Rumour 2022 Draft Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Consider posting your hypothetical Pick swaps, or opinions on what's fair, in the linked thread instead! That way, you can discuss in the proper space and this thread can remain more on topic

rumour (n)​

1. information, often a mixture of truth and untruth, passed around verbally
  2. gossip or hearsay

Last edited by a moderator:

Re: Blues

Latest is if someone like a Phillipou or Clark doesn't slip it's between Hollands & Allan.

We tried to get a Top 7 pick but no luck. Sellers market

Still strong hope to get another pick between 15-20. Some I have spoken with believe it's probable over possible. If we do it will be best availble with Pick 29 more a needs if kept. We are keen on Ethan Phillips
Was told earlier in the week you guys are mainly the only team who have been in contact with Phillips, with some hope he may go undrafted and you get him in the off season (info a few days old). Saints the other to show some interest

Humphrey going at 4 would likely mean the Suns pick up Ginbey instead.
Tsatas be like...
Leaving See Ya GIF by MOODMAN

Was told earlier in the week you guys are mainly the only team who have been in contact with Phillips, with some hope he may go undrafted and you get him in the off season (info a few days old). Saints the other to show some interest

Yep. I have no idea where he will go or what we hope to pick him up at but I know we are keen

We have a billion picks in the 40/50 range. We'll be trading them somehow. I hope it's with Brisbane to score another selection around 35.

Otherwise we'll probably use two of them and trade the rest into next year.

Likely to use 4 picks in the main draft I believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Melbourne’s recruiting department want to spend 3 1st rounders on a player, you should really think about taking him yourself.
Interesting to see what the point break down on it is surely it would be close

I'd be shocked if none of Swans' or Giants' picks move tonight.
I just want to see trades haha, like the stocker trade going so wrong

We have a billion picks in the 40/50 range. We'll be trading them somehow. I hope it's with Brisbane to score another selection around 35.

One of Long, O'Sullivan, and Binns, then one of Van Es, McCallum, Lemmey, or Teal, please.

Makes our draft:
Talented Mid with star potential
Best Available Whatever
Unlucky/Injured undersized mid/forward with a ton of talent
High upside tall.

Van Es I'm particularly interested in, with his straight-line speed and leap he could be a dominant force out of full forward. McCallum played as a forward last year as well, definitely has the chops.

If it’s too grab Hewitt I wouldn’t be surprised to see the eagles trump your offer. Something like 14/17 for 26/20 & a future second. IF we rate Hewitt that highly then it’s worth it IMO
Saints will be trying to get one of Sydney or Giants picks between 14-19

I see only Hawks with the picks to give extra 200 points for Lions but none of the Phantom's mention this & just dump Hawks last 2-3 picks off
Given lions don't have a F1, they can only trade one of their F3(melb) or F3(WB). Their F2 & F4 is from top clubs, so no one is swapping for those and giving picks early in the night. Roos are reported to be likely to trade their pick 40 for one of the F3's

Hawks can trade 41,48,50,52( 1235 pts) for 35 & 36 ( 1024 pts)

There is a pickle with trading 48 back, but we can unravel it by trading our 48,52,63 for Crows 46,56,59( gain 5 pts extra) and then send 41,46,50,56 for 35 & 36.

Lions should have 34,38,40,41,46,50,55,56 and likely have to use only the top 5 or 6 of those picks for Ashcroft. That will then bump 50,55,56 to 5 spots up as well gaining xtra points before Fletcher is bid on.

And let me guess, take Munkara with pick 35.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back