World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup - Group D - (France, Australia, Denmark, Tunisia)

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, Channel 7 should be signing Owens and Bayliss tomorrow.

Owens presents the A-League on Paramount+, so she'll be in demand after the World Cup, for sure.

Where are all the Negative Nancys and Debbie Downers who wanted the coach and 80% of the team sacked after our loss to France?

The discussion about problems in Australian society being a cause of the loss to France were particularly disturbing.

Thankfully that discussion has proven to be utterly embarrassing for those who promoted that theory.

Not sure about using Japan '02 as evidence to the contrary. Broadcasters didn't have them by the balls anywhere near as much 20 years ago as they do now

Started watching the Netflix documentary about corruption in FIFA last night. If the content of the doco is accurate, I'd say that FIFA sold its soul to broadcasters long before Japan 2002.

Disappointed with Les Bleus fielding a b team. It distorts the competition and is unfair on Austrlalia / Denmark.

Luckily it didn't affect the outcome of the group. Think it would have been a big story if it did.
It's not France's problem, if they've earned the right to rest players, they're entitled to do that.

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 10.15.27 am.png

Is that Ben Keays? Lol

Started watching the Netflix documentary about corruption in FIFA last night. If the content of the doco is accurate, I'd say that FIFA sold its soul to broadcasters long before Japan 2002.
I wish I'd watched that documentary after Qatar so I could watch with a clear conscience. Supporting this world cup to the full extent is difficult now. FIFA is a slimy organization.

If my understanding is correct, Matthew Leckie just earned the FFA about $6 million with his goal against Denmark. Countries that fail to get out of the group stage get about $13 million from FIFA. Teams that reach the round of 16 get $19 million.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointed with Les Bleus fielding a b team. It distorts the competition and is unfair on Austrlalia / Denmark.

Luckily it didn't affect the outcome of the group. Think it would have been a big story if it did.
At the end of the day, France have to take care of themselves. So I can totally understand not being bothered with a loss and fielding a massively weakened side.

We lucked it all the way to here, like a high school student who somehow turns up to exams high and drunk and passes
300 minutes of clean sheets against Peru, Tunisia and Denmark is a lot of luck. Give credit when it's due. Wasn't convinced with Arnold but he has earnt an extension

This is our year! Scrape a draw against Denmark, beat Tunisia. Make it to the Round of 16, and then go on a cup run and win the thing.
You heard it here first :sunglasses:
Well I was almost right! Should've had more faith in the boys to beat Denmark - what a win, nothing in the world compares to the World Cup.

Must admit it's frustrating that a loud minority of Aus fans have such negative attitudes towards the squad and manager. Not saying there can't be criticism, but it was way over the top after losing to France (blaming video games and increasing rates in autism??? Lololol). Kalac can go back in his box as well.

Anyways, onto Argentina!

Well I was almost right! Should've had more faith in the boys to beat Denmark - what a win, nothing in the world compares to the World Cup.

Must admit it's frustrating that a loud minority of Aus fans have such negative attitudes towards the squad and manager. Not saying there can't be criticism, but it was way over the top after losing to France (blaming video games and increasing rates in autism??? Lololol). Kalac can go back in his box as well.

Anyways, onto Argentina!
In fairness the video games, obesity and autism was 1 person wasn't it? lmao

Anyways, onto Argentina!
Love it when kalac is wrong. 👍🏻 (Which is often)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back