List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft & Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

14 & 17 for 10 & 29/F2

I think the above is fair.

Yeah, I would love to get better than that deal, but I don’t think we can
Not sure if this is worth it. Dropping from 10 to 14 is a big drop in this draft. Sure we go from 29 to 17 but why would we. We risk a high ender and a solid pick to go to two solid picks. Sydney want to improve their draft hand for next year so let’s get 14 and help them with next years draft

Honestly how good is Brayden George
How early would he of went if not for injuries
Say we trade out with Sydney would we take a gamble and take George with one of those picks
I wouldn't be to disappointed if we took
Josh weddle at 14 and one of Cowan or George at 17

Not sure if this is worth it. Dropping from 10 to 14 is a big drop in this draft. Sure we go from 29 to 17 but why would we. We risk a high ender and a solid pick to go to two solid picks. Sydney want to improve their draft hand for next year so let’s get 14 and help them with next years draft
No way is that a big drop in this draft.

Even Pick 7-15 isn't a major step down given the paucity of talent in the pool.

There's maybe 3-4 top shelf prospects and then a few others who could be great players but have question marks (eg Hewett, Phillipou) but otherwise the standard is even from about 6-7 onwards - almost to the end of the first round.

I reserve the right to melt uncontrollably if we end up with Tsatas.

You got any idea how to pronounce that name ? :) Would be delighted myself if we ended up with him or Philppou (would love a lad named Mattaes at the footy club)

I have learnt to back Austin and Agesta's judgement to the hilt. I initially had some reservations when we took Jesse Motlop last year, but geez, haven't been so excited by a first year player since a young Charlie Curnow. Hoping the club gives JM a big fat contract extension before the start of next season if possible.

Honestly how good is Brayden George
How early would he of went if not for injuries
Say we trade out with Sydney would we take a gamble and take George with one of those picks
I wouldn't be to disappointed if we took
Josh weddle at 14 and one of Cowan or George at 17
I'd say 5-10 in this pool, similar to Humphrey.

Good prospect, but not beating out Ashcroft/Cadman/Wardlaw/Sheezal.

Sometimes players get injured and they 'get better' not in terms of being taken earlier, but their ceiling and perceived upside is overemphasised. Eg Kemp in his draft year.

Is too much to hope for no melts or rants as to who we pick at pick 10 (or earlier or later)

I see no reason (unless some team throws a curveball) why we ain't taking OliverHollands with our first pick, whom I think is a pretty safe/solid pick

I feel like many here wouldn't be all that happy with Ollie, would perhaps prefer a more riskier/higher ceiling x factor type of prospect.

I hate the way the (Fox Footy) like to draw out and milk the draft for all its worth, I don't expect us (assuming we stay at pick 10/11) to draft before 8:30 pm.

I agree with this.

Realistically, this is the highest pick we should have (without trading higher or a Camporeale smashing it and rising to top 5-10) for several years.

On that basis I think I'd prefer the safer pick here. When we are drafting late in the draft then we can go for the X Factor types which are available in every draft. This is because the risk v reward is balanced in our favor given the position of the list.

If the club views Hollands (or someone else) as a secure 150+ game player in OUR team then that's the right player for us considering the state of our list and future expectations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's an amigo! It's an amigo! Kick it Jeffy!
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Thoughts on appropriate compensation if we trade 10 to the Swans?

Beatson was on Trade Radio yesterday and apparently stated that their priority was a key forward, given Buddy and Reid are both on their last legs. Pick #10 would most likely give them access to Jefferson if that's where they're looking, so still wouldn't be surprised if there was a trade offer on the table.

I'd still do Swans >> picks #14 and #17 for Blues >> pick #10 and f2.

Beatson was on Trade Radio yesterday and apparently stated that their priority was a key forward, given Buddy and Reid are both on their last legs. Pick #10 would most likely give them access to Jefferson if that's where they're looking, so still wouldn't be surprised if there was a trade offer on the table.

I'd still do Swans >> picks #14 and #17 for Blues >> pick #10 and f2.
1 F2 I could live with not 2 of them.

Let’s see what the Swans offer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back