Rumour 2022 Draft Rumours

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW

Consider posting your hypothetical Pick swaps, or opinions on what's fair, in the linked thread instead! That way, you can discuss in the proper space and this thread can remain more on topic

rumour (n)​

1. information, often a mixture of truth and untruth, passed around verbally
  2. gossip or hearsay

Last edited by a moderator:

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
I see only Hawks with the picks to give extra 200 points for Lions but none of the Phantom's mention this & just dump Hawks last 2-3 picks off
Given lions don't have a F1, they can only trade one of their F3(melb) or F3(WB). Their F2 & F4 is from top clubs, so no one is swapping for those and giving picks early in the night. Roos are reported to be likely to trade their pick 40 for one of the F3's

Hawks can trade 41,48,50,52( 1235 pts) for 35 & 36 ( 1024 pts)

There is a pickle with trading 48 back, but we can unravel it by trading our 48,52,63 for Crows 46,56,59( gain 5 pts extra) and then send 41,46,50,56 for 35 & 36.

Lions should have 34,38,40,41,46,50,55,56 and likely have to use only the top 5 or 6 of those picks for Ashcroft. That will then bump 50,55,56 to 5 spots up as well gaining xtra points before Fletcher is bid on.

I have never seen someone so invested in trades involving third and fourth round picks.

I hope the Hawks get this deal done. For your own sanity.

hawkinoz

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2022
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I have never seen someone so invested in trades involving third and fourth round picks.

I hope the Hawks get this deal done. For your own sanity.
We all have our quirks, I did the calculations in between the million refreshes to get latest draft news. Didn't want it to get wasted and someone else has to do the same.
Have put the points breakdown in in the Hypothetical draft pick thread. :)

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Shouldn't the fact that all these clubs with proven good recruiting records (Melbourne, Footscray & Sydney) wanting to secure the Bombers Pick 4, be a good justification as to why not to trade it...
You’d think
If Jason Taylor is willing to give up 3 1st rounders for a kid, make a smart decision and take that player.

The dogs have 2 f1?

Their pick and Brisbane's.

All of these picks: Dogs, Brisbane, Melbourne, Freo should be teens selections.

Buying a top five pick with multiple picks in the teens isn't good value for the seller, in my opinion.

The dogs have 2 f1?
Theirs and Brisbane don't they?

From the Hun
The Dogs, armed with selections 11, 21, 39 as well as two first-round selections in the 2023 draft, have made a late pitch to poach the prized selection.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Their pick and Brisbane's.

All of these picks: Dogs, Brisbane, Melbourne, Freo should be teens selections.

Buying a top five pick with multiple picks in the teens isn't good value for the seller, in my opinion.
Pick 11 and 2 f1s is pretty good value, if you aren’t giving pick 22 back.
Obviously there’s a big chance they’ll be right up the top of the ladder. But that’s no guarantee.

Might put you in range for Hewett if you guys are still keen.
I don't mind him but if it's outside that range I guess I'm praying that Geelong take Busslinger and at worst we get Hollands/Clark.

Pick 11 and 2 f1s is pretty good value, if you aren’t giving pick 22 back.
Obviously there’s a big chance they’ll be right up the top of the ladder. But that’s no guarantee.

There's less guarantees with picks outside the top ten. Hoping that a top five pick turns into a selection outside the top ten and maybe another top ten pick is dangerous.

Clubs only get to put 18 guys on the field at once so each position needs to be the best player possible, you'll get more chance of that player winning that match up with the attributes available in players in the top five names called. I don't think the difference between a pick #15 and a pick #22 is as much as the top five to top ten to top fifteen is.

Essendon will make that call, it might prefer three B grade footballers over one A grade match winner. That's purely hyperbolic but that's where my argument is.

You'd prefer one Dustin Martin over three other picks in the teens praying one of them is Nathan Fyfe.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
There's less guarantees with picks outside the top ten. Hoping that a top five pick turns into a selection outside the top ten and maybe another top ten pick is dangerous.

Clubs only get to put 18 guys on the field at once so each position needs to be the best player possible, you'll get more chance of that player winning that match up with the attributes available in players in the top five names called. I don't think the difference between a pick #15 and a pick #22 is as much as the top five to top ten to top fifteen is.

Essendon will make that call, it might prefer three B grade footballers over one A grade match winner. That's purely hyperbolic but that's where my argument is.

You'd prefer one Dustin Martin over three other picks in the teens praying one of them is Nathan Fyfe.
Having 3 first rounders next year will put them in a powerful position in next years draft. They can either be used as assets during trade week or bargaining power on draft night. Those picks might help them nab a player like Harley Reid next year, you never know.

There’s good players drafted in the teens every year btw, poor argument to say that you just get b graders picking in that range. Could easily pick paddy dow at pick 3 or Zach Bailey at 15.
For example in 2019
Pick 18 georgiades
Pick 19 sam de koning

Pick 4 lachie ash

I think we need some soldiers, if Parish goes next year, we get 2 stars plus 3 b graders I'd be happy

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Shouldn't the fact that all these clubs with proven good recruiting records (Melbourne, Footscray & Sydney) wanting to secure the Bombers Pick 4, be a good justification as to why not to trade it...

Not necessarily, Melbourne already have a good group of players and don't need to add bulk talent to the list.

Teams like North, Essendon or Hawthorn need multiple talented kids just as much as they need a single high-end talent.

Back