Prediction 2023 All Star Game - Indigenous vs World. Who plays and who wins?

Which team wins the 2023 All Stars game?

• Indigenous

• World

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I've always thought they should do an Indigenous v African game pre season. This 'the world' crap is like the allies, there will be no passion for it from these so called world players. If touk and all the Sudanese boys were playing for an 'African' team there would be a lot more passion for it. There would be over 20 Africans in the AFL now, plus state league teams have heaps too, I think werribee alone has like 4 Sudanese guys in their team.

Especially since State of Origin makes so much sense.

Tier 1
Vic Metro
Vic Country
Western Australia

Tier 2
New South Wales/ACT
Queensland/NT
South Australia

Each team plays twice, done.

The AFL states really don't care about SOO.

Why risk players getting injured for a stupid pointless concept.

Leave it for that brain dead sport NRL and it's rugby states.

There is no real rivalry between most of the teams you put forth.

We are the only sports league in Australia that does not have a representative version of our game.

NRL, A-League, Rugby, even the bloody NBL all have it.

We are the only team sport where the best of the best do not get to play with or against each other.

Also I disagree as I think a rivalry would develop and it would rate really well, right up there with big AFL matches or even finals matches.

It's not a stupid concept it's representative football, something the game lacks despite being the true national code. It failed in the past coz Vic got too strong, split it into metro and country and the interest would return, especially in s.a and w.a.

It's also good to show all the leaguies in nsw and qld that actually, your states have nearly 100 players in the AFL, makes it embarrassing for a 2 state sport portraying itself as 'national'. Haven't the storm only had one Victorian player in nearly 30 years in the competition?

We are the only sports league in Australia that does not have a representative version of our game.

NRL, A-League, Rugby, even the bloody NBL all have it.

We are the only team sport where the best of the best do not get to play with or against each other.

Also I disagree as I think a rivalry would develop and it would rate really well, right up there with big AFL matches or even finals matches.

We don't need one.

We have a national competition that kills off any real state rivalry.

The best of the best are playing each other every round.

The only reason the rivalry works in NRL is because it's a small insular league played almost exclusively between two states. Same as Rugby.

A-League don't play state of origin.

NBL don't have state of origin either.

I don't think that the rivalries would build up because state rivalries are just stupid concepts.

The best of the best are playing each other every round.

No they aren't. I am talking about the best players in the league, and sure the best players in the league do play each week but not against each other.

To make a soccer analogy it would be like sending the Sydney FC team to play in the World Cup. No way is that squad as good as the Socceroos, just like no way any AFL team list would be good as a top representative team.

A Vic Metro or Vic Country team, with the proper training would beat any team in the AFL very easily.

No they aren't. I am talking about the best players in the league, and sure the best players in the league do play each week but not against each other.

To make a soccer analogy it would be like sending the Sydney FC team to play in the World Cup. No way is that squad as good as the Socceroos, just like no way any AFL team list would be good as a top representative team.

A Vic Metro or Vic Country team, with the proper training would beat any team in the AFL very easily.

So it's not the best of the best then.

You're already splitting Victoria into two teams so why would any Victorian want to go watch a weakened Victorian team?

That's not playing the best of the best.

And if Victoria sent it's absolute best side it would crush almost every other state team which ultimately just won't attract any sustainable following.

So it's not the best of the best then.

You're already splitting Victoria into two teams so why would any Victorian want to go watch a weakened Victorian team?

That's not playing the best of the best.

And if Victoria sent it's absolute best side it would crush almost every other state team which ultimately just won't attract any sustainable following.

Even so

Vic Metro
B: James Sicily - Jacob Weitering - Luke Ryan
HB: Jayden Short - Darcy Moore - Jack Sinclair
C: Ed Langdon - Jack Macrae - Bailey Smith
HF: Marcus Bontempelli - Joe Daniher - Toby Greene
F: Dylan Moore - Max King - Jordan de Goey
R: Max Gawn - Christian Petracca - Touk Miller
Int: Andrew Brayshaw - Luke Parker - Tom Mitchell - Adam Saad
SUB: Josh Kelly

Vic Country
B: Tom Stewart - Mark Blicavs - Jack Henry
HB: Sam Docherty - Jake Lever - Changkuoth Jiath
C: Sam Walsh - Clayton Oliver - Hugh McCluggage
HF: Dustin Martin - Tom Lynch - Patrick Dangerfield
F: Charlie Curnow - Jeremy Cameron - Tom Papley
R: Rowan Marshall - Ollie Wines - Darcy Parish
Int: Jack Crisp - Zach Merrett - Travis Boak - Josh Dunkley
SUB: Jake Lloyd

Name one team in the AFL that beats either of those teams and just as a fan, wouldn't you like to see those two teams actually playing?

Even so

Vic Metro
B: James Sicily - Jacob Weitering - Luke Ryan
HB: Jayden Short - Darcy Moore - Jack Sinclair
C: Ed Langdon - Jack Macrae - Bailey Smith
HF: Marcus Bontempelli - Joe Daniher - Toby Greene
F: Dylan Moore - Max King - Jordan de Goey
R: Max Gawn - Christian Petracca - Touk Miller
Int: Andrew Brayshaw - Luke Parker - Tom Mitchell - Adam Saad
SUB: Josh Kelly

Vic Country
B: Tom Stewart - Mark Blicavs - Jack Henry
HB: Sam Docherty - Jake Lever - Changkuoth Jiath
C: Sam Walsh - Clayton Oliver - Hugh McCluggage
HF: Dustin Martin - Tom Lynch - Patrick Dangerfield
F: Charlie Curnow - Jeremy Cameron - Tom Papley
R: Rowan Marshall - Ollie Wines - Darcy Parish
Int: Jack Crisp - Zach Merrett - Travis Boak - Josh Dunkley
SUB: Jake Lloyd

Name one team in the AFL that beats either of those teams and just as a fan, wouldn't you like to see those two teams actually playing?

I don't barrack for either of those teams so I wouldn't go watch them play.

I'm not going to go barrack for other teams players.

Especially given there's a few I can't stand.

Leave the rep footy up to the lower leagues. The elite league doesn't really need it. Especially when it will just be the same teams who dominate all the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too many employees
They also pay * all, had a recruiter contact me for a role at my a few years ago and it was legitimately 70% of what I was making previously. They told me it was a good opportunity to work for the biggest sporting body in Australia.

My prior role was for one of the biggest sporting bodies in Europe 🙄

I’m sure their Execs are paid handsomely though !!

Afl attempt to pretend they are competing with world cup soccer.

It's dead set embarrassing and an insult to fans.

Don't start me on how good the soccer commentary is compared to the absolute embarrassing crap we have to put up with from the afl.

If I have to hear that total knob jockey Kevin "shifter" Sheehan try and tell me some 17yo kid who has never played is a "star" with "great character" and a "leader" I don't know what I'll do.

The low key nature and lack of wank in the soccer commentary is a breath of fresh air.

Haven't heard the word "superstar" once.

Thank christ.

You can see what killed off state of origin, the absolute sooking on here when the AFL try something new is ridiculous.

The game is in February, plenty of time before the real season and promotes the game to indigenous and other cultures. It's a good thing, hell the NRL just hosted a world cup off the back of some expats from western sydney and a few wet areas in northern England.

Back