List Mgmt. 2022 GWS GIANTS List Management (Trade/ Free Agency/ Draft/ Academy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Twomey in previous years has done a big recap piece from the first night of the draft (maybe it'll come out tomorrow and include the second night) and all the trades that got proposed that didn't end up going through, so hopefully we can get that again.

Parking the rubbish from yesterday for a moment how good was it to see Cadman, a Number 1 pick genuinely thrilled about the opportunity and happy to be selected by our club.

This young lad displays a really grateful, positive and lovely demeanour and it was so refreshing and warming to see.

Hope he has all the luck in his career and can be a great Giant.

F4C5D622-465A-469F-AF51-7DAB2E67F974.jpeg

Where do you see, if anywhere, other academy kids falling now - Madden, Lawrence, Curry
If a bid comes for Madden I believe we're likely to pass, the other two are no hope of going ND

View attachment 1563533

The draft last night encapsulated in a picture.
Where we allowed to trade 17 after swans bid ? Or did we know it then affects our next 2 picks, so just cop it in pick 17.
The real stuff up for me is the megatrade, did not need to be in it or give up 12.
Last night, we just had to let swans take Rowston, then take Allen with the next pick.
I am guessing we bid on Davey now.

Where we allowed to trade 17 after swans bid ? Or did we know it then affects our next 2 picks, so just cop it in pick 17.
We were allowed to trade, but given we would've just then lost 17 (traded) and 21 (used to match) it ends up being a net negative IMO given we wouldn't be able to trade it back in per rule.

Tonight will be interesting what sort of offers we get for the "first" pick or have we a player in mind that we don't want to miss so just use the pick. I have to say both Cadman and Jomes both seemed excited to be drafted by us which is nice.

Clarke and George the only two guys left that we've been consistently linked to? Maybe Hotton as well but considering they just took Rowston I feel like that makes less sense fit wise.

Clarke and George the only two guys left that we've been consistently linked to? Maybe Hotton as well but considering they just took Rowston I feel like that makes less sense fit wise.
I would opine that we didn't have too many mids, we had the wrong mids (i.e. slow, inside vs ouside, zippy). So, I would think that Hotton does fill a list need, and that another forward could be picked up later (e.g. Noah Long).

The question is what position we are now rating as next most important and which individual draftee do we have next on our talent list - do they match to an individual, or is there a decision to be made? Or are we after a future pick as being more important.

Only going to know at about 7.15 tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney phoned the Giants before the fateful bid with an ultimatum: either you lose a first-round pick this year matching Rowston, or you lose one next year.

One of the mooted offers was for the Swans to nab the Giants’ future first selection tied to Richmond and the Swans to slide back from 16 to 20.

It is believed another potential deal put forward by the Swans involved the Giants giving up two first round picks this year for the Swans’ pick 16 — a big sacrifice just to get ahead of the bid.

The Giants were unwilling to pay a king’s ransom, particularly in next year’s draft where the talent is rated highly, so they declined Sydney’s offer and sacrificed their pick in the teens to secure Rowston.

I think we should have 170 points left over after matching Rowston bid, do we not gain pick 58 for those points?
Probably mate, you guys where reemed last night, I was watching with some mates at a pub and we all thought it was a low act by the
Swans given the advantages they have over you. Bad for the game, like when they lowballed Adelaide to get Tippett for free.

Probably mate, you guys where reemed last night, I was watching with some mates at a pub and we all thought it was a low act by the
Swans given the advantages they have over you. Bad for the game, like when they lowballed Adelaide to get Tippett for free.
And when they did everything possible to keep Franklin from joining us including what certainly appeared when conjured an uncommercial tenure and when they manipulated the draft points system for their Academy player tampering with the system with West Coast causing another rule change.

They are 3rd rate scumbags.

Explains why some of the GWS personnel in the draft room looked filthy on live TV. I would too if I received a call like that from the Swans.
it gives a very different context to the reactions in the rooms.

I think we should have 170 points left over after matching Rowston bid, do we not gain pick 58 for those points?
No - if a first round bid is matched using a single first round pick, any left over points don't generate a new pick and are held over to put against the next bid that club needs to match, even if that's in later years. We've had this happen before. No idea what kind of loophole it's meant to close, but that's the way it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back