Preview Pre-Season 2023

Will update with leader details once known, looks like Cooper went back to back and with possibly a big margin

Last edited:

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Surely you are a member!
Haha I was in 2021 but found I didn't really get enough value for it especially if I'm rostered on to work and can't get to the game it's just too expensive. Just cheaper to get tickets for the games I can make it too.

Anything good?
  • Hamilton, Fleeton his standouts in the trial
  • New/different feel about the place with new coaching group, new game style, training drills, plays etc etc
  • Next few weeks before Christmas break will be implementing all of the above
  • He’s excited with the game plan that’s being rolled out

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS

About halfway through starts talking a bit more about his decision to leave, says he told some of the boys before the season ended so was in the works for a while, speaks highly of Finn and Leek as well, says one of the main reasons he left is because of the glut of inside mids (I'm sure the massive contract that we couldn't compete with helped as well) and thinks that was a real detriment to the team during games.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
Kingsley's interview a couple of days ago was interesting.

He was asked what a successful season in real terms looks like and "was the top 8 on par, is that what the target is?"

He answers "Who knows?', and then commenting on the rapid ascent of Collingwood, "Are we able to do that? I don't know. I don't know". He also said we need to show up "each and every week, to give our best", and "Who knows where that could take us...hopefully finish as high as possible".

Sounds more uncertain than anything else. At least he's aware of the inconsistency problem.

Last edited:

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Kingsley's interview a couple of days ago was interesting.

He was asked what a successful season in real terms looks like and "was the top 8 on par, is that what the target is?"

He answers "Who knows?', and then commenting on rapid ascent of Collingwood, "Are we able to do that? I don't know. I don't know". He also said we need to show up "each and every week, to give our best", and "Who knows where that could take us...hopefully finish as high as possible".

Sounds more uncertain than anything else. At least he's aware of the inconsistency problem.
Yeah noticed this as well, really seems like he's tempering expectations so far. Was hoping to hear him be a bit more optimistic and ambitious then what we've heard so far but maybe that's just his style to play things down for now.

domologue

Senior List
Aug 9, 2022
AFL Club
GWS
So... prempting a new (but young) KPF arriving post draft; do we keep playing HH back, or do we think he plays forward again in 2023?

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
Yeah noticed this as well, really seems like he's tempering expectations so far. Was hoping to hear him be a bit more optimistic and ambitious then what we've heard so far but maybe that's just his style to play things down for now.
He might be tempering expectations, but I wouldn't be surprised if he harbours real doubts somewhere about the list.

Imagine asking Dave Matthews if he thought Kingsley would be a successful coach, and he answered "Who knows?", or "Is he able to do that? I don't know. I don't know".

It makes you wonder.

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
So... prempting a new (but young) KPF arriving post draft; do we keep playing HH back, or do we think he plays forward again in 2023?
Where he ends up playing I'm not sure but hope we continue to see him down back, was truly one of the best rebound/interceptor in the competition last year when he played down there.

May 24, 2014
Canberra Region
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Ricciardo#3, Sydney Thunder
He might be tempering expectations, but I wouldn't be surprised if he harbours real doubts somewhere about the list.

Imagine asking Dave Matthews if he thought Kingsley would be a successful coach, and he answered "Who knows?", or "Is he able to do that? I don't know. I don't know".

It makes you wonder.
Fly no more upbeat in his first presser. Both speak well at the start of their tenure and play down expectations, but time will tell how Adam turns out by September 2023.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Round 1 for 2023 has been released:

Every Victorian club will play in Melbourne in round one, with Alastair Clarkson's reign as North Melbourne coach beginning against West Coast at Marvel Stadium on Saturday afternoon and Melbourne meeting the Bulldogs at the MCG that night.

Sunday's early game will see Adam Kingsley at the helm of Greater Western Sydney for the first time against Adelaide at Giants Stadium.

Sunday, March 19
Greater Western Sydney v Adelaide, Giants Stadium, 1.10pm AEDT, Fox

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW

Cadman carrying on Number 5 from the GWV Rebels

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Taranto took out Richmond’s 2km time trial with 6:15.
Slower than I thought.
Hamilton would beat him by half a lap.

Back