5. 4D Printer feat. Kathy Lette
6. I'm Addicted To Moderation feat. Tim Rogers
7. I Hope You Get Laid For Christmas feat. Liz Stringer
8. Damian Cowell's Disco Machine Part Two feat. Julia Zemiro and Sam Pang
9. Folk Music Turns Me Into A Fascist feat. Emily Jarrett
10. Things I've Said In Job Interviews feat. John Safran
11. Groovy Toilet feat. Bek Chapman
12. I Wanna Be Loved (By Me) feat. The Bedroom Philosopher

Ok,never realized there was a Tism thread on big footy but there is and it's great to hear everyone's opinions and memories.
I'd say tism are one of the greatest bands ever.As a live act they are the greatest bar none,tism to live music is like Bradman to batting.
I've seen them play many,many times.The first time I saw them was around 1988 at Monash.I had recently purchased Great Trucking Songs,which I liked,so me and some mates went to check them out.I knew from their music they might be a bit weird but I still didn't expect what I saw.I didn't know about the Balaclavas,the costumes,the dance moves.That night my life changed and every tism show I saw up until the second last was an experience to say the least.
I have also seen Root and DC3 numerous times but it's not the same.It's good but not the greatest experience on earth like Tism was.
For me it's RHB all the way.
Actually I even saw Jock Cheese play solo at The Evelyn once to launch his solo album,was probably about 20 people there,I pre booked tickets thinking it might sell out lol.

I also saw him solo at a pub in the Blue Mountains
Nice,I remember him going to pull off his balaclava at the show I was at and thinking don't do it,then he did,only to reveal another balaclava.
It was a nice album with all songs written by Humphrey and Ron and the song titles were definitely tism.
Were there many people at the Blue Mountains gig?

Nice,I remember him going to pull off his balaclava at the show I was at and thinking don't do it,then he did,only to reveal another balaclava.
It was a nice album with all songs written by Humphrey and Ron and the song titles were definitely tism.
Were there many people at the Blue Mountains gig?
Nah not really mate, a lot of people I saw at Sydney TISM gigs

1. Jesus Barista Superstar feat. Lee Lin Chin
2. Damian Cowell's Disco Machine Part One feat. Shaun Micallef
3. Don't Hector The Safety Cat feat. Tony Martin
4. Epistemophobia feat. Kate Miller-Heidke
5. 4D Printer feat. Kathy Lette
6. I'm Addicted To Moderation feat. Tim Rogers
7. I Hope You Get Laid For Christmas feat. Liz Stringer
8. Damian Cowell's Disco Machine Part Two feat. Julia Zemiro and Sam Pang
9. Folk Music Turns Me Into A Fascist feat. Emily Jarrett
10. Things I've Said In Job Interviews feat. John Safran
11. Groovy Toilet feat. Bek Chapman
12. I Wanna Be Loved (By Me) feat. The Bedroom Philosopher

Ive been scouring the internet for roughly 14 years, joining forums trying to track down (as it turns out) the elusive TISM Hot Dogma tshirt for my now husband.. I need HELP!! In our first year together, we were tripping and i literally ripped his shirt from his chest and shredded it, not knowing it was a limited edition.. I have no compass when it comes to memorabilia, but i do know i cant find one anywhere.. i just missed out on the said tshirt on ebay in 2009, ive had one screen printed which just stretched and faded.. dispointment! I have the shreds and remnants in a drawer which has been with us in every house move since.. i vow to replace his hot dogma shirt before I die.. Any hints, tips or pointers you could share.. this is all on the low low as my husband has no idea ive been doing this for fourteen long years.. :) Thanks for lending your ear!

Ive been scouring the internet for roughly 14 years, joining forums trying to track down (as it turns out) the elusive TISM Hot Dogma tshirt for my now husband.. I need HELP!! In our first year together, we were tripping and i literally ripped his shirt from his chest and shredded it, not knowing it was a limited edition.. I have no compass when it comes to memorabilia, but i do know i cant find one anywhere.. i just missed out on the said tshirt on ebay in 2009, ive had one screen printed which just stretched and faded.. dispointment! I have the shreds and remnants in a drawer which has been with us in every house move since.. i vow to replace his hot dogma shirt before I die.. Any hints, tips or pointers you could share.. this is all on the low low as my husband has no idea ive been doing this for fourteen long years.. :) Thanks for lending your ear!

I've still got mine. Bought it at the Old Lion show in 1991.....and NO you can't have it.:D

I've still got mine. Bought it at the Old Lion show in 1991.....and NO you can't have it.:D
Oooh that is a low blow.. but understandably so... it hasnt gone amiss at tough these are to come by.. id appreciate a pic of the said shirt.. just to feel like im a little closer.. that they are out there in the universe.. bahahaha.. 14 years and i refuse to give up.. someone has got to be awesome enough to pass theirs on.. if you got any idea where i can search or go to find one.. please be kind enough to share..

If you can find a decent resolution of the pic, you can always get it printed.
There's a cool little store called Edition (used to be at Highpoint, now at Northland) - they'll print it for you ($45) on a great quality tee.

*i know it's not an original limited edition etc. but it'd a pretty decent substitute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bump. Does anyone have the iTunes bonus tracks they could 'share'. Or even just the standard back catalogue. As much as I love TISM I ain't paying $200 or whatever it ends up being just to listen to them. I really wish TISM was on Spotify.

Three secret shows!

Three upcoming festival dates!

Who's in?
Been to all 3 shows. Going on Friday. RHB, HBF, Jock and Eugene all been great. Lenin-McCartney been good putting his own spin on things. I’m 29 so it’s been my first chance and I’m lapping it up.

Been to all 3 shows. Going on Friday. RHB, HBF, Jock and Eugene all been great. Lenin-McCartney been good putting his own spin on things. I’m 29 so it’s been my first chance and I’m lapping it up.

Hell yeah, I've probably been on the barrier with you as I've been at all three too. Going to GT in Melbourne and Brisbane over the weekend.

Hell yeah, I've probably been on the barrier with you as I've been at all three too. Going to GT in Melbourne and Brisbane over the weekend.
They haven’t missed a beat. Like the 18 years apart never happened!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back