipou/Hollands
Pick 14- Busslinger/Cowans/Weddle
Pick 29- i just want Binns
Pick 49- Scully/Knobel/ Walker
Pick 66- Ziggy Toledo (won't happen)
Someone's kidnapped Michael. Generational success?

Should we band together to pay the ransom?

Silly hypothetical if Clark makes it to our pick.

Trade 1: We trade pick 10 (11) for *'s 2023 first rounder (we add steak knives?).
Trade 2: We trade our 2023 1st for Sydney's pick 14 (15) and change (steak knives > than what we give *)

Analysis:

Sydney get to recycle into next year's draft. TICK
* get the contested beast they need, a very bankable player and talent in the door a year sooner. TICK
Carlton moves back four spots this year and quite possibly still get its guy. TICK.
We also gain some net steak knives. TICK.
We get to death-ride * all of next year, looking at a possibly decent 1st round upgrade in a strong draft. BOOM!
We get to watch Geelong pick him up for a future 3rd in two years' time and laugh at what a dumb move it was for *. TICK

Hollands on draft countdown now.

Based on his managers' comments Hollands will 100% be taken by Sydney if they trade for our pick 10. His dad lives in Sydney and he's from Wodonga anyway which is halfway to Sydney.

If Sydney are trading up with us to take Hollands, we should probably just take him. They are the best in the league at talent identification IMHO.

We should back Austin and co. Came here with a good record and hasn’t put a foot wrong yet.

I like Hollands as a player, looks a very safe pick, but if the Swans want to pay overs for him we should accept.

I love Clark and he would be an absolute steal at 10/11. Highway robbery if we picked him. Although I have to say Carlton would be one of the worst immediate fits for him.

Ginbey has shown talent as both inside mid and as a (mid-sized) defender; probably the two spots we have the most depth.

McKenzie offers us something different; a tough inside mid, but a guy who has pace, can break away from congestion, makes good decisions and uses the ball well. Sounds a lot like what we were hoping Stocker would end up as.

Despite being the least 'rated' of the group, Hollands is arguably the guy that most immediately (not long-term) makes us a better side.

TL;DR - I can see the Blues picking Hollands even if one of the other three are available.

PS - I can't see Clark making it to our pick, but IF he did, I could see a side paying a decent ransom. Someone like * could offer up a 2023 first rounder. Would be a good deal for both sides (NotDodoTM).

Only time I’d even think about negotiating with Dodo, on a clock and desperately wanting a trade…pay up campaigner

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back