F1 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Malaysia disappeared because they didn't want to pay the exorbitant fees any more, which would've only increased exponentially in the last 2 years.
A shame since it's the best of all the Tilkedromes.

Confirmation today that the SA Premier Malinauskas made contact with the FIA after his election earlier this year to discuss the possibility of the F1 GP returning to an Adelaide street circuit, including as a replacement for the cancelled Chinese Grand Prix after the Melbourne race next year, meaning 2 consecutive Australian based GPs for 2023.

Answer was no. Negotiations were already in place for a European replacement for 2023 (Portugal?) and Melbourne is locked in for future years. $$$ obviously an issue.

Given the focus on the US and the Middle East that is the end of that discussion of Adelaide ever hosting another F1 race in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Confirmation today that the SA Premier Malinauskas made contact with the FIA after his election earlier this year to discuss the possibility of the F1 GP returning to an Adelaide street circuit, including as a replacement for the cancelled Chinese Grand Prix after the Melbourne race next year, meaning 2 consecutive Australian based GPs for 2023.

Answer was no. Negotiations were already in place for a European replacement for 2023 (Portugal?) and Melbourne is locked in for future years. $$$ obviously an issue.

Given the focus on the US and the Middle East that is the end of that discussion of Adelaide ever hosting another F1 race in the foreseeable future.
They hate the Melbourne race already given it's lack of viewership across the world. They won't put anymore races in Asia unless someone stumps up cash or it's the middle east.

They hate the Melbourne race already given it's lack of viewership across the world. They won't put anymore races in Asia unless someone stumps up cash or it's the middle east.
Or night races. Remember they wanted Melbourne to be the first night race before Singapore took advantage of it.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

If they made Melbourne a night race it would solve the viewership issues in Europe but create issues in America. 7:30pm start for example is 8:30am in England and 9:30am in mainland Europe (if I got the time difference right) whereas it would be 1:30am on the east coast of Yank Land.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they made Melbourne a night race it would solve the viewership issues in Europe but create issues in America. 7:30pm start for example is 8:30am in England and 9:30am in mainland Europe (if I got the time difference right) whereas it would be 1:30am on the east coast of Yank Land.
1670251121899.png
Most races suck for US Time zones as is. That's why they want more US Races on the calendar, as the only way to get good races in US Time zones is to either
1. Have night races in Europe
2. Have early morning races in Europe
3. Race in the US

Last edited:
View attachment 1568097
Most races suck for US Time zones as is. That's why they want more US Races on the calendar, as the only way to get good races in US Time zones is to either
3. Race in the US
What app is that screen grab from?

View attachment 1568097
3. Race in the US
They don't have to have more races in the USA - anywhere in the Americas will suit them as far as time zones go. Note that we already have races in Brazil, Mexico & Canada, which are in US time zones (or close to it). Maybe they could give one to Argentina, or a second one in Canada?

Remember when Bernie tried to scrap the Aus GP when they didn't change to a night race?
If Malaysia/Vietnam/Korea want to come back, Liberty could hold them over a barrel over hosting fees and time slot demands.

What app is that screen grab from?

Very handy site

They don't have to have more races in the USA - anywhere in the Americas will suit them as far as time zones go. Note that we already have races in Brazil, Mexico & Canada, which are in US time zones (or close to it). Maybe they could give one to Argentina, or a second one in Canada?
Yep should have said Americas in general.

View attachment 1568097
3. Race in the US
Que? If they have a 3-4pm race in Europe (standard these days is 3pm) it's 10:00am in the eastern time zone and 7am US. Not great but a lot better than an early morning European race.

That's a lot of people at Victoria's worst race track ;)
Hopefully the F2 and F3 races are good.

Having seen them a few times at Euro races, the F2 and F3 are thoroughly entertaining. The cars sound cool, there's a lot more of them, and the young drivers at the wheel love a dive bomb/hard racing. Usually plenty of action happening and you'd think this would be ramped up on a track almost 0% of them would have ever driven before.

Over 50% (yes I made that up) go to the F1 as a social event.
I once went on a corporate ticket, in a suite just past pit exit.
Fantastic viewing, food and booze.
But by 11am, the ladies who had spent hours dressing up and pasting on their face, were simply shitfaced on the free booze. The men, not so much dressed up, were no less shitfaced.
To find someone to talk to who was interested in the cars and the men in the cockpits, was like the proverbial needle in a haystack.
Not at all surprised it’s an almost sellout after three years of lockdowns.

But by 11am, the ladies who had spent hours dressing up and pasting on their face, were simply shitfaced on the free booze. The men, not so much dressed up, were no less shitfaced.
To find someone to talk to who was interested in the cars and the men in the cockpits, was like the proverbial needle in a haystack.
I went a few years back and chatted with some locals who had gone every year and they said it'd gotten harder to find people who could actually name even some of the drivers.

We have only missed 2 GP not 3, was sold out this year as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back