Prediction 2023 Ladder Prediction Thread

My big prediction is that WCE will make the 8, and that is the only thing we can all be certain of.

In no particular order

WCE

8th is up for grabs

My big prediction is that WCE will make the 8, and that is the only thing we can all be certain of.

In no particular order

WCE

8th is up for grabs
I like you

I like you
I'm telling ya I've never been wrong with my big predictions, West Coast will be back big time!

8th is up for grabs, but positions 1 to 7 (I don't know the order because I don't know everything) are a lock.

Believe me West Coast will not forget the teams that took advantage of their predicament this season. I can only hope Richmond don't get West Coast in Perth next season.

I'm telling ya I've never been wrong with my big predictions, West Coast will be back big time!

8th is up for grabs, but positions 1 to 7 (I don't know the order because I don't know everything) are a lock.

Believe me West Coast will not forget the teams that took advantage of their predicament this season. I can only hope Richmond don't get West Coast in Perth next season.
Pound it brother

1669883056058.gif

I would have thought West Coast are in for a world of pain in the coming years.

Ages by approx GF day next year:

36: Hurn
33: Nic Nat, Shuey
31: McGovern, Gaff, Darling, Cripps
30: Yeo
29: Kelly
28: Barrass, Sheed

Yikes.

Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC

I would have thought West Coast are in for a world of pain in the coming years.

Ages by approx GF day next year:

36: Hurn
33: Nic Nat, Shuey
31: McGovern, Gaff, Darling, Cripps
30: Yeo
29: Kelly
28: Barrass, Sheed

Yikes.

Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC
Yeah, having 4 of those guys 30 or under by the end of the season next year is extremely worrisome

I so badly wanted to put Sydney well down the ladder after that pathetic GF performance but I'm sure they'll be up there again. But I'm sure the footy public will be hoping they don't make the granny.

Can't see any changes to the Top 8 for 2023

Carl and Port potentially for Freo and WB?

There's pretty much always one or two sides that jump into the top 4 from outside the 8 (in every season since 2014 at least). With the comp being relatively even, I see no reason why that won't be the case again next year. My money is on Carlton but you could possibly mount an argument for 2-3 others to do so. I mean, nobody saw Collingwood's run coming, not to mention their GF appearance in 2018 after finishing 13th in 2017.

Big wait and see on us, if we're within touching distance of top 4 at the bye then expect us to come home with a wet sail with lots of home games.
Will make the first half of the season hard as you'd assume there'd be a lot of away games.
Especially given the short preseason and average age. We could be out of the 8 still at the half way point of the season. Fair bit has to go right

Hawthorn to win the spoon...can't get odds anywhere.
It's the only thing I haven't seen them win.
Will probably fluke a couple of wins against the top 8.

After never having seen my team with a spoon in my lifetime until last year, you aren't missing much.

The Tassie curse

Hawks/North need a tassie team to break the curse

1. Geelong
2. Melbourne
3. Sydney
4. Fremantle
5. Brisbane
6. Collingwood
7. Richmond
8. St Kilda
---------------------------------------------------------------------
9. Western Bulldogs
10. Carlton
11. Adelaide
12. Gold Coast
13. Essendon
14. Port Adelaide
15. Greater Western Sydney
16. West Coast
17. North Melbourne
18. Hawthorne

Freo
Bulldogs
Gold Coast

Port
Saints
GWS
North
Hawks

Hard ladder to pick. I always go for the tried and tested 2 new top 4 teams, one from outside & 1 from bottom half of eight. Port or Bulldogs unlucky.

I think Richmond will not be as good as people think due to age / reliant on a few older player so would need a huge injury free run. Geelong wheels could fall off without hunger but not going to fully go them, unlike Collingwood who won a lot of close matches so I think that run & a few key injuries would cripple them.

Can't see any changes to the Top 8 for 2023

Carl and Port potentially for Freo and WB?
Collingwood won a tonne of games by under a kick in 2022, can’t see them doing that again. Reckon they’re at more risk than anyone of going backwards.