Game Day 2022 AFL Draft - Round 1 tonight! Coverage starts 7PM AEDT - Picks from 7:25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post didn't age too well once Sydney stepped up to the plate.
In truth though and despite what Crow fans may think, that bid was genuine. Did here we might be interested so it wasn't all together as surprising at people think. Same with Rowston - still not sure why GWS were unprepared for that one.

I think hes a really good talent but hes best as a hybrid defender and you have a few of those so i really dont understand the list fit. Would have thought a forward was much more of a need fof you.
The solution is simple, we play him as a forward.

It's what everyone wanted to do with Gruzewski, Weddle has all the athletic traits and a stronger frame. He's essentially Charlie Curnow but in a better jersey at this point.

My mock was fairly accurate until the trading begun.

Perfect through to 11, didn’t pick the Fletcher bid that early but then hit on Busslinger, Hewett and Jefferson to their respective clubs. Didn’t pick the Rowston bid, had Collingwood bidding on Michalanney a few picks later. Had Weddle going to Sydney with that pick, which somehow ended up at Hawthorn (yet to see what the trade was) who ironically still picked Weddle. Again, no idea what happened trades wise but for the rest I had Konstanty to GWS (obviously landed at Sydney) and then 3 players who are yet to come off the board.

The solution is simple, we play him as a forward.

It's what everyone wanted to do with Gruzewski, Weddle has all the athletic traits and a stronger frame. He's essentially Charlie Curnow but in a better jersey at this point.

If thats the plan then it makes more sense. If theyve drafted him as a defender i dont get it at all.

In truth though and despite what Crow fans may think, that bid was genuine. Did here we might be interested so it wasn't all together as surprising at people think. Same with Rowston - still not sure why GWS were unprepared for that one.
As a neutral, I prefer the idea that Kinnear was trolling the s**t out of the draft.

I think they tried to move their picks up before yours but couldnt get a buyer.
Im surprised their recruiters didnt let him go-caruso looked like he wanted to he didnt seem happy at all with the pick.

It’s funny Sydney have this squeaky clean image but when it comes to recruitment they really are the grubs of the competition.

Bidding twice and then trading out? I think SOS did that one year for Carlton.

Is it illegal, absolutely not, does it pass the pub test? They are going to get some good pay back in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no doubt it was genuine & Sydney rate MM as a 1st rounder.

No issue for us as we had plenty of late pick points after trading out our 2nd for North's future 2nd.

GWS on the other hand... can't recall the next pick being used for matching before.... no wonder McCartney looked pissed off!

No issue for us as we had plenty of late pick points after trading out our 2nd for North's future 2nd.

GWS on the other hand... can't recall the next pick being used for matching before.... no wonder McCartney looked pissed off!
They had no choice, you can't skip a pick and use the others.

Market demand dictates the price.

Essendon did for JSOS (who Carlton were gonna take anyway)

I did lol at swans being giant pains in the ass with bids to buy time and then drafting the player in the pool who best resembles a pain in the ass (konstanty). Great irony.

Like what the eagles have done.
Giants must be furious with sydney im surprised they didnt try to trade some picks out before they matched the bid. They looked almost sad when they matched it.
Dont really understand weddle for hawthorn.
GWS deserved it after not bidding on Ashcroft despite knowing Brisbane would for sure match. You'd almost think Syd are aware it's a competition and GWS aren't. The guy had signed a 4 year deal with Brisbane, i don't understand why you wouldn't bid on Ashcroft. The dumbest thing i've seen since GC did the Bowes trade.

It’s funny Sydney have this squeaky clean image but when it comes to recruitment they really are the grubs of the competition.

Bidding twice and then trading out? I think SOS did that one year for Carlton.

Is it illegal, absolutely not, does it pass the pub test? They are going to get some good pay back in the future.

What I can’t work out is why on earth were you not prepared for it…that’s the ridiculous part. It was a free hit for us bid on a player with no go home factor. Why wouldn’t you trade the pick 15 up during the pick swaps you have a number of picks

I did lol at swans being giant pains in the ass with bids to buy time and then drafting the player in the pool who best resembles a pain in the ass (konstanty). Great irony.

Like what the eagles have done.
Giants must be furious with sydney im surprised they didnt try to trade some picks out before they matched the bid. They looked almost sad when they matched it.
Dont really understand weddle for hawthorn.

Charlie Clarke even worse. I want us to draft him.

They had no choice, you can't skip a pick and use the others.

They could have traded the pick though you are given a few minutes. It seems they were unprepared for any bid in the first round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back