Fixture 2023 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we get the Quaddie? Mt Barker, Geelong, Ballarat and Tasmania. And let’s call them all Melb games…
I think our Ballarat games are done for now.
We may get Tassie against Hawks but I really hope they lobbie for that one in Melbourne.

As for Geelong, we need to learn how to beat them there.

As for Geelong, we need to learn how to beat them there.
That’s easy, we just need to score more points than the opposition on the day :drunk:

#coachingiseasy

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Annoying membership rollover is before the fixture is released, particularly for VIC members who are buying in to an unknown number of games in Melbourne - after 4 last year 5 would be semi acceptable, 6 would be fantastic but there’s next to no hope of that happening.
Yep, $215 out of my account. How many matches is that?

The AFL used to use and maybe still do use a Canadian (i believe) company that also does other football codes including NFL
I read an article years ago stating the AFL with all their stipulations is the hardest draw they have to do
Then throw in the recently approved "magic round".
It is a made up round by the AFL so should not change the overall draw formula
The 2022 fixture draw came out on Thursday 9th December 2021

So, my tip is the draw will be released tomorrow

Yep, $215 out of my account. How many matches is that?

Going with 4, at $53.75 a game; thanks to the gimmick magic round where a Melbourne game will be taken away to accommodate it.

5 games would be $43, for which the club has to pay for you to attend, small profit for the club. 6 would be $35.83 and the club would make nothing out of that so zero chance of 6 in Melbourne.

with the 6/6/6 fixture being in. Magic round throws that around. If we get North than that's a major boost.
You would have to think that North must be our 6th double up so maybe the other 5 might be quite tough.

Geelong had both West Coast and North last year I think🤔 so were pretty lucky there but it didn’t seem to hurt their chances getting an easier draw. In fact it probably helped them by being able to manage their players well.

In a interesting little fixture quirk I have noticed that the last time we had a double up against the team who we played in the first round was way back in 2017 against Gold Coast which was Fages first game as Coach.
We got off to a flyer and only just hung on in the end for a 2 point win.

So it may be about time we had one,
Port might be one of our double ups.

with the 6/6/6 fixture being in. Magic round throws that around. If we get North than that's a major boost.
I had someone mention to me this morning that they wonder whether sending us and North to Mount Barker in any way related to making life tougher for Fagan and Clarksons teams. Probably a bit tin foil hat theory but i wouldnt put anything past the afl tbh.

I had someone mention to me this morning that they wonder whether sending us and North to Mount Barker in any way related to making life tougher for Fagan and Clarksons teams. Probably a bit tin foil hat theory but i wouldnt put anything past the afl tbh.
I was thinking it might be the 2 teams least likely to pull a crowd in Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going with 4, at $53.75 a game; thanks to the gimmick magic round where a Melbourne game will be taken away to accommodate it.

5 games would be $43, for which the club has to pay for you to attend, small profit for the club. 6 would be $35.83 and the club would make nothing out of that so zero chance of 6 in Melbourne.
Isn’t Magic round an extra game they have added this year?

So 24 rounds instead of 23.

If so, I don’t believe they are taking it off anybody.

Concerning that there are no further leaks tonight. Starting to think we may be waiting till next week before its released

On the proviso that I can get a ticket to the game and can take a long weekend, I'm surprisingly positive about being shunted out to Mount Barker. Mainly because its a good excuse to stay in Hahndorf and spend far too much time at Wineries.

There are some things such as trades and the draft that have a lot of interest over a week or so in the news and then there is the fixture which they really drag out. It's ok to have minimal news early pre-season or out of season...

Looking forward to Dunks getting the 3 brownlow votes in a big win while all the bulldog numpties from the D&T board leave at half time

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back