pushintheback

All Australian
May 31, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
PMBangers

Big tick from a Collingwood perspective IMO

Jefferson = I'm a fanboy so I love this
Barnett = My 2nd prefference for our 1st pick after Jefferson so obviously love this
Gruzewski = I like and may be best available but after Jefferson & Barnett a small like Burgiel might be better for list balance

Also:
Bidding on Davey = Tick
Bidding on Rowston = Tick
aaah My Boy Gruz. No one rated him. But now everyone loves him. I called it very early. :cool:

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
PMBangers how highly do you rate Hewett?

Lots of rumours that Saints are willing to trade out of next years draft to get him.

I watched all his champs games, and whilst his first was definitely impressive he was average at best after that.

I'm nervous we would be making a huge mistake, especially with the way next years draft is rated.
He's going to be great for anyone that can find him a role early days where he can still impact consistently, but that difference between his worst and best is pretty big at the moment, so the key is going to be slimming that gap down. In terms of next year, I don't think he's worth a top 10 Pick as it stands, so it's a risk for sure

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Gonna go early and thank you for this thread PMBangers.

I'll look forward to following your 2023 thread whenever it's created.

Oh, and 2024 when it's the right time.

What started as another crop of names has turned into the most speculative in the digital age. (2023 and 2024 might top this.)

Jun 24, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

What started as another crop of names has turned into the most speculative in the digital age. (2023 and 2024 might top this.)
I'm personally more excited for his 2025 thread, I think it might be a rough few years for Bangers while he really makes the BigFooty draft board his own. Maybe a move to a more mature, American, initialism-based forum for his thoughts will see him truly come into his own as an AFL Draft Expert and financial advisor.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
He's going to be great for anyone that can find him a role early days where he can still impact consistently, but that difference between his worst and best is pretty big at the moment, so the key is going to be slimming that gap down. In terms of next year, I don't think he's worth a top 10 Pick as it stands, so it's a risk for sure
Latest article suggests we are looking at using a future 2nd (I assume we'd be throwing in one of our current 2nd rounders) to trade back into the draft and get him.

I'd be much more comfortable with doing that.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
I'm personally more excited for his 2025 thread, I think it might be a rough few years for Bangers while he really makes the BigFooty draft board his own. Maybe a move to a more mature, American, initialism-based forum for his thoughts will see him truly come into his own as an AFL Draft Expert and financial advisor.
I have about $5 to my name so I wouldn't be taking any financial advice from me

Yet
Latest article suggests we are looking at using a future 2nd (I assume we'd be throwing in one of our current 2nd rounders) to trade back into the draft and get him.

Would be a good deal if you pull it off for sure, hopefully it's not for our 15!

bh90210fan

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast

Think West Coast would trump that offer if we want him.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams

There will be no further threads, to save myself from heartache I will stop watching junior football so I don't get too attached to the idea of drafting players

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Players for the rookie list? Anyone over looked you think should be on a list?
Szybkowski is great value for mine, but athletic limitations for a midfielder make it hard to see a club taking him on even as a rookie unfortunately. Gilbey, Sadler, O'Keeffe and Teal are guys I think deserve a shot as well, but expect the rookie draft to be used as a means of recycling talent mostly

Szybkowski is great value for mine, but athletic limitations for a midfielder make it hard to see a club taking him on even as a rookie unfortunately. Gilbey, Sadler, O'Keeffe and Teal are guys I think deserve a shot as well, but expect the rookie draft to be used as a means of recycling talent mostly
Still hoping for Mitch in the PSD

pushintheback

All Australian
May 31, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Szybkowski, Teal, Drury, O'Keefe all incredibly unlucky not to get selected IMO.

sydney_gws

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
qpr
What did you make of Sydney's Rowston bid.
What could GWS have done differently?
Do you think we could/ should have traded them the pick for Richmond's 2023r1?

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
What did you make of Sydney's Rowston bid.
What could GWS have done differently?
Do you think we could/ should have traded them the pick for Richmond's 2023r1?
My impression was they were demanding our next selection as well as a future first in order for us to jump ahead of the bid, so I think we went the best way possible and just copped it rather than pay two first rounders, just to be forced to match a bid a few picks later

Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
My impression was they were demanding our next selection as well as a future first in order for us to jump ahead of the bid, so I think we went the best way possible and just copped it rather than pay two first rounders, just to be forced to match a bid a few picks later

I had a feeling it was going to kick off between us. Go home factor, multiple picks and some similar needs.

I'd convinced myself 14,17 would get 3 of your early picks and we would trade whatever one got us the best value later on. Hindsight and all that.

I'm still surprised we didn't have Weddle ahead of Rowston on our board by I've given up trying to preempt Beatson and Dalrymple. They're phantom draft kryptonite

Back