2023 Provisional AFL Draft Order (updated live throughout the season)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick swap: Hawthorn get #18, Sydney get #27, F2 (Haw) & F3 (Haw)

😆 it's been deleted.

Was Landsberger saying the two futures Hawthorn traded to Sydney were tied to the Hawks' own finishing position.

I wonder if it was wrong or if it had a typo and he wanted to repost it 🤔
Hawks twitter also saying it was theirs though.

Fox Footy saying they are the Hawks' picks.
And then after all of that, Sydney struck a deal with Hawthorn, sending out pick 18 in exchange for pick 27 plus the Hawks’ future second and third-round picks.

That could be an incredible deal for the Swans, given most expect the Hawks to be a wooden spoon contender in 2023. Sydney may end up giving away 18, but getting roughly 20, 27 and 40 – which would be a huge return.

Hey Lore, there’s a mistake with the third round pick we traded to Hawthorn.

We traded the Bulldog’s future third round pick to Hawthorn.

So we should hold our own future third round pick and Gold Coast’s future third round pick.

7BA0C004-0A43-40A3-ABD9-8881962B0A33.jpeg

So we should hold our own future third round pick and Gold Coast’s future third round pick.

View attachment 1564237
Yeah that's the one that Hawthorn and Sam Landsberger both initially reported as being Brisbane's own pick.

I've taken notes for any assumptions I've made so we can double check it once this draft is over.

There's a couple that might be misplaced but you should have the right number of picks in each round which is the main thing for me currently.

Yeah that's the one that Hawthorn and Sam Landsberger both initially reported as being Brisbane's own pick.

I've taken notes for any assumptions I've made so we can double check it once this draft is over.

There's a couple that might be misplaced but you should have the right number of picks in each round which is the main thing for me currently.

National Draft Day 2

Carlton get: pick 30
Collingwood get: F2 (tied to Carlton)

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 19.43.49.png

Adelaide get: 43, F2 (tied to GWS/GC?) and F3 (tied to Gold Coast/Geelong)
Gold Coast get: 79, F2 (tied to Adelaide) and F3 (tied to Collingwood)

The F2 traded to Adelaide could be either GWS or GC's, depending on which one GC got from Brisbane in the trade period.

The F3 traded to Adelaide could be either Gold Coast or Geelong's. I assumed GC's own, but it's now confirmed as Geelong's by Adelaide, who later on-traded it (see above/below)

The F2 traded to Gold Coast had to be Adelaide's own, as it's the only one they had.

The F3 traded to Gold Coast must be tied to Collingwood as the only other one Gold Coast had came from Adelaide in the first place, and can't be traded back to them (unless it's been elsewhere first...)

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 20.01.58.png

Adelaide get: pick 50
Brisbane get: F3 (thought to be Gold Coast's, actually Geelong's)

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 20.48.31.png

Hawthorn get: pick 51
GWS get: F4 (tied to Bris)

Only one that Hawthorn has atm.

View attachment 1564237

Now fixed with regard to these two issues ^

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 22.39.12.png

Geelong with the long wait next year between 1st and second picks at the moment.

Yep although no doubt we will have a couple of players leave via trade that will bring in picks in the 40s etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's fixed for now, something happened with the ladder scrape and that led to cascading issues with traded picks. It should be right now, or as right as it was on the night of November 30, but let me know if there's anything that looks dodgy.

The two priority picks that were traded from North to Freo will probably break every time North's ladder position changes, and with it perhaps other issues with the 2nd and 3rd rounders that trade places with the priority picks. I will probably have to fix it manually each week...

Just a thought.

Not sure if it's feasible but could an editable draft order work?

You'd do a ladder prediction and, whatever position you have the team on, the draft order adjusts accordingly.
It’s extremely easy to do, I used to have a tab that was based on the squiggle’s predicted ladder, and I could really type anything into the ladder tab and the rest would update accordingly as long as the team names are spelled consistently.

Can’t really do it in a way that other people can type in their own ladder predictions though. Would have to build a website or something for it, which I don’t have the time or inclination to do, not to mention all the additional maintenance every time it breaks (the google sheet is a bit unreliable in an ordinary year, let alone with the moving targets that north’s trades priority picks create).

It’s extremely easy to do, I used to have a tab that was based on the squiggle’s predicted ladder, and I could really type anything into the ladder tab and the rest would update accordingly as long as the team names are spelled consistently.

Can’t really do it in a way that other people can type in their own ladder predictions though. Would have to build a website or something for it, which I don’t have the time or inclination to do, not to mention all the additional maintenance every time it breaks (the google sheet is a bit unreliable in an ordinary year, let alone with the moving targets that north’s trades priority picks create).

Yeah that's all understandable, malleable and straightforward.

Just thought I'd suggest it as it was an idea needing to escape.

Round 1, 2023
Round 2, 2023
I think I've found a way to automatically insert the priority picks in the spreadsheet so it should stay up to date permanently... including mid-round while a game is going.

But keep an eye on it and let me know if it breaks :grinv1:

I think I've found a way to automatically insert the priority picks in the spreadsheet so it should stay up to date permanently... including mid-round while a game is going.

But keep an eye on it and let me know if it breaks :grinv1:
Seems the coded sheet is incorrect? I’ve posted a link to it on our board and it doesn’t have all our picks.

We have Dogs third and Geelongs fourth.

Last edited:
Seems the coded sheet is incorrect? I’ve posted a link to it on our board and it doesn’t have all our picks.

We have Dogs third and Geelongs fourth.
The third rounder is probably something that derped with the PP fix, I’ll look at it properly when I get on a computer.

The fourth rounder you had (which I have as tied to Brisbane but that could be a mix up), it seems to have been live traded to GWS during the draft last year, when it was the only one you had.

Would you happen to know anything else about that 4th rounder? Who it was traded for etc (will cross reference any info you have to make sure it’s accurate when I’m on a computer).

The third rounder is probably something that derped with the PP fix, I’ll look at it properly when I get on a computer.

The fourth rounder you had (which I have as tied to Brisbane but that could be a mix up), it seems to have been live traded to GWS during the draft last year, when it was the only one you had.

Would you happen to know anything else about that 4th rounder? Who it was traded for etc (will cross reference any info you have to make sure it’s accurate when I’m on a computer).
The 4th round pick tied to Brisbane was traded to GWS for Pick 51 which Hawthorn used on Bailey MacDonald.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back