List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets start with Rowston. GWS (Pick 21 and their Future 2nd Pick in 2023 to Brisbane) for #15 . They blew 2 second rounders & expected no one to bid on him until 20's.But the kid is home grown NSW and worth it from our perspective. How they didn't expect us to bid on him defies description.

They were hoping to use #15 on Konstanty which they no longer had due to matching Rowston bid.

Swans then bid on Konstanty.:coolv1:
GWS Recruitment team were filthy was having a great laugh 😂

Splitting up the draft nights is another AFL ‘innovation’ no one asked for.
The new draft format kind of feels like the first time you ever got with somebody. You have all the anticipation and excitement in the build up.... and then its over in 10 seconds. And you're like... "Thats it?" Make it last all night.

Bummed about having to wait until tomorrow for our next picks. But on the plus side, it gives us plenty of time to discuss our next player and possible moves if we choose to make any trades.

Our list managers have done a pretty good job at addressing our obvious list issues so far this offseason.

Tall defenders - Jones and Busslinger.
A 2nd ruck/tall forward - Lobb.

From a list balance perspective I reckon tomorrow's 2 picks would ideally be a genuine small forward and a winger.

My ideal would be Clarke at 24 and whoever of Hustwaite or Binns slides to 39.

My hopes for our next pick are Brayden George or Charlie Clarke. George on sheer upside and talent, Clarke on being the exact player we need to complete our forward line. Would also be happy with Olli Hotton.

George is better but has the ACL but Clarke would give us a pest small forward that crumbs. It's hard to decide on which is the better option.

I think Clarke is the best fit for us. Genuine defensive forward with future midfield scope. Closely followed by Hotton.

Could understand if we go Hayes though, with Jones and Keath both having only a couple of years left and Cordy and Schache gone. Buss & Hayes would give us two developing tall defenders to backup and ideally eventually replace Jones and Keath.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarke or George hopefully, then van Es. Our 3rd pick will be speculative at best, but van Es looks to have some upside and worth a go & just not sure if anyone else that would likely be available fits a need for us.

Baker seems likely but would prefer Poulter for the same position for a delisted signing, can’t see both happening

Can see GWS going Clarke now if they keep their next pick although they still might trade it for a good offer.
Think so? I thought them taking Jones, who will be a Mid/Fwd pointed at them not taking Clarke. Given you would not think a team would take two small players in a row. Could still happen.

I think Clarke is the best fit for us. Genuine defensive forward with future midfield scope. Closely followed by Hotton.

Could understand if we go Hayes though, with Jones and Keath both having only a couple of years left and Cordy and Schache gone. Buss & Hayes would give us two developing tall defenders to backup and ideally eventually replace Jones and Keath.
I actually forgot Shackattack and especially Cordy were gone, those two changes are better than any addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back