World Cup 2022 Qatar FIFA World Cup (Quarter Finals) - On SBS

Remove this Banner Ad

Netherlands advance.

Remaining teams via rank. (7 more teams to be removed)

1. Brazil
3. Argentina
4. France
5. England
7. Spain
8. Netherlands
9. Portugal
12. Croatia
15. Switzerland
18. Senegal
22. Morocco
24. Japan
26. Poland
28. South Korea
38. Australia

Argentina advance.

Remaining teams via rank. (6 more teams to be removed)

1. Brazil
3. Argentina
4. France
5. England
7. Spain
8. Netherlands
9. Portugal
12. Croatia
15. Switzerland
18. Senegal
22. Morocco
24. Japan
26. Poland
28. South Korea

England advance

Remaining teams via rank. (4 more teams to be removed)

1. Brazil
3. Argentina
4. France
5. England
7. Spain
8. Netherlands
9. Portugal
12. Croatia
15. Switzerland
22. Morocco
24. Japan
28. South Korea

This is the best England team I've seen in my lifetime. Genuine A graders everywhere. It's their best chance to salute for decades. Only problem is they have drawn a tough opponent next who also are elite. I'd say we're looking at either France v Brazil, England V Brazil Argentina v Brazil or Netherlands v Brazil. Can't see Portugal or Spain beating Brazil on that side of the draw. Brazil were in 1st gear the other night wouldn't pay any attention to the Ghana result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Henderson and Rice is an awful awful midfield to play against France. Cannot have them two with the lack of vision and creativity.

watch what happens for the rest of the team when they play... releases Jude to play box to box. Team pivots from having a front 4 to 4.5 to also having a more defensive 7. Allow Harry to drop deep to collect with Saka/Rashford/Foden/Sterling etc to break

The flanks is a concern for me, particularly with Walker perhaps underdone, Shaw's inability to track back properly and the hardly mobile quality of Harry Mac.

Still expect the French to win and reasonably comfortably.

It seems to be becoming a war of attrition, so many games in a short period.
In the QF when ability evens up, it may come down to how taxing the previous schedule was

It seems to be becoming a war of attrition, so many games in a short period.
In the QF when ability evens up, it may come down to how taxing the previous schedule was
Both teams have had a fairly easy run. France rested their players. England have scored 12 goals in 3 goals, with a 0-0 draw v USA.

This is the best England team I've seen in my lifetime. Genuine A graders everywhere. It's their best chance to salute for decades. Only problem is they have drawn a tough opponent next who also are elite. I'd say we're looking at either France v Brazil, England V Brazil Argentina v Brazil or Netherlands v Brazil. Can't see Portugal or Spain beating Brazil on that side of the draw. Brazil were in 1st gear the other night wouldn't pay any attention to the Ghana result.
Argentina v Brazil or Netherlands v Brazil impossible final,Portugal and Spain also on other side of the draw so can’t meet until the final.

Feel sorry for South Korea, got out of the weakest group but by far the worst team to finish 2nd, and come across Brazil. Brazil I expect will make subs and score probably ends up 6-1 or something, but if Brazil wanted to they could rack up 8 or 9 comfortably.

South Korea really unlucky they didn't get looked after by the draw like how Croatia, Spain and Switzerland have been. They could at least compete against Morocco or Japan.

watch what happens for the rest of the team when they play... releases Jude to play box to box. Team pivots from having a front 4 to 4.5 to also having a more defensive 7. Allow Harry to drop deep to collect with Saka/Rashford/Foden/Sterling etc to break

The flanks is a concern for me, particularly with Walker perhaps underdone, Shaw's inability to track back properly and the hardly mobile quality of Harry Mac.

Still expect the French to win and reasonably comfortably.

Mbappe v Walker is a key battle and I'm not convinced Walker is back to full speed. France also have the option to switch Mbappe to the right like PSG sometimes do. That would put him up against Shaw and Maguire. Then again, Dembele is no slouch. He was MoM against Denmark.

England also have a lot of offensive fire power. Kane, Saka, Rashford, Foden are all looking really sharp with Bellingham and Henderson chipping in with goals. We might be looking at a 2-2 draw or 3-2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back