Game Day 2022 AFL Draft - Round 1 tonight! Coverage starts 7PM AEDT - Picks from 7:25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually pretty stunned.

We gave up HEAPS for a player that doesn't fill a need (even if we rated him as a talent). We owned future picks from other clubs but traded our own, despite likely being a bottom 4 side next season.

We also have a highly rated father/son coming next year who, you guessed it, is a centre half back.

We're potentially trying to squeeze Sicily, Frost, DGB, Blanck, Scrimshaw, Day, Weddle, Jiath, Hardwick and Will Macabe into the same side in 2024.

I can only assume that 1. Sam Mitchell rates us as improving our ladder position in 2023 despite the dire predictions. And 2. It's likely that Day, Scrimshaw and Jiath in particular will be moving up the field next year.

Think Day pushing up the ground is a lock at this stage given how much he was given midfield time.

Scrimshaw looked good up forward. Could be the Gunston replacement.

He had been tipped from a long way out while still playing to be an excellent coach, i think you'd be selling him short to say that.

He certainly has never lacked confidence though and these are certainly bold moves. I hope those 2nd and third rounders turn out not to be Hawthorn's but the dog's picks otherwise this was a woeful trade on par with what they paid for Wingard.

Sam Mitchell just looks like a guy who had a fortunate career with a lot of things going right for him and now just expects all decisions he makes will be coated with gold.

Crows deserve it after offering unders for Dawson
Lol, we at least had good points Cover with 3 late picks & not caught out like GWS as we traded our 2nd rounder out for North's future 2nd.

Glad you rate MM highly as we got a 1st round player & Rankine. :)

Lol, we at least had good points Cover with 3 late picks & not caught out like GWS as we traded our 2nd rounder out for North's future 2nd.

Glad you rate MM highly as we got a 1st round player & Rankine. :)

We’d have been happy with the player anyway, he’d suit our needs. More surprised we didn’t go Davey as we’ve just taken Konstanty

Pies haven't learned anything about picking players with strong ties to other clubs.

National competition might aswell pack up and give it in if scared to bid on kids from other states.

Hopefully the kids off the breast milk by now unlike mummies boy.

Sam Mitchell just looks like a guy who had a fortunate career with a lot of things going right for him and now just expects all decisions he makes will be coated with gold.
You don't win the 2018 flag without him according to half your premiership players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved it. Everyone was playing so nice until the Swans showed up half cut with a bottle of Tequila.

Was hilarious Darymple was in a mood! Essendon lucky we didn’t bid on Davey

From a character development point of view, got to hope that Busslinger leans into the second half of his surname, and goes with the quick draw McGraw/ Shooter McGavin pistols as a goal celebration

shooter GIF

what pick is lions current future 3rd they just traded

they have 49, 52 and 53 next year
Bloody chuffed with that trade, it was on the cards.

Cheers Lions, all the best to Ashcroft
I missed the first 12 or 13 players drafted, what and who was involved in that early trade?

Was there another trade after that one but before the Hawks trading in Sydney's #18 for their #27 and their F2 and F3?

Edit - CANCEL THAT, WHAT SENSATIONAL BIT OF WORK BY Lore at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back