Game Day 2022 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Shameless Plug For Game Preview Voting
While you're here, take a few minutes out of your Draft Day(s) to cast a vote on the 2022 Game Previews poll.

Gilbey, Serong, Hagan can all come and do some training with us.

Gilbey broke his leg from memory so perhaps it is a case of let’s see how he has recovered before biting the bullet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the plan was always a mature ruck in the rookie draft then I'm not sure the need of going for Knobel, depends how the club wants to use Jackson I suppose
Pretty sure Walls explicity said they wanted a developing ruck. Not sure why though when Darcy and Jackson are still young.

From the start of 2022, we have seen the exit of 7 midfield types (Mundy, Acres, Crowden, Western, Tucker, Blakely, Valente) and only brought in 2 midfielders (O'Meara, Wagner).

Along with these ruck moves, I can't help but think we are committed to Jackson playing as some kind of hybrid mid.

If the plan was always a mature ruck in the rookie draft then I'm not sure the need of going for Knobel, depends how the club wants to use Jackson I suppose
2 main rucks. 2 back up rucks - only one of which is ready to go. Makes perfect sense

A couple of clubs this season were left with no rucks for a game or two - from memory GCS and Hawks. Riedy is the backup while Knobel will take a couple of years development. Sound recruiting.

Roy Benning not tall enough to be an AFL ruck.

Knobel should be able to develop in the Peel Reserves for a couple of seasons now alongside Benning. Reidy and Riley Smith can handle the seniors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back