List Mgmt. 2022 GWS GIANTS List Management (Trade/ Free Agency/ Draft/ Academy)

Remove this Banner Ad

PD returns for his year of on field coaching to decide if he wants to make the shift into the back room or the media.

Both options seem on the table for him after next season, and he deserves the time to figure out which move is the right one for him.

Madden's a meh! from my perspective, but Gilbee was once highly touted ... hopefully we can unlock those skills/attributes in a professional environment.

So poor ol' rookie Shaw got bounced without so much of a 'thanks, see ya'. He was a strange selection at the time, and ended strangely.

Madden's a meh! from my perspective, but Gilbee was once highly touted ... hopefully we can unlock those skills/attributes in a professional environment.

So poor ol' rookie Shaw got bounced without so much of a 'thanks, see ya'. He was a strange selection at the time, and ended strangely.
i imagine that he has always known where he stands.

Pretty sure they'll whack him into the VFL side and tell him he can play his way back in

Seems like they view Gruzewski as a forward instead of a defender in theory he seems like a nice pairing with Cadman hopefully it ends up that way.

How could you possibly know?
I don't know for certain obviously, but it seems everybody else rated sheezel, wardlaw ahead, although they are of course Vic Metro and keen to stay in Vic. If North only had one top 3 pick, I think they choose Sheezel or maybe Wardlaw.
I agree it is good to get Cadman, i would like to have kept pick 12.
I am happy to be proven wrong or my annoyance become irrelevant if Cadman has a 500 goal career.

I don't know for certain obviously, but it seems everybody else rated sheezel, wardlaw ahead, although they are of course Vic Metro and keen to stay in Vic. If North only had one top 3 pick, I think they choose Sheezel or maybe Wardlaw.
I am happy to be proven wrong or my annoyance become irrelevant if Cadman has a 500 goal career.
All the commentary before us going up the draft was which 2 of the 3 would be gone before our pick.

it is quite possible that Cadman would have been there at 3, but it certainly was being heavily debated, hence the trade. We'll never really know what would have happened had we not done it.

Hopefully this crop is like the Cats haul in 2001 which sets up a dynasty and everyone is talking about how how picks slipped to the 20' and 30's :)

North really need a key forward

Admittedly they need talent everywhere but they are really short on good key forwards

I would have expected them to take him

A quick, running side:

Cumming Taylor HH
Whitfield Buckley Fahey
Callaghan Cogs Kelly
Greene Cadman Stone
Daniels Hogan Jones

Preuss Green Perryman

Brown Aleer Ash Ward

(The kicking and ball movement out of the back half would be ridiculous).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A quick, running side:

Cumming Taylor HH
Whitfield Buckley Fahey
Callaghan Cogs Kelly
Greene Cadman Stone
Daniels Hogan Jones

Preuss Green Perryman

Brown Aleer Ash Ward

(The kicking and ball movement out of the back half would be ridiculous).
Plus a potentially great spine, if you rate such things.
I would think Bedford has the inside running over Jones, but I wouldn't be upset to see him in.

Plus a potentially great spine, if you rate such things.
I would think Bedford has the inside running over Jones, but I wouldn't be upset to see him in.
Would be pretty surprised if Bedford dones't play a heap this year, they've obviously targeted him with a role in mind and with some question marks (and potential) around the other small options

Would be pretty surprised if Bedford dones't play a heap this year, they've obviously targeted him with a role in mind and with some question marks (and potential) around the other small options
Agree re: Bedford. Also, Jones is well under weight to play AFL footy (by at least 10 kgs - 64kgs is barely one of Pruess' legs) ... I'd be surprised if he gets a game next year, certainly not more than a handful..

I also think you're missing Idun from that lineup! Buckley over Idun? Dunno where that notion comes from...

It doesn't please me to say it, but I suspect the end might come quickly for Haynes, particularly if HH stays playing back and Leek continues to develop into his intercepting role. I hope I'm wrong, because at his best he's been extraordinary, but last year was horrible for Haynes.

I like the idea, but maaaan it looks like a greener (not Greener) lineup than our best 22 last year. It also depends on Whitfield finding some form again, or Ash taking more responsibility. Upside is high, but this might be a hairy 12 months.

Agree re: Bedford. Also, Jones is well under weight to play AFL footy (by at least 10 kgs - 64kgs is barely one of Pruess' legs) ... I'd be surprised if he gets a game next year, certainly not more than a handful..

I also think you're missing Idun from that lineup! Buckley over Idun? Dunno where that notion comes from...

It doesn't please me to say it, but I suspect the end might come quickly for Haynes, particularly if HH stays playing back and Leek continues to develop into his intercepting role. I hope I'm wrong, because at his best he's been extraordinary, but last year was horrible for Haynes.

I like the idea, but maaaan it looks like a greener (not Greener) lineup than our best 22 last year. It also depends on Whitfield finding some form again, or Ash taking more responsibility. Upside is high, but this might be a hairy 12 months.
Don't think it's an either/or situation with Buckley and Idun, even though Buckley is giving up a couple cm he's shown that he can play KPF quite well and Idun is more used for smaller/medium types. Haynes looked pretty rough last at year but considering that's his first year looking like that and it was a pretty steep drop off I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that it was more due to injury/illness/being thrown around positions but if he comes out of the gates next year looking similar then we can probably put a fork in him and have to think who's taking his spot.

I don’t see Buckley and Idun competing for same spot.
I really like Idun too. I think he’s a great matchup for the Dusty and DeGoey types. Be interesting to see how it plays out.

I really like Idun too. I think he’s a great matchup for the Dusty and DeGoey types. Be interesting to see how it plays out.
The Smokey could be Brown. He’s more explosive than all of them. That chase down spoil on weightman at Marvel last year was amazing.

The Smokey could be Brown. He’s more explosive than all of them. That chase down spoil on weightman at Marvel last year was amazing.
Not sure I see it with Brown, great athlete and does some exciting stuff but never been a consistent presence throughout games.

Sure, but then we're one actual defender short in that backline; and I'd say Idun is more important to our backline that what Buckley might offer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back