Analysis Would the stand rule still have been introduced if Geelong had won the 2020 premiership?

Feb 12, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Both minor nuisances. Neither come close to the pain we inflicted on Geelong by smashing you in 3 finals on the way to the 3 flags that caused the Geelong meltdown that precipitated the introduction of the stand rule in the first place. I mean you gotta be messed up pretty bad to have to go to those lengths to try to stop the Tigernaut. 😁
So all it took to stop this Tigernaut and have them humiliate themselves in finals - provided they qualify - is not allowing the man on the mark to move? We've seen powerful teams be taken down by new tactics or plain old father time, but getting done in by the man on the mark rule is probably the most pathetic way to go out. :grinv1:

FC Koln

Draftee
Dec 3, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
If you could only pick one, what gets under the skin of you Tiggies more, the stand rule or the score review ARC? Both are a sour point, but which one really gets you guys hot under the collar? The stand rule was great but I feel the ARC after the events of the elim final may have surpassed it.
Stand rule way worse in my opinion. I remember reading an article in the Age before season 2022 where the lifeblood of the game (the fans) wanted the statue on the mark rule scrapped, but the AFL not giving a sh*t what the fans wanted went ahead and kept it anyway, we all know why.

Brutal post. 🤣 You lot the lamest Premiership trolls ever. Much better suited when you were all deliriously happy “just making finals” each year. 😁
So, like Richmond 1983 to 2016 you mean?

FC Koln

Draftee
Dec 3, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Hocking and Geelong, right? :smilev1:
We all know why.

Listen, the AFL know that scoring averages in '21 and '22 did not surpass '17. It is a fact that the AFL was complaing about scoring in 2017, so if intention for bringing in the statue on the mark rule was to increase scoring then the rule is a failure, but if the intention was to try stop Richmond by prompting/assisting Geelong in moving the ball quicker rather then wait for Geelong to come up with a plan on their own, then it was a success.

I believe that when the AFL sycophant media were seen talking up this season (more than even the '21 season) that had lower scoring than in 2017 that that was the proof why the statue on the mark rule was brought in and deemed a success, and also the reason it was kept after '21 against the wishes of the lifeblood of the game (the fans).

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Meteoric Rise

Born:

Supports: Richmond FC

Lifetime Richmond v Geelong summary:

Premierships:
Richmond 8 v Geelong 4

B2B Premierships: Richmond 73-74, 19-20. Geelong: 😥

Longest Premiership drought: Richmond 36 seasons 😩. Geelong 40 seasons 😱

Say that again: Geelong had a 40 season Premiership drought in my lifetime, dwarfing Richmond’s minor 36 year hiatus. 😁

Boxhead, honestly. I expect better troll queries from you. 😉

Feb 12, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
We all know why.

Listen, the AFL know that scoring averages in '21 and '22 did not surpass '17. It is a fact that the AFL was complaing about scoring in 2017, so if intention for bringing in the statue on the mark rule was to increase scoring then the rule is a failure, but if the intention was to try stop Richmond by prompting/assisting Geelong in moving the ball quicker rather then wait for Geelong to come up with a plan on their own, then it was a success.

I believe that when the AFL sycophant media were seen talking up this season (more than even the '21 season) that had lower scoring than in 2017 that that was the proof why the statue on the mark rule was brought in and deemed a success, and also the reason it was kept after '21 against the wishes of the lifeblood of the game (the fans).
TLDR = it's a Geelong/Hocking/Whateley conspiracy why the little Tiggies are experiencing a finals win drought again. :roflv1:

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond

Do we really need to bring up your 44 year drought? Don’t keep punishing yourselves, we beat you in literally everything and you know it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Meteoric Rise

Born:

Supports: Richmond FC

Lifetime Richmond v Geelong summary:

Premierships:
Richmond 8 v Geelong 4

B2B Premierships: Richmond 73-74, 19-20. Geelong: 😥

Longest Premiership drought: Richmond 36 seasons 😩. Geelong 40 seasons 😱

Say that again: Geelong had a 40 season Premiership drought in my lifetime, dwarfing Richmond’s minor 36 year hiatus. 😁

Boxhead, honestly. I expect better troll queries from you. 😉
So more of your life has been wasted supporting a team that has been the very definition of mediocre.
Thanks for confirming that Boomer

Do we really need to bring up your 44 year drought? Don’t keep punishing yourselves, we beat you in literally everything and you know it.

When you're right you're right.
You lead the wooden spoon count over Geelong and the recency stakes of the wooden spoons won as well
Magnificent effort

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
When you're right you're right.
You lead the wooden spoon count over Geelong and the recency stakes of the wooden spoons won as well
Magnificent effort

My favourite one is Castanga has more flags than GAJ and GAS combined!!! Seriously why would you follow your club 🤣🤣🤣

FC Koln

Draftee
Dec 3, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
TLDR = it's a Geelong/Hocking/Whateley conspiracy why the little Tiggies are experiencing a finals win drought again. :roflv1:
Leave Gerard alone, all he did was let the AFL universe know that something so "radical" was going to happen after the 2020 season, when responding to Robbo asking: "but what is their system, it's just pressure isn't it, they can all do that?" To which Gerard Whateley responded: "if they could, they would."

So what you Geelong supporters gotta do now is stop being trolls and admit to the AFL universe (and Richmond fans in particular) that if you could've come up with a plan on your own to beat Ricmond, you would've, you couldn't, so the statue on the mark rule was introduced. Do this, and that dark cloud hanging over the game doesn't have to carry over to next season?

Back