Fixture 2023 Fixture News & Leaks : Round 1 Released, see OP

Seattle Mariners

Team Captain
Sep 14, 2022
AFL Club
Melbourne
Next week surely? My bet is Monday we will get the details of the "magic round" fixture, Tuesday we will get Round 1 leaked then Thurs or Friday the whole entire 2023 fixture to be released?
I’m not so sure about next week.

We’ve literally had nothing from the media this week which suggests to me that the fixture is far from finalised.

Lets Roar like '44

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
They want everything at this point in time about AFLW Grand Final.
I’ve literally seen nothing on tv about the GF. Ok I don’t watch tv 24/7 but the AFL GF I don’t have to go far to know it was on, it’s everywhere. I think the afl website are the only ones trying to care about it.

Back to the fixture, I look forward to it, but the reading of the fixture might take 2-3 mins. Hardly a world stopper event.

It would be nice if the fixture came out before membership renewals were due.
It would be nice if they announced all the times and dates of every round for 2023 way before the season begins as well.

#oldfashioned

parano1a

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
It would be nice if the fixture came out before membership renewals were due.
Does anyone make the decision on whether or not to join/renew as a member based on their team's fixture?
Anyway, you know the amount of home games you'll get and at what venues, just not the opponents or dates.

Have heard that West Coast and Fremantle will play each other twice this season, with both games to be played at Optus Stadium.
Wow, I heard that Adelaide is playing Port Adelaide each other twice next year at Adelaide Oval as well.

Absolutely shocking by the AFL, if true :eekv1:

#stateofthegame

Have heard that West Coast and Fremantle will play each other twice this season, with both games to be played at Optus Stadium.
Wow, I heard that Adelaide is playing Port Adelaide each other twice next year at Adelaide Oval as well.

Absolutely shocking by the AFL, if true :eekv1:

#stateofthegame
Ridiculous. You two clearly need reminding that this is not the place for wild speculation. Save it for the scandals and rumours board 🤭

Ridiculous. You two clearly need reminding that this is not the place for wild speculation. Save it for the scandals and rumours board 🤭
Fire Crypto GIF by Chubbiverse

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Does anyone make the decision on whether or not to join/renew as a member based on their team's fixture?
Anyway, you know the amount of home games you'll get and at what venues, just not the opponents or dates.
For Geelong supporters the number of home games has varied a bit from 8 or 9. If you are buying a seat as well then that extra game can add up to quite a bit of value. It may not stop you buying a membership or not but it's a bit rich for a club to set a price for something before knowing how much you get for it.

Also some people say might play footy Saturday afternoons or work Friday nights, etc. The number of games you are able to attend might rely heavily upon the fixture.

Mar 12, 2003
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane
Vic Lions members are certainly thinking twice or more about not renewing after only getting 4 games last year. (And no Geelong and Ballarat do not count as Melbourne games. And neither does Hobart or Launceston, despite how some try to spin it.)

Dec 18, 2013
Leaning against the boundary fence
AFL Club
Carlton
Gone are the days when the then-VFL would release the fixture the day before the 1st cricket Test, thereby ensuring that the back page of most newspapers was all about next season's fixture instead of the cricket. A PR masterstroke by the VFL.

From memory, the AFL did it for a few seasons too before they decided that holding the draft the day before the Test gave them more publicity. Even more cunning was holding the draft over two days in the lead-up to today's Test (what? is the cricket on today?).

Seattle Mariners

Team Captain
Sep 14, 2022
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gone are the days when the then-VFL would release the fixture the day before the 1st cricket Test, thereby ensuring that the back page of most newspapers was all about next season's fixture instead of the cricket. A PR masterstroke by the VFL.

From memory, the AFL did it for a few seasons too before they decided that holding the draft the day before the Test gave them more publicity. Even more cunning was holding the draft over two days in the lead-up to today's Test (what? is the cricket on today?).
The AFL prior to COVID generally released the fixture between late October and mid November.
Now it's much later. Even this year without the threat of border closures.

Back